where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Babies weaned !!!!

My baby Baylee I <3 U!! Baby ChesterHannah2010's Avatar
    Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Babies weaned !!!!

They have been officially weaned since 1 week ago and today chick #5 went to his new home, its a good thing my friend got a similar cage to the one i keep the babies in is similar but bigger she got some toys for him too and within hours he was checking the toys out, he groomed himself , ate and drinked water... she got him out for 2 hours while here in my house he fell asleep in her neck... and pooped her sweater too lol. I guess he was calm too because she came 3 other times too to socialize with him he even gave her little kisses. LOL and also the water dish and food dish were the same type as the ones i got in the baby cage. i guess that too helped to make him relax faster and the fact that he knows my friend.
    Baylee SF Violet D Turquoise female white faced lovebird
    Dylan[color="darkolivegreen"] Skyblue DF Yellowface 1 Greywing male budgie
    RIP Kiwi my baby boy i love You! Fligh high!

A lovebird has the soul of a larger parrot in a small body.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Lisa
    Thanks

Re: Babies weaned !!!!

Thats wonderful. I am glad hes adjusting well. And that they are all weaned.

Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Tomorrow the other two will go to their new homes....tho there is one of the new owners that hasnt come not even once to check the chick he wants (he told me on the phone which one he wanted i always told him to come and meet the chick and to socialize with it ) and if tomorrow he doesnt come to socialize with the chick and interact with it (that makes the chick less nervous and less stressed when it goes to its new home and getting it into the cage and waiting 3 hours and talking softly to it calms it down) like the other 2 persons did, that chick wont leave my house if the guy doesnt come to socialize with the chick tomorrow... i'm very strict as to who gets the chicks i bred... i have the feeling he wants me to go to his house with the chick when he's the one that have to come to get the chick and socialize with it...

Also i'm just talking to my friend. She says the chick #5 is very relaxed even tho it is in a new place for him...

Name
    Danielle
    Thanks

Glad to hear how great they're doing! Sounds like #5 is already settled in.

That guy sounds a little shady. If I had the opportunity to go socialize with a bird before I brought it home I would take it in a heartbeat! If he lives very far away though he might not want to make many trips. I would get things clarified ASAP. Good luck

.....Abu......Rafiki...... Zuri.....

Name
    Maria
    Thanks

His wife and daughter lives 5 min away from my house by car... and he stays there Fridays and Sundays... soo well i decided if he doesnt come today by 8 pm i'll give it to some one else and chick #5 did reverted to formula im glad my friend constantly told me how it was acting and i deducted he needed formula again... i gave her enough formula today for the next 12 days she will feed it twice per day he is calm and chirping very little as soon as she got home she prepared the formula and he ate 5 cc of formula (she tried to feed it 2 cc more but he wasnt interested)... she told me today that she got him out today he was a little nervous looking everywhere but then he flew to a shelf and when he realized he was alone, he panicked and then flew back to her looking for confort which is very good he did ate a few small seeds after he ate the formula...i told my friend that probably he might eat a bit more when she isnt around... she worried cause she didnt saw him drinking water i told her to look at his poop if it was wet then it means he does drink water when she isnt looking lol... but she said it wasnt really wet. so with the formula it will be ok. she catched him eating seeds when he thought she wasnt looking LOL.

Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Well on the end my mom's friend got the 2 chicks one for her and one for her 9 year old grandaugther... she will take care of the 2 she hand fed last year a dominant pied lovie OMG today i went to help her choose the right cage for them and i saw an Opaline lutino female OMG my heart fell i had NEVER seen one in person and i was diying... but when i asked the price is like 180$ O.O so i'm hoping to get a lutino female at least... The other guy that was going to get one never showed up didnt even called me to ask about the chick... and her granddaughter is really excited also in the pet store where we went today to get the cage they had soooo many pastels i felt like in heaven LOL they even had one that looked almost white but with a violet rump and blue tail... and a very pastel green on the wings it was amazing!!! lol i didnt really knew where to look, they all had amazing colours!!! and they also had fischers and maskeds... but the roseicollis they had their colours were wow!!!