where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Regurgitating?

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Regurgitating?

My tiel makes this beak chomping motion when he's found something to chew on that isn't quite big enough to fit in his mouth and be bitten by the outside of his beak... kind of a beak open/closed really fast while moving his neck back and forth. Usually he does this when he's eating something soft and tiny, like rice he's chewed to bits... or bits of bread that he can't really break apart any more.

Today he's been doing that when I give him nuzzles and he did it again to his mirror toy and again to my boyfriend (just sitting on his shoulder)... he touched my lips with his beak open after he did it and it felt kind of wet and after a few minutes felt like dried sauce on the edge of my lip.

I am guessing he is regurgitating? If that is the case, how do I tell him I don't want him to feed me? This is the first day he's done that.

His droppings are all normal, he's eating fine, been hyper active singing and flying.

I don't really like the idea of being vomited on, even if he does it out of love.

Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Re: Regurgitating?

Day 2 - I took away his mirror toys, so he isn't doing it to any toys anymore. I stopped giving him kisses, cause that was setting him off to me... but he still does it anytime he's near the bf! Argh. I swear he has to be one extreme or another... he FINALLY stops biting the blood out of the bf everytime he sees him and now he is regurgitating to him excessively. I'm worried he's going to make himself sick...

Going to call the vet tomorrow if he's still doing it... see if they can help me figure out how to get him to stop.

Name
    Kyra
    Thanks

dose your bird think that ummm....well.. the bf is a chick??? that would be wierd. just a thought.

Name
    Marie
    Thanks

lol I don't know what he thinks the bf is...

When we got him he was indifferent to the bf, bonded to me. (lasted about a month)
    After a while he started liking the evenings with the bf, the daytime with me. (lasted about 9 months)
    Then he started screaming his head off in the bfs ear. (lasted about a month)
    Then he started giving shrill warning screams whenever he saw him, biting the blood out of him anytime he was near. (lasted about a month)
    Now he's trying to feed him, wanting cuddles, kisses and singing to him all the time.

I'm just glad the bf likes the bird, or I would have to worry about him not wanting to put up with mood swings so drastic!

Remove Ads