Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Scareca
    Thanks

Arden: Feb's 3D Ultrasound Pics

Here she is hiding her face. She hides a lot. For anyone unacquainted with 3D ultrasounds, they tend to have a lumpy appearance and the 'cloud' shrouding the side of her face is placenta. But what an image! It is like being right in there with her. I feel like I know her already.

Here she is yawning at her fist. Her eyes weren't open yet when these were taken last month, at around 23 weeks, but it didn't stop her from exploring and playing the whole time. She got the hiccups, yawned, chased her foot and stuck her tongue out at us.

She is upside-down now, so the bulk of her hard kicks are aimed straight at my ribs. I love it, except she wakes up every night at about 11:30 or midnight and beats me up for three hours while I try to sleep. I attempt to convince her to wake up and move all day long, to no avail. But I am so glad she is healthy -- and giving me trouble sleeping already.

I love her so much. I can't wait to see her. Just wanted to share
    Tailfeathers Superstar

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: Arden: Feb's 3D Ultrasound Pics

Thanks for sharing

Now that your issues are over with the control freak apartment manager, you really have something to look forward to.. Your beautiful Arden Reese. I'm so happy for you

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Awww! Thanks so much for sharing the ultrasound of little Arden Reese with us! She is simply "perfect" and "adorable". As I sit writing this I have tears running down my face. Isn't God the most awesome creator???? I have 4 beautiful granddaughters. There ages are 23, 20, 8 and 7. When each one of them was born, I stood looking through the nursery window. And tears were streaming down my face for every one of them. You have truly touched my heart today, Scareca, and I can only imagine the joy you have in your own heart, and the excitement you feel, knowing that soon you will be holding her in your arms. May God be with you both during the next few weeks as you carry her to term, and also through the delivery. I look forward to hearing more about Arden Reese in the future. God Bless you both!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Arden is beautiful and I just cant believe how good the 3D pictures work and show such amazing details. Just like Ellen just said God is a awesome person who creates such amazing things for us to love and enjoy. To feel a tiny baby inside you is such a amazing thing, do take care of your self and thanks for posting the pictures of Arden for us.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Wow, those are some great images. I always have trouble seeing a baby in regular ultrasounds, but the 3D ones look great. Hope your pregnancy goes easier now that the crazy manager is not in the picture.

Moderator Tailfeather Community Moderator notredamebird's Avatar
    Name
    Danielle
    Thanks

Very cool pictures! I am amazed that they can do 3D pictures. Also, that during my second trimester check, the ultrasound tech took photos of all sorts of body systems, etc. so that they could check for any issues. I didn't realize, prior to being pregnant, that they could see so much on the scans!

Its amazing to see that there's really somebody in there (not just all the ice cream and indian food I've been eating)!
    Atrus---Wesley---Tolkien
    Catherine---Lúthien---Elwing---Tipti

Name
    Scareca
    Thanks

Thank you guys so much for adoring her along with me. I am amazed by this whole process. After all of the trouble we had, I am overwhelmed by this **great** success -- I look at her and I think she is the best baby we could possibly have had. I know I would have loved the baby we lost 4 months before we conceived her, but the idea that she would not have existed had that one survived is one I find unpalatable. I can already see both of us in her little face!

This afternoon I was lying on the couch with my belly at an angle that forced her feet up into my right rib, and I watched this huge ripple squeegee back and forth across my abdomen a couple of times. She looked like she was trying to escape.

She responds to Joe's voice more readily than she does mine -- maybe because she hears mine all day? His voice wakes her up and really gets her excited, but whenever he tries to feel her move she quits! He can sit and watch her throw a stomping party in there, and the moment he touches my belly she stops. I am going on 28 weeks and he has felt her move on exactly two occasions. We joke that she is already non-compliant
    Tailfeathers Superstar

Name
    Scareca
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by notredamebird View Post
    Very cool pictures! I am amazed that they can do 3D pictures. Also, that during my second trimester check, the ultrasound tech took photos of all sorts of body systems, etc. so that they could check for any issues. I didn't realize, prior to being pregnant, that they could see so much on the scans!
    There is only one 3D ultrasound machine in the city where I live, and it is as closely guarded of a 'secret' as something like high quality medical equipment can be. I only found out about it because I told the RN at my prenatal wellness center that I wished I had an excuse to get a 3D ultrasound. I was surprised when she said I didn't need a reason at all; I could just go to the new medical center where they had the machine.

Then she said I ought to wait just a little bit longer, like maybe 22 or 23 weeks, because then our baby's face would have a little more fat and all the proportions it will have after she is born. So I waited the extra time -- and those 3 weeks felt like an eternity! -- and when I went to schedule my ultrasound the receptionist said "Well, yeah, they do have a 3D machine but there's no guarantee you'll get it. Lots of people want it and there's only one."

And I was like "No! I WAITED!" Then I relented and said we should just schedule it there anyway and hope I'd get the 3D machine -- and when the scan started, they were using the 2D wand. I figured 'oh well, she is lovely anyway. I can see she's healthy and I can make out what her body is shaped like' . . . but then the tech switched wands, and suddenly I was looking her right in the face. She stuck her tongue out at us.

They gave me a disc, too, with video clips. I was excited to show my mom what Joe and I had seen, but when I got it home I discovered there were only 2 or 3 two-second clips on it. Just when you get drawn into the magic in real time, the clips end. If we do this again I will bring my own disc. I met a woman in line at the store who brought her own DVD-RW to her appointment and they recorded the whole thing for her. I would certainly have that done next time if there is one.
    Tailfeathers Superstar

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing your excitement. I'm so sorry you lost your first baby. It was wonderful you could conceive again in such little time. As you know, God's "blueprints" are so unique, each baby has its very own blueprint, just like a snowflake. Technology is fantastic is it not? To think they do ultra sound in 3D now. It would really be neat to have a 3D HDTV, with a big screen to play that DVD back.

I truly believe that babies in the womb know us well by the time they are born. They can hear everything that happens outside the womb. My son loved music (and he still says music was his first love . . . . he is now 45 years old, and is a fantastic musician) when he was in the womb. And he was moving all over the place when I was running the vacuum sweeper or the hand food mixer I used for preparing cake batter. It also seemed that he didn't have much sleep in the womb. He always was "moving", and most of his action was in my lower back area. He still doesn't require alot of sleep each night. And he runs the 1/2 Marathon each year.

And I'm very sure that Arden Reese absolutely "knows" her Daddy's voice. As they say, "Little Girls wrap their hearts around Daddy's heart strings", and are ALWAYS the apple of their Daddy's eye! And I'm also very sure she is responding to your daily routine by all of the moves, etc. she is doing right now.

Wishing you the very best as time moves closer to your delivery. Please keep us posted, and let us know how everything goes when Arden Reese arrives into this big wide world of ours!

Name
    Scareca
    Thanks

Just a bump to notify those members who have subscribed to this thread that I have posted a few of Arden's baby pictures in a new thread called "Here is Arden" <3
    Tailfeathers Superstar

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Jason Grover
    Thanks

Hey please suggest some high torque tires and with good suspension .Is there any universal parts availabale for the club vars

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Jason Grover
    Thanks

3D Ultrasound with less price either new or used one .Please send me the link of some website with good offer.I need more frequency ultrasound with lesser size

-----------------------

club car parts
    Last edited by jasongrover; 11-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.