Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is (dried) hot glue safe?

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Re: Is (dried) hot glue safe?

Quote Originally Posted by born2budgie View Post
    Alright.. everyone shut up and listen.

Firstly, the stainless steel thing was a joke that went six feet over your head, only slightly brushing off some of the sh*t stuck on from having your head up your ***. You're paranoid and misguided, a pretty awesome combination.

In regards to Claire acting like the third coming of Jesus (second is me) and miraculously curing her bird and saving it from the grasp of the devil.... this is just dumb.

Amphotericin B, while possibly being able to cure Megabac infections, can also cripple birds. Y'know, how awesome it is to endure liver failure, kidney failure, cardiac arrest, vomiting, nausea, etc etc etc... while you have a bacterial infection.

The reason your vet didn't prescribe it, is because it has a high chance to kill the bird! There is a line in the sand in which the treatment does not outweigh the illness. Vets, and even the god danm government, say that utilizing this medication to treat AGY does not make sense, as most of the time the bird is put through an excruciating hardship before it dies.

Now, because you tried it and lucked out, does not make it right!

Think of it this way, if I was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and there was something that could cure me... they need to shove an red-hot piece of iron from my *** to my eyes while kicking me in the balls.... and oh yeah, this has a 99.9% chance of failure...

Put me on Kevorkian's list, as that 00.1% chance of success isn't worth the pain.

Now imagine this, you are dense enough to figure that just because it will increase your time with your bird, it's worth it?
    There was a high chance that you could have not only killed your bird, but put it through unnecessary pain. Congratulations for 'caring' for your bird.

You are correct though, your vet was terribly wrong.... he recommended putting the wrong thing down.

Oh, and btw, if you're going to sling insults, atleast be good at it.
    It is only banned here in the UK, it is not banned anywhere else and it is widely used to treat birds for this condition worldwide.

My breeder has used it sucessfully.Others on this site have used it, one was sucessful, the other was not as the yeast had gotten hold of the bird for such a long time.

I knew the potential risks! I am not stupid. It would work or it wouldnt. I had decided if he got worse or he was suffering i would end it that day, it never happened.

He had one chance at this. I used the correct dosage, i monitored him most of the day.

He has survived and is such an amazing boy. I did the best thing i could have ever done. I am so proud

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pine4parrots View Post
    you should report them if they dont refund you.
    I personally think vets are a total waste of time, and if they dont know the answers, "ITS PUT THE ANIMAL DOWN"
    there may be some good vets out there, but I have never met one, from past experience of loosing pets, I now know THEY KILLED!!! I will never trust a vet.

I have my birds insured, just in case I ever have to go for tests to be done, if this ever happens, I will question everything they tell me, and look things up myself.
    google

the vets killed my duck, he was half my heart, I will never forgive them, and will never forget that if I had known better, like I do now, my duck would not have died.

I had a duck with a similar problem last month, I treated it my self, the duck is fine, so much for vets.

I have spoken to the vets wife today, she said they would xray him and do fecal gram stains for no extra charge. I am going to see the vet that owns the surgery next week. His wife says ive done a very good job. I am still very angry with them though. To be fair, it wasnt her husband i saw, it was a young woman vet. She could talk the talk, unfortunatley couldnt walk the walk.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crouton View Post
    nice. really nice. this coming from a self-proclaimed "professional" who only has the animals' best interest at heart. do you counsel all your followers with this advice as well? don't trust a vet - they're bad. they kill animals. they're horrid. wow. so the ONLY positive things you have to say about anything are those you extol on your website?

might i be so bold as to lead you to google to definition of NONSENCE, a word found in both your posts and your website? it's a new word that you've seemed to adopt - quite fitting, actually. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nonsence
    sorry but I say it as it is, what I said is the truth, and I did say they may be some good vets, but I haven't met one.

I actually know a wonderful lady who runs a rescue, if anyone tells me they have a problem I send them to her, as I know she will help.

she has years of experience, and is amazing with the birds, she has helped me many times.

Think before typing Tailfeather
    Thanks

she has helped me many times.
    Maybe you should ask for a refund - I don't think her help was good enough...

Tailfeather
    Name
    LC
    Thanks

For someone as concerned about safety as you, pine4parrots, I am shocked that you would trust a bird owner over a vet. A vet, who has dedicated his or her life to learning about parrot health. Home-treatment is one of the most irresponsible things a pet owner can do, IMO. Without extensive knowledge, it's way too risky and just plain stupid to mess with something that a person who isn't a vet shouldn't mess with. I'm all for natural remedies and all, but not if they're done without expert, researched (not just Google) help.

Outside appearances don't tell you how healthy a bird is, they are prey animals after all and hide what's wrong.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by born2budgie View Post
    Alright.. everyone shut up and listen.

Firstly, the stainless steel thing was a joke that went six feet over your head, only slightly brushing off some of the sh*t stuck on from having your head up your ***. You're paranoid and misguided, a pretty awesome combination.

In regards to Claire acting like the third coming of Jesus (second is me) and miraculously curing her bird and saving it from the grasp of the devil.... this is just dumb.

Amphotericin B, while possibly being able to cure Megabac infections, can also cripple birds. Y'know, how awesome it is to endure liver failure, kidney failure, cardiac arrest, vomiting, nausea, etc etc etc... while you have a bacterial infection.

The reason your vet didn't prescribe it, is because it has a high chance to kill the bird! There is a line in the sand in which the treatment does not outweigh the illness. Vets, and even the god danm government, say that utilizing this medication to treat AGY does not make sense, as most of the time the bird is put through an excruciating hardship before it dies.

Now, because you tried it and lucked out, does not make it right!

Think of it this way, if I was diagnosed with terminal cancer, and there was something that could cure me... they need to shove an red-hot piece of iron from my *** to my eyes while kicking me in the balls.... and oh yeah, this has a 99.9% chance of failure...

Put me on Kevorkian's list, as that 00.1% chance of success isn't worth the pain.

Now imagine this, you are dense enough to figure that just because it will increase your time with your bird, it's worth it?
    There was a high chance that you could have not only killed your bird, but put it through unnecessary pain. Congratulations for 'caring' for your bird.

You are correct though, your vet was terribly wrong.... he recommended putting the wrong thing down.

Oh, and btw, if you're going to sling insults, atleast be good at it.
    OMG the stainless steel was a Joke, you mean I have just taken my birds out of their stainless steel cages and put them in boxes, FOR NOTHING!!

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

OMG the stainless steel was a Joke, you mean I have just taken my birds out of their stainless steel cages and put them in boxes, FOR NOTHING!!
    Ive done this too....are you telling me i was wrong to do this??? The birds tried to fight their way out of the boxes, they have pecked holes through the cardboard....i have hot glued the cardboard back together, the boxes are as good as new now

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Cricket View Post
    For someone as concerned about safety as you, pine4parrots, I am shocked that you would trust a bird owner over a vet. A vet, who has dedicated his or her life to learning about parrot health. Home-treatment is one of the most irresponsible things a pet owner can do, IMO. Without extensive knowledge, it's way too risky and just plain stupid to mess with something that a person who isn't a vet shouldn't mess with. I'm all for natural remedies and all, but not if they're done without expert, researched (not just Google) help.

Outside appearances don't tell you how healthy a bird is, they are prey animals after all and hide what's wrong.
    The lady runs a rescue, she has 40years experience of healing birds, she has healed birds that the vet has told her to put down.
    I trust this lady completely, and if she thought someone should go to the vet, she will send them.
    Honestly, birds are in good hands with her.
    and at the end of the day, we all do what we think best.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    Ive done this too....are you telling me i was wrong to do this??? The birds tried to fight their way out of the boxes, they have pecked holes through the cardboard....i have hot glued the cardboard back together, the boxes are as good as new now
    mine are chewing their way out, good idea, I will hot glue them in

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

I have run out of glue, must dash over the road to my neighbours,
    be back soon.
    unless I get run over by a bus

Tailfeather
    Name
    LC
    Thanks

This is just getting ridiculous. Do you really think you're going to help any bird with your attitudes?

AKA 'Follyfoot Farm' Tailfeather
    Name
    Mel
    Thanks

so the vet tells you to put your bird to sleep, what do you do.
    the bird would be dead now if she listened to the vet,
    it is very much alive, and singing his little head off, I heard him today, I have tiels, and know the sound of a happy tiel when I hear it.
    You do what is in the best interest for the bird (or animal) Sometimes people are selfish gits that only care about themselves. The tiel is suffering? Well lets just give it some homebrew crap that our mighty god GOOGLE has recommended, just so we can have a few more months.
    I HATE to see animals suffer. I dont not advocate euthanasia either, but most vets make the call for a reason. If you are unhappy with your vet... then seek a second opinion. But IMO looking up "cure alls" from google in the hopes that you can put your bird through a bit more misery just for your sake... is SELFISH.
    I dont know WHAT you are treating him with, but because you REFUSE to say, I can only assume it is some sh*t you found off google. I would much like to know what is in it, so then I can find out what internal harm you are doing. Birds have VERY sensitive internal systems.

I personally think vets are a total waste of time, and if they dont know the answers, "ITS PUT THE ANIMAL DOWN"
    there may be some good vets out there, but I have never met one, from past experience of loosing pets, I now know THEY KILLED!!! I will never trust a vet.
    nice. really nice. this coming from a self-proclaimed "professional" who only has the animals' best interest at heart. do you counsel all your followers with this advice as well? don't trust a vet - they're bad. they kill animals. they're horrid. wow. so the ONLY positive things you have to say about anything are those you extol on your website?
    You have never mentioned any form of profession Yvonne, only that you "research"... guess what? I do that too! ZOMG! So too, do all the members here at TF. And I am sorry, but MANY of them know a **** sight more than you do. And they are capable of communicating in a way that is not: "If you dont do this... YOUR BIRD WILL DIE!" *which is the hugest load of crap and entirely laughable*
    So I agree with crouton completely.
    But hey, if you and google know more than a certified avian vet... then you two must be an AMAZING couple. Reading all those websites as quality as your own? AMAZING! I will remember them when I come to writing my thesis.

Before you ask, yes I am a b!tch...
    But I am an honest b!tch.

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Its much better than arguing! I was upset and hurt by people's lack of understanding, and their ignorant comments. Yvonne cheered me up over the phone and i have never laughed so much since before Derek got ill. Thank you Yvonne, you are a true STAR.

Spank me...I iz naughty!! Tailfeather Sir Peter of Canada's Avatar
    Name
    Peter
    Thanks

I have run out of glue, must dash over the road to my neighbours,
    be back soon.
    unless I get run over by a bus
    There's always hope...

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Cricket View Post
    This is just getting ridiculous. Do you really think you're going to help any bird with your attitudes?
    did someone nick your chuckle muscle