Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet Zeus.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sinthea
    Thanks

Re: Meet Zeus.

I live about a hour drive from the Chena Hotsprings Resort. Go up about once a month to hike on all their trails with my dog then finish up by ditching him at the car and soaking in the swimming pool sized rock pool for only $10. The dragon is fairly new and I think it's the coolest thing out there. The bf thinks the old mining equipment is cooler though.

Kody is half German and half husky I believe. And somehow no brains but I love him anyway.

We can grow dang near anything up here if we start them early inside. This was my first year being able to garden as I have always lived in apartments so I didn't start early enough. Our summers with the long sun all day and night really helps make up for the short growing periods though.

Zeus makes his beat up feathers look cute and fluffy!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sinthea
    Thanks

double post >.<

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

Hello my name is James I am Sintheas' Bf i am not sure if i am posting pics right or not but i got lots and this is my first post test
    Last edited by jamesCalvin; 07-02-2012 at 02:26 AM. Reason: first pic did not show

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

this is the smal dog kennel we had zeus in on our adventure down to anchorage.

this is zues klinging onto Sinthea for protection from me. was trying to get him back into the kennel to head back up to fairbanks

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

http://tinypic.com/r/xldksz/6
    this is about two weeks- a month after we got him when he started talking to us this was the only time i got it on video dont mind the annoying voice its gf moms voice and dont mind mine either.
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zqc75l/6
    Sorry the image is kinda dark but this was about a week ago this is the longest he had ventured away from his stand i said hi and he didnt even run all the way to the stand.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Hi James! I see your pictures perfectly and I love the one with Zues hanging on Sinthea because I am happy to see her let Zues climb on her. I love Zues voice, I just love talking birds and giggled just like Sinthea when he talked after you told her not to look at him.

I too like old mining equipment as yard art but since most of the old gold mines near my house have been gone through most of the good stuff is already gone for me to take. We do get lots of petrified wood from the old Hydraulic diggings mine up the road so that it least they didnt take all the wood that is left from the ancient rivers here. I love the dragon and it would be the center piece in my yard too Sinthea.

Our big mix shepherds were dumb dogs too but they were friendly and loved life and us so they were still my favorite part of growing up.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sinthea
    Thanks

I love my big dumb dog! He is my biggest baby. Sat in my lap all the way through fireworks one year for protection that mutt did! ^_^

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I love big dogs too. I had two Rottweilers that were super smart dogs and they were good dogs too so to me as long as they are big dogs I love them all. Our two dogs use to go shooting with us so they had no fear of fireworks and we use to take them to the big firework shows in town and they would fall asleep. Your dog is silly, laying in your lap for protection.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sinthea
    Thanks

My Kody thinks he is a little puppy lap dog! I swear! But he is my hiking buddy who I know will protect me from anything cept the pizza man. Really, he growls and barks when someone comes to the door but if he smells pizza from the other side he is cool with it!

I have never been fond of rotties but growing up a lady near by had four that had been trained attack dogs who liked to jump their fence and chase kids. I have known a few good ones but it takes me longer to feel comfortable around them.

I'm a big dog person too. If I can't wrestle with the dog it aint big enough!

I'm excited for when Zeus gets older and learns more sounds and noises.

And yeah, I let him climb on me. I have a rule that he can't be on my feet or above my chest as I still am not too fond of that big beak but he will sit in my lap and try to preen my pants for a good half hour between blanket and towel murdering. It's a good bonding time for us while I preen the head feathers he can't get to.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

Zeus is a really handsome and looks very healthy and happy!! He has come a long way since the first days with you. Keep up the awesome work you are doing to rehabilitate him.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

leeanne got her associates paper in today yay!
    View My Video
    zues cleaning his feathers i putting this one up because i think that thing were he rubs his head back and forth on his back is cute

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Erica
    Thanks

Make sure your guy gets to the vet and has proper level of vitamin A. I took in an Amazon and found out that he was low and had a poor diet. We got his infection taken care of (one nare was clogged, had both flushed at the vet and got antibiotics) and now he is a much happier clam. Blood work came back good. Original owner had died and the daughter had been him abandoned with a family that had no bird experience and were scared of him left him in the cage. My guy was cage aggressive too and we couldn't get him out - my trick was to get a complete new cage (different shape) with all new toys that was shoulder height. It took some time to get him out (at least several hours). His original cage was one of those old wrought iron circle ones - not safe and and almost reached the ceiling. Now he only gets nippy on the open door not the cage itself and never aggressive with me. He didn't even know how to play with toys so we were patient with him (just let him growl at them until he got used to them) and now he even plays with a bell.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

Thank you erehberg and welcome to the site zeus has been cage free as of may 15th he has been much better since we got him away from the cage we have had more progress with him since he has been away from it talks more and break through he is making these loud honking noises wich i think is pretty cool he also yells mama when me and leeanne l.eave for town a little bit untill we get home makes me feel bad that we have to leave him. and there is no good avian vet here in fairbanks. none of them are certified and they charge way to much for something they dont really know how to do we went in to see how much a wellness check would be and they wanted almost 300$ and told me they arent certified sooo we got him eating pellets with a mixture of fruits and vegies and he seems to be getting a lot better since we started adding the pellets to his food. I think we are going to stick with him being cage free from now on we found this large cage for him that we are going to try and get for when we have to go to anchorage and we cant bring him with us or when we go somewhere overnight becuase with this stand he is more active he has to climb up and down these little ladders to get to his food an in hi old cage he wouldnt reallt move around so im hoping this wider an deeper one will work great for keeping him active

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

Yeeesh... the last wellness check I put Sammy through was about 50-70, and that was with blood work, stools and one of the best bird vets in the country. (he's the staff vet for one of the biggest rescue parrot centres I know, and the biggest bird show in the UK) And I came home with dinner, cleaning supplies (I have a great love and trust for F10), and a nice bathing spray for itchy birds.

I think you were right to baulk at 300$ for someone not even certified!

He looks happy and healthy enough. I don't think he'd be towel wrestling if he wasn't.

Is he totally cage free? Even overnight?
    A big cage sounds great. I know they take up more room, but long and square are better than tall and skinny too. Most birds come to love their cages - cause that's where all their best toys normally live. They'll still resent going in and have to be bribed (my little guy), but still love them

Zeus looks so good. Even when he's all soggy it's hard to see the patches... although i spot a couple of missing tail feathers. Poor guy, I bet he makes some weird noises flying with those gaps lol

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    James Calvin
    Thanks

yeah he is totally cage free right now he loves it as far as I can tell we dont have the money at the moment to get a cage so we gave him the whole cabin to roam but he doesnt go anywhere farther than the arm of the couch unless leeanne is home and he wants to get his head ... preened?... i cant seem to do it and i dont want to hurt him if i do it wrong so that kinda kills a bonding moment i can have with him. and the weird noise when fllying he cant fly that high or far becuase we live in a small 16x20 dry cabin the living room is maybe 8' for about 10' an then the dining/dog area starts and it doesnt take him very long to flap 10 or 15 feet. but im concerned more now about him since yesterday i dont think he is eating his food his poop has turned into water and has this little yellow and white pellet shaped poop in center of it we just changed his food to a healthier brand but it was just the pellets so i started soaking them in this organic juice to see if them being softer and more fllavorful will help him eat it i worried somethings serious might happen one day and we will be screwed with the lalck of an actuall avian vet. I know iI would but i wouldnt want to go to some vet who isnt avian certified to charge me out the *** to tell me the bird is sick when i went there becuase i knew the bird was sick. so we are trying everything we can to make sure he doesnt get sick

Remove Ads