Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Perpetually learning... Hatching
    Name
    Russell
    Thanks

What sound(s) does your bird hate?

So I guess a couple weeks ago I finally made the connection... Amria HATES the opening song to Futurama. I have gotten to the point when it comes on I hit mute through the credits, because she will ***** for at least 5 minutes + after they're done with.

What sounds/music does your bird hate?

Here's the opening credits to one Futurama episode (broadcast simultaneously one year in the future)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2wBGzCzv_E
    --Russell
    I am a very blunt & honest person; I don't sugar coat things. If I offend you please feel free to PM me; I am always willing to work out any issues.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Re: What sound(s) does your bird hate?

Poor baby. AT least you figured it out.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

So far I haven't noticed any sounds Chaos hates...but he does get excited when I play music. He sings along in his own warped way lol

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Boomer HATES when I sneeze. Yep, that's right. He gets all riled up and mad when I sneeze. His feathers stick straight up and he gets downright mad, I have no clue why. I have bad allergies so it's hilarious when I sneeze.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Name
    Russell
    Thanks

Eclipse, Amira will commonly sing along with music, but it's more of a pleasant chirping/"singing" sound. What I'm referring to is screaming at the top of her lungs, haha.

Wow Courtney... that's odd! That would actually make a rather interesting YouTube video, I bet
    --Russell
    I am a very blunt & honest person; I don't sugar coat things. If I offend you please feel free to PM me; I am always willing to work out any issues.

Name
    Barb
    Thanks

Courtney that is hysterical!

Darwin hates the sound from dog squeeky toys. He attacks with vigor. If the said toy has eyeballs, it is that much worse! He hates things with eyeballs....

Suffering from MBS Egg's Cracking...
    Thanks

Gidget HATES the sound of the vacuum cleaner. As soon as I bring it out into the open she screams her fool head off and when I turn it on well that's it she goes bonkers.

Have to put her in my dad's bedroom when I clean house

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I'll try to get it on video maybe trying to fake a sneeze and see if he peeps when I do that. But every singe time he just goes crazy peeing as loud as he can getting all riled up.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Name
    Michelle
    Thanks

That would be so funny to watch Courtney!

Dusty hates the Geico narrator. She just screams and screams at him, no troubles with the gecko though haha.
    My new Cockatiel Jojo hates sirens. Shame we live in a quite place where you can hear the emergency vehicles from across town.

Name
    Russell
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    Dusty hates the Geico narrator. She just screams and screams at him,
    I scream at them both and threaten them with each others' lives every time I see them on the TV. Haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    no troubles with the gecko though haha.
    So this is why all those people on Animal Planet have Australian accents...
    --Russell

Brand New Egg Willow_and_ Sunny's_mom's Avatar
    Name
    Lisa
    Thanks

My Willow and Sunny love music, but Sunny hates cell phone ring tones. We played some the other day to assign a few to people on our speed dial and Sunny attacked the cell phone. Then he got mad at me. I've noticed that when Sunny gets mad or scared he takes it out on me. Maybe because I caused the noise, or didn't flee from it...not sure why. He loves the song Johnny B Goode...that red head gets a bobbing so fast he falls over...hilaarious.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Next time I feel like I have to sneeze I will grab my camera and try to video tape it. It's hilarious. I don't know what he's thinking but he just peeps as loud as possible.

Name
    Russell
    Thanks

I just recently discovered another object Amira despises.. my cowboy hat! I had it on the kitchen table next to her cage, because that's where I left it when I got home from the country bar last night. Today she was in her cage playing, looks over and sees me pick it up, runs to the door of her cage climbs up top and starts screaming at me flapping her wings! I put the hat down and she calmed down and chirped like "what's up?" These critters are a never ending source of amusement!
    --Russell

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I sneezed again and Boomer let out the biggest peep I have ever herd, it was hilarious. It's like she was screaming mad at me for sneezing.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

hehe my tiel hates sneezes too, Courtney... he screams at me, or flies all over the room screaming whenever a person sneezes. I think it's the loud sudden noise they hate

You should get a video your sunny dancing to music

Thanks

Dale hates the dog clicker. He does a little spaz, then he starts his Nanday scream fit. And towels. If he sees one he puffs up and does the conure ninja sway. He and Spice also hate gloves, but I think that's because when they go in for a nail/beak/wing trim the groomers wear gloves. Spice freaks at apples, whole, cut or chopped. Can't eat one around her if you don't want a headache. And lol, she HATES my fiance's son. Everytime she hears or sees him she goes bonkers. She knows I can't take him either, so..... .
    SpiceDale

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

hehe my tiel hates sneezes too, Courtney... he screams at me, or flies all over the room screaming whenever a person sneezes. I think it's the loud sudden noise they hate
    That's funny. Maybe they do get mad at the sudden noise, I don't know but Boomer sure gets upset when I sneeze. Im going to try and get it on video.

HKShades Brand New Egg
    Name
    Laura
    Thanks

My conure and tiels don't care about too much! The male tiel gets all excited over the new Volkswagen commercial b/c they whistle Andy Griffith song faster than he can. And he LOVES the dog squeaky toy b/c as soon as the dog gets it squeaking he joins in in perfect harmony (of all the noises I never would have taught him, he picked that up all on his own!) Other than that I haven't noticed much :-) No sneezes or anything ;-)

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

Oh dear...Aspen absolutely HATES the sound of electric guitar. If I have a song playing loudly with an electric guitar, he'll scream. But both my birds, Aspen and Patches panic when they hear the vacuum cleaner.

All Hail Hypnotoad Teenager ZoologyGirl's Avatar
    Name
    Heather
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CRToon83 View Post
    So I guess a couple weeks ago I finally made the connection... Amria HATES the opening song to Futurama. I have gotten to the point when it comes on I hit mute through the credits, because she will ***** for at least 5 minutes + after they're done with.
    Oh my goodness, that's funny. I love futurama, my bird doesn't seem to mind the opening song.

I haven't found any noises in particular that seem to bother her, but she gets scared of sudden, loud sounds.

For some reason she really loves when people sing "Jingle Bells", and will dance a lot to this.

I also play piano and sometimes she likes to squawk and dance around when I play.

~Heather~
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way." - Juan Ramón Jiménez

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I just found out Boomer hates when I cough now, lol. He will peep as loud as he can. Im not allowed to sneeze or caugh.

Name
    Russell
    Thanks

lol Sarah... yeah Amira HATES when I play electric guitar, but loves when I play acoustic. Even if I'm playing the exact same song the same way, there's something about the tone of electric she hates.

And Courtney... Boomer is just trying to keep you from getting sick! Haha.
    --Russell

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

lol I think so.