where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Code red

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Dave
    Thanks

Code red

although you were not the pet of choice. you were still a pet, a living thing (animal) you were a fish. i love looking at you everyday untill the one year mark hit, ma told me not to look so she put a towel ontop of your bowl. but i was curious i didnt want to flush you like a regular fish. you were my special fish my first pet.so i took you down to the creek and dug a hole and burried you.. to this day you still lay there. that was almost 5-7 years ago and i will miss you and never forget your white body with a red dot on your forhead the reason why i called you code red.
    Sleep is only the cousin of death, so watch ya every step.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Code red

I like fish too and cry whenever one of ours dies that we have had for awhile. My daughter has two goldfish that are a year and half old and I know when they die I will cry and miss them like crazy. Even thought they cant talk they do seem to really enjoy it when we come up to the tank to look at them.

Sorry for you loss of Code Red and I am happy you buried him and still can go visit his grave now and then.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

So sorry for the loss of your beloved fish, "Code Red". Pets are pets. We get very attached to them. I don't think it matters what kind of pet we have, our hearts "bond" with that pet, and when it passes/dies, we do feel sad. A few years ago I had a 10 gallon aquarium, and when I purchased my fish, I got a "bottom eater", to keep the gravel clean. I named him "Buddy", and he was the "entertainer" of the aquarium. He would dig himself under the gravel, and would basically live there, coming out every once in awhile, and swimming all over the aquarium, up and down the glass sides, and over the decorations. The other fish would respond as if to say " now Buddy, what ARE you doing?" It was very unexpected for me to find Buddy one morning, lifeless in his favorite place to "entertain" and "enjoy" his life. I also cried and I wrapped him in a paper towel, put him in a little plastic container and buried him in my back yard.

No matter the pet, we keep those precious memories tucked close to our heart. Thank you for sharing your story about Code Red.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Dave
    Thanks

thanks both of you it was a while ago that happened im 14 now with a male/female blue parakeet. and i love him so much, and Code Red was my first pet Gunny (parakeet) is my 2nd thank you both.

Baby
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

It is normal to feel as you do if you lose a pet that you like and care about.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I'm happy to hear you have a parakeet. I have homed parakeets for years and years. They are such a sweet and happy bird. Right now I have a parakeet named Muffin, and a cockatiel named Ollie! It is great that you decided to replace your pet. And you chose a great "partner". Gunny and you will always be "best friends"!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Dave
    Thanks

haha ya. my girlfriend says because she has a cat that is like her daughter she says "when we get married and a house gunny can have the closet and lock the door ok?" haha i just say sure haha its funny tough her cat's name is Rodeo and it is an awsome black cat with a white face and block nose XD