where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Belle

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Jacqui
    Thanks

Belle

My sweet little budgie, Belle, passed away on 14th December 2011. I haven't posted on this forum in a long time so I'm not sure anyone would remember her, but I thought I'd post anyway.
    Belle was only 3 years old, but had been sick throughout her whole life.
    She was named after the princesses in two of my favourite Disney movies- Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin, and she was beautiful.
    She was white with black and blue markings, and I always thought she looked a bit like an abstract painting. She was tiny, even for a budgie, but what she lacked in size she made up for by being louder, braver, and crazier than either of my other birds. She was also the most naturally tame, I barely had to work to train her at all- she sat on my shoulder and climbed on my finger from pretty much the first day, after seeing Missy and Valentine do it.
    She loved to sing as loud as possible, hang upside down for no apparent reason whatsoever, and explore- she was one of those creatures who would climb into anything, eat anything, love anyone. She got along well with all the other pets and was quite well behaved when she needed to be handled for all the diagnostic tests she underwent in her life.
    For the first few years she saw a lot of Vets, in our attempts to figure out why she was always so sick. They gave her a bunch of treatments, some of which helped temporarily, some of which never did anything for her. They never figured out what was wrong. We changed her environment completely, changed her diet, tried everything.
    Eventually we had to make the decision to ‘let go and let God’, as long as she was comfortable and happy. She had almost a year of good life after that, and every time we thought she was close to the end, she surprised us and bounced back. This time she didn’t. She was singing and preening the night before she went, so we never got to the point of having to choose euthanasia. She looked peaceful and didn’t seem to suffer. We buried her under the Mulberry tree in our yard, a tree often filled with birds and purple flowers. Purple was her colour- mainly because Missy hates purple, and being the little sister, she got all the hand me downs that Mis didn’t want. I miss her very much and it will take a while to get used to seeing two cages instead of three, but I know we were blessed to have her and probably lucky she lived as long as she did.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Belle

Jacqui I am sorry for your loss of your beautiful Belle

She had a rough life but she had you to take care of her, to me your love for her is truly touching and makes me cry. I remember you and your Belle from before and I am sorry you lost her after all you did for her. Sometimes God has other plans for them up there and no matter how hard we try we just cant save them. HUGS to you.

Fly Free Belle...
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Jacque, I'm so sorry that you have lost your precious Belle. I know how heart breaking it is to lose a precious budgie. You are to be commended for taking such wonderful care of Belle. She sure was a beautiful little budgie and both of you shared so much love together with your other little budgies. Keep those special memories of Belle close to your heart. One day, you will meet Belle on the Rainbow Bridge where she is flying high and free and is at peace from her illness. Sending you a big "hug"!

Name
    Gail
    Thanks

Having lost a much-loved budgie recently myself, I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Big hugs to you, Jacqui. It sounds like you were a marvelous Mum, and the only comfort I can try to give is to think that Belle is as healthy as she can be in the field by the Rainbow Bridge, eating millet and whatever she wants or needs without fear of getting sick. Belle is no longer in any pain, and has lots of playmates in the other animals also waiting. She will be safe and well there, and on the day in the far future when you come from this world to travel to the Afterlife, she will be there to fly about and above you, bobbing and diving and soaring, and singing at the top of her lungs to announce to all in earshot that you have arrived and will be with her then and forever. Till then, keep her memory close to your heart, and remember the joyful times you had together.

ArticunoGail
    I was sane once, but I got better.

My baby boy, Lawrence.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Jacqui
    Thanks

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and words <3

Gail, I just read your post about Julie, and I'm sorry for your loss too