Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I知 eithanizing Candy tomorrow

I just had to put down her daughter Trouble, now Candy. They were a rescue from a breeding ranch. Candy has been sick for a while now and I have been hanging on to long. Now she stopped eating, she痴 loosing weight, she just lays in her box and her kidneys are shutting down. Her pee has a really bad ammonia smell, chins pee does not smell bad. Im just not looking forward to this. I feel sick knowing tomorrow is the day my baby will be gone. She doesn稚 have any spunk anymore, I know in my heart Im doing the right thing. Im just going to miss her and I just had to do this with Trouble. It痴 going to be really hard. She lived a happy life, nice big cage, lots of toys, a chin room to run in, now it痴 time for her to go see her daughter. She is very loved and very special. Every night I tuck her under my shirt and we watch a bit of TV together. She like that. So today Im just going to spend all day with her and suck in every moment I can.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Re: I知 eithanizing Candy tomorrow

That decision is so difficult but it is one a lot of us have to make because we love our animals so much and want to do what is best for them, not us.
    You have my sympathy.
    karen

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Thanks Karen. she had a good life. If I didn’t get her she would be made into a fur coat so she lived longer then she would have. Im holding her right now, she is tucked in my lap sleeping and the time has come, I just know it. She is very tired and weak. I didn’t sleep much, Im up at 1am knowing what I have to do. It affects my sleep. Im going to miss her really bad, my heart feels like it’s breaking but I have my others to cheer me up. I will break her cage down which will give tons more space in the chin room for them to run around. But Im just going to miss her with all my heart. But I know in my heart Im doing the right thing.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

So sorry to hear all of this........just makes me sad.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so sorry Courtney. Loving a pet is the easy thing to do, letting them go is always the hardest. You have my sympathy because even though its the best thing to do for Candy it still is one of those really hard things for you to do. Big hugs to you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Thanks, it's for the best. I know that in my heart. Im not going to let her suffer just for me to have her around. She will go peacefully in my arms. You are right, loving is easy letting go is hard.

Name
    Christian
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear it, Courtney...iit is always hard to let them go...our thoughts are with you.
    G. A. Christian Bilou
    Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta (Est. 1994)
    reptilerescuealberta@telus.net
    Vice-president, Calgary Aquarium Society (Est. 1951)
    http://www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com

1.2 Nymphicus hollandicus
    2.3 Tupinambis rufescens (red tegu), 2.0 Tupinambis merianae (B&W tegu)
    0.1 Felis domesticus
    Numerous fish and newts

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Monique
    Thanks

I'm so sorry and sad to hear this. It hurts so much, and my heart goes out to you. I pray that you have strength and that the memories of her and Trouble, plus the knowledge that you gave them a good life, will help you through this difficult time.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Thanks Toirtis. It really is hard to let them go but it was time, she was just bone and just to weak. I could not stand looking at her like that anymore. Thanks Monique, I have the strength and have been holding my other animals that much closer and they are helping me get threw this. You just can't take their life for grandted. Just love them as much as you can and spend as much time with them as you can, that is what's helping me threw this. Candy is now with her daughter Trouble, they were meant to be together I guess. Trouble needed her mom so it was time.