Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Hybrid View

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Looking for Organic Millet Spray onine supply source....

Hi, I use to buy millet spray from Dr. Fosters & Smith. But they ship loose in a box and it is shipped UPS and the box isn't even sealed good, so the box is delivered dirty. So I don't like getting the millet from them. I know pet stores (most of them have closed here now) sell bulk loose in the box too. I don't mean to pick on them, but why can't they at least double box the item to keep it clean? Where do you buy your millet sprays?

Does anyone get their millet spray packaged in plastic, or organic? I really miss the two bird stores that closed. I don't like Petco or Petsmart, they sell Kaytee in a small bag. Don't think that is really fresh and it isn't organic. I don't think I have ever seen organic millet spray. I did buy organic millet (health food store) but Peaches won't eat it unless it is on a spray millet (go figure).

Next has anyone ever grown their own millet spray? I did accidentally many years ago when I put my birds old millet sprays outside for the wild birds. But that hasn't happened since.

Thanks for any info.

Baby
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Re: Looking for Organic Millet Spray onine supply source....

You could check the ads in Birdtalk magazine. They have many ads on where to shop for your bird.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I found you some, http://www.windycityparrot.com/Higgi...ag_p_1386.html I dont think the stores near me sell Organic millet but I will check for you next time I go down there and let you know. I did the same thing you did, threw out old millet sprays and some of them grew but since it was growing wild outside I never gave it to boomer because I fertilized the flower bed where it was growing before I knew millet was in there.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Hi Deanna, I found that windycity millet spray a few minutes ago too! I have never ordered from them, had you before? If I can't, or you can't, find any other I will give that a try. Thanks.

I also did not feed Peaches the home grown millet because it was outside and probably have sprays (weed killer) from previous home owner, so I did not feed it to my pet.

I want to grow it inside my home, but light is not strong enough. I am trying (as of today) to sprout my very old Dr. Fosters millet spray to see if it is even fresh and able to grow. Since I need to order more Featherbrite lights maybe I will order some for the living room to grow millet! My millet spray always said "fresh" never organic so I would rather get organic. He gets Trader Joe's organic veges for many years now, so I am trying to get only organic

Thanks for your help

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I never ordered from them but I have heard there name before so I am sure some of my friends ordered things from them. Maybe you can just buy Peachy a small bag of it to try it so if its good then you can get lots of it from them.

I eat most things that are organic because we have lots of choices where I live because we are close to the "hippie town" of Grass Valley where you can find anything and everything to do with natural things. Even my tiny store down the road sells awesome grass fed organic beef and it is the same price of regular beef with all those nasty hormones in it.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.