where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: New Puppy

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

New Puppy

We were wanting to get my 14 year old daughter a puppy for Christmas. Our neighbor's dog had puppies but being the first litter only 3 survived and those were given away before the dog was even bred. But it just so happens that my daughter's friend found a box of puppies on the side of the road (no food or water or anything) We got Hannah's Christmas gift and did a good deed by rescuing a helpless soul. We got her tonight and she will make a trip to the vet next week for shots, worming, check-up, etc. We have only had her about 4 hours and Hannah is madly in love, she named the new baby, "Happy" because that is how she feels whenever she looks at her....I was trying to post a pic but for some reason, it won't let me!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

Re: New Puppy

Trying again with the pics!

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Awe! She looks so sweet. An Aussie cattle dog mix maybe? Love the pic of her on her back, she looks like she has a nice and large wormy belly though ! That is so sad that someone would just leave them there! Hopefully the other puppies find good homes in time for Christmas!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

Thank you.....Happy is doing great....she was trained to the wee wee pads with no effort at all, she just took right to it and has not had a single accident off the pads. She is a big time cuddler and loves nothing more than being curled up next to Hannah as she reads or watches TV. She is playing with her toys and getting pretty active. I will feel more comfortable once we get her to the vet tomorrow for check-up, shots and worming. I feel so fulfilled when I can do something to help one of God's little creatures. I just wish I could take them all. But as it is we now have 4 dogs, 1 cat, 2 GCC's, 1 horse and 1 mule. Our plate is full. I encourage everyone to at least look into taking in a rescue or handicapped animal in need of a home before deciding on a breeder.....there is no greater feeling in the world and it is one more golden brick added to your mansion in Heaven!!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

Happy got her trip to the vet this morning, check-up, shots and worming....except for being wormy, she is very healthy, which is surprising due to her history....She is doing very well, she follows Hannah around with hero worship. She likes me and my husband, but it is Hannah that she adores! I think she will be a great new family member. The dog doesn't know she has feet, Hannah carries her everywhere. I told Hannah that if she keeps it up, it will be difficult to carry around a 40 pound adult dog! LOL

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

My birds aren't the only ones that attack feet!

Even my fat doxie, Kippen, is starting to play with Happy!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Really very nice this birds and puppies are very cute.