Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Gallbladder Removed

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Getting Gallbladder Removed

In two days Iím getting my gallbladder removed. Iíve been in terrible pain so I will be out of commission for a while. But hopefully soon up to posting. They said itís an out patient operation and not a big one. So I cleaned everything, my tanks and cages and house so I donít have to do anything. Iím a bit nervous even though itís a mild operation, itís still surgery. So if Iím not on for a bit thatís why.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Name
    Barb
    Thanks

Re: Getting Gallbladder Removed

Best of luck Courtney! I had a friend who was also in pain a lot and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, once they removed the gallbladder she was a new person! I hope the same for you!

Name
    Sandra
    Thanks

Sorry to hear bout your surgery tho if it brings you relief from pain it's good. IMHO there's no such thing as mild, minor or same day surgery. The docs might call it that because it can be done in a day but they forget that until we are back on our feet it should still be counted as part of the surgery.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and just remember to follow your doc's instructions which will probably mean no lifting and no moving around alot. And don't forget to keep in touch - you've been dealing with several different problems in the recent past.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Thanks Barb, I am looking forward to being pain free, it feels like someone is stabbing me.

Sorry to hear bout your surgery tho if it brings you relief from pain it's good. IMHO there's no such thing as mild, minor or same day surgery. The docs might call it that because it can be done in a day but they forget that until we are back on our feet it should still be counted as part of the surgery.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and just remember to follow your doc's instructions which will probably mean no lifting and no moving around alot. And don't forget to keep in touch - you've been dealing with several different problems in the recent past.
    Yes, it's worth it for some relief for sure, Im just excited to be pain free. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, that's nice. Yes, I have had a lot of recent problems. I will just rest and relax and listen to Chiquita scream at me, lol. But ya, a lot has been going on.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Name
    Sandra
    Thanks

Remember to pick up a pair of ear plugs for that Calgon moment to take you away ...

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Don't worry too much Courtney! My brother had it done when he was 17, had to be an emergency cause the first doctor called it "caffeine withdrawal" and he was back on his feet in about a week. They give pain killers which work really well and bed rest. But, from my brother's description it hurts way less than gallstones.

Hope you have a swift recovery and we'll be looking forward on updates when you get back!

Name
    Dick
    Thanks

Courtney, you'll do fine. I lived with severe pain for 5 years and when I had it finally removed under emergency situations, they shipped the stone off to Purdue University because of it's size. They were totally surprised I didn't get an infection. Oh well.. It's gone.. No more pain ) and it's been well over 15 years ago.

So your a Chicken Hawk!

Thanks

All the best and a fast recovery! Hopefully all will be well then. A lot of people in my family had theirs removed and I know the ocassional pain as well, but so far I'm lucky it's nothing to worry about yet. Fingers crossed for you, people usually feel much better after it's out.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Thanks, that is encouraging. Im glad I will feel relief from pain after the surgery. It will be nice to get some relief. I will just stay it bed and watch my fish. But it should not be too bad, Im just anxious to get it over with.

Thanks

My baby sister had hers out last December. She doesn't handle things very well, but she had no problems (real or imagined). She said the hardest part was having to watch what she ate. She was in the hospital for awhile, because the doctors didn't want to take the gall bladder out, otherwise she would have been out about a week sooner. Another friend had one out recently. She's a HUGE drama queen and had a big OMG!!! type post on FB. Once she said 'gallbladder' everyone told her stop overreacting and she's be fine. And she is.
    A side thought: my sister was contacted by a lawyer about her gallbladder situation. He said that there is a large amount of women who have gallbladder issues/removals and they were all on birth control pills (Yaz I think... don't hold me too that). I dunno if this applies to you, but I figured a little FYI couldn't hurt.

Regardless, good luck and take it easy!! Take advantage of it, cause it won't last. Relax, do nothing, let others help you.
    SpiceDale

Name
    Sandra
    Thanks

Let us know how you're doing please, even if you're about to strangle Boomer.

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

My baby sister had hers out last December. She doesn't handle things very well, but she had no problems (real or imagined). She said the hardest part was having to watch what she ate. She was in the hospital for awhile, because the doctors didn't want to take the gall bladder out, otherwise she would have been out about a week sooner. Another friend had one out recently. She's a HUGE drama queen and had a big OMG!!! type post on FB. Once she said 'gallbladder' everyone told her stop overreacting and she's be fine. And she is.
    A side thought: my sister was contacted by a lawyer about her gallbladder situation. He said that there is a large amount of women who have gallbladder issues/removals and they were all on birth control pills (Yaz I think... don't hold me too that). I dunno if this applies to you, but I figured a little FYI couldn't hurt.

Regardless, good luck and take it easy!! Take advantage of it, cause it won't last. Relax, do nothing, let others help you.

It was successful and not a huge deal. How old is your sister? Im not on birth control so I don't know. But maybe it could have this kind of effect on other people. Thanks, my mom slept over, helped me with my animals. It only hurts when I get up or get out of bed. But Im on stong pain killers.

Let us know how you're doing please, even if you're about to strangle Boomer.
    It's Chiquita I wanted to strangle, lol. I had to get my mom let Chiquita out because she was screaming. She watched Chiquita, lol. Boomer came out too. My mom has been a big help. She even helped me clean the cages which Im crazy about, they have to be clean, lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    It was successful and not a huge deal. How old is your sister? It only hurts when I get up or get out of bed. But Im on stong pain killers.

It's Chiquita I wanted to strangle, lol. I had to get my mom let Chiquita out because she was screaming. She watched Chiquita, lol. Boomer came out too. My mom has been a big help. She even helped me clean the cages which Im crazy about, they have to be clean, lol.
    Glad it went well! My sis is 24, and she said it hurt for a few days, but she recovered pretty quick (and she is a very big baby with any type of pain)

Birdwise... lol I know it too well. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago, and Dale was an angel. No screaming, no noise. He was so good. Nowadays when I have a migraine he screams bloody murder. Spice tries to quiet him down, like she knows. But if I stay on the couch too long they both scream for me, maybe checking to see if I'm still alive.
    SpiceDale

Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

Oh yes migraine and bird, now that is a combo that does not work. One time I had to put a pillow over my head, lol. I get them to but I found something that works. Finally. But Im healing fast and up and doing things. It's just hard with Rocky because she is blind, I have to carry her up the stair and on the bed. But I do it carefully.

Name
    Domas
    Thanks

Don`t worry, the whole gall bladder surgery usually takes under an hour; recovery takes a couple of weeks.

Gall bladder surgery is one of the most routine surgeries performed and the results are usually very good. Relax, everythink will be OK!

Remove Ads