Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Haven't been on here forever :)

Hey,
    probably no one remembers me, but I used to frequent this forum a couple years ago. Actually I frequented it so much that I had to force myself to take a break and get un-addicted! Anyways, I think that a couple years of break has done me well, but I feel ready to get back into the bird community. Sadly most of the adorable birdies in my signature are no longer mine. Actually coming back on here has made me very nostalgic and miss them tons . But I started on this forum when I was in middle school, had future plans of winning the lottery and living in a mansion that was 3/4's aviary with hundreds of exotic birds, and owning 14 birds at that time, flash forward to these more recent years when I have realized that I want to do things in my life that are just not possible to do with 14 birds plus the multiple chinchillas and guinea pigs I owned. These things became all the more painfully clear in my grade 11 year when I had plans to leave for the next summer, and no one in my family would take care of my babies for me. So I then began to slowly find them wonderful new homes, it was really hard to do, but I knew they were happier in their new situations than in any arrangements I could have made for them to be fed while I was gone. I had actually planned on selling them all. I knew the lady who owned a local small pet store, and I gave her all three of my lovies to sell, after I had already sold everyone else. She sold Abecca right away. I had kind of a bad feeling when I dropped off Maroy and Sobe to be sold, because they put Maroy's cage on the floor, and people come in the store with their dogs all the time, but I assumed they wouldn't leave it there. Sadly they did, and when my mom visited the pet store she found out that Maroy had died (they didn't even call me) within the first few days of being there (probably from being frightened by an animal) and when my mom checked on Sobe she just didn't look happy of particularly healthy . So my mom took Sobe home, and everyone agreed that they could take care of one bird for me while I was gone That was a while ago and now I am going into college in two months and have one very happy healthy little Sobe! She is still as bratty and spunky as ever at ripe ol' age of 6. We just moved and there are plans in the making of my dad building me a cute little aviary for Sobe in my room. I pretty sure that this is how my life is going to stay for quite a while, maybe someday Sobe will not be a lone bird, but I am not planning on ever getting so busy with my animals again, and the only way of another bird entering this family is if it could live with Sobe, and she is a very picky with her friends, so it would have to be someone super special Anyway, I have nattered on long enough! I hope to get to know all of the current tf'ers soon!

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Re: Haven't been on here forever :)

Oops forgot to put up a cute Sobe pic!

Thanks

You have to love that "silly grin" look lovebirds have. Sobe is very cute! Does your bird get stinky when wet like mine does?
    We got lots of Ham here

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Wet bird smells worse then wet dog, especially when they are big birds.

Sorry to hear about you having to give up your flock. Sobe is adorable.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Sorry you had to give up your flock, but at least you got keep Sobe - who is a little cutie pie! I remember your sig but you left a few days after I joined but some of the old members are still around