where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: This is ever so important...

Hatched!
    Name
    Bridgette
    Thanks

This is ever so important...

Um, well, not really but, I was just going to ask, what type of laptop should I buy?
    I was highly considering this >>> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/A...-244934588.htm but I'm not sure really. I honestly, don't know anything about good brands of computers (although I am good at using them) so yea...
    If I did get that one, what are the advantages and disadvantages of it. Also, if you entirely disagree with the idea of getting that computer, would you mind recommending some better brands and specific laptops Thanks. I just kind of want to know

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

Re: This is ever so important...

ok what you need to ask yourself is what do i want to do with it? eg: media, gamer, word, music etc.. what do you need it to do?

judging by those specs that laptop is very basic. it would be best used as a word processing, basic small games or internet laptop. good size if you are a student and wanting to take it to school etc. ok price for what it is.

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ Four More Babies Hatched! Skittles's Avatar
    Name
    Lauren
    Thanks

Hmm.. I am not a fan of laptops especially for what I use them for (World of Warcraft,
    artwork etc..) I need a bigger harddrive and have upgraded my video card twice. With a lap top you're limited to almost nothing with wha tyou can upgrade. You can't just pop off the back, install more RAM or upgrade a video card lik eyou can with a PC

Keep in mind too, a lap top will essentially go out of date in a year - new technology comes out, your old lap top goes out of date.

With a PC you can keep upgrading bits and pieces to keep it running.

I checked out the link you posted too, I unfortunately know nothing about MacBooks either

Name
    Shannon
    Thanks

Unless you buy a high end laptop. Mine is a year old and it is still ahead of the standard specs and working great.

I'm not a fan of Macs, but that is just personal preference. You could find something with better specs if you were willing to buy a pc.

Hatched!
    Name
    Bridgette
    Thanks

Thanks for that info guys Well, what I was looking for, was one with word documents and stuff like that for school and also I want to have my iTunes(because I can't live without that) and I might play the occasional game(would The Sims be a bad game to use on that type of computer?). I was going to get a PC(well a better one than this) but I kind of need to be able to transport it with me so yea... Thanks

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

because of the size of the hard drive, the graphics card and the amount of RAM that laptop has you are going to be pretty limited to what you can and cant play on it. ive never owned a mac before so im going on my windows knowledge, my specs knowledge and here say from other people about macs. you can get a version of word, excel etc for macs but its bloody hard to find and not very cheap either.

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/