Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Re: I got my baby today!

My third granddaughter's middle name is "Gabrielle". I always have loved that name! Never imagined I'd have four granddaughters. Their ages are 23-21-8 and 7! Yes, 13 years between the first two and second two. Same mom and dad (my son), and all of those girls are just like 4 peas in a pod!

I also am looking forward to knowing if Chauncey is a boy. Early on when you got him, and we were comparing Gabby and Chauncey, I thought Chauncey was the boy. Soon we will know!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Please let us know the results to Chauncey's gender. I hope for your sake he is a boy!! A mighty handsome one too!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

@Ellen, I'm surprised at how many people are named Gabrielle or Gabriella around me. LOL After I named Gabriella, I realized that 2 of my tenants have daughters named Gabriella. And I thought I had selected a unique name.

@Ellen & Carolyn, I keep looking for the DNA results. They haven't come in yet. I'm so excited to see if we are all correct on our guess that Chauncey is a boy. Should be any time next week...
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Gabby Renee and Chauncey will celebrate their 2nd birthdays in March!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

There are some very unique names out there these days. On occasion, I surf on over to the local hospital website, and visit the "nursery". Every generation seems to find a way to create all of these new names for their children. And also, I LOVE to read the unique names that caregivers give their birds. Hopefully, the DNA test will be here next week!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I just took some photos of Chauncey playing with his dolly and his favorite toy - a string of those plastic bird balls stuffed with Easter basket grass.

Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Awwww!! Precious! Your camera is awesome, the colors are super, and little Chauncey is a real "handsome" and beautiful "Indian Ring Neck" (did I get that right? (lol) That "red eye" of his is shining bright, and his yellow coloring is fab!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Awwww!! Precious! Your camera is awesome, the colors are super, and little Chauncey is a real "handsome" and beautiful "Indian Ring Neck" (did I get that right? (lol) That "red eye" of his is shining bright, and his yellow coloring is fab!
    Yep! You got it right
    From the comments you guys are making, looks like we're all hoping he's a boy. Oh well. I love Chauncey no matter what. I am soooo glad I got him back!

And, my 'camera' is a HTC Evo 4g cell phone. It has an 8 megapixel camera, which is one of the reasons I bought it. The newer HTC phones have only a 5 megapixel camera. I don't know why they downgraded the newer models. Weird.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Chauncey is so handsome and I just love his toy bird he has, it matches him. Your cell phone takes amazing photos!!
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Just found out!! CHAUNCEY IS A BOY!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you . . . now you have the pair . . . . . . . . do you see any "Indian Ring Neck babies" in the "tea leaves"????????

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm soooooooo happy for you . . . now you have the pair . . . . . . . . do you see any "Indian Ring Neck babies" in the "tea leaves"????????
    Thank you! Regarding the tea leaves question - I hope not!! LOL
    But, if it happens, it happens. And they're far too young to be thinking like that now anyway, thank goodness. And besides, my baby Chauncey loves me right now. And Gabby's being stand-offish to everyone. She's a little diva. I should probably call Toddlers & Tiaras to see if she can compete with all those other little baby-divas.

Oh, thought you'd like to know that I gave Gabby a middle name. Her name now is Gabriella Renee.
    Last edited by DesertDweller; 05-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

What great news to share!! When you posted about his weight, I had a feeling he would be a male. I'm so happy for you

Only seen the previews for Toddlers & Tiara's but never watched it.. But with your flock, you would win each competition.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I LOVE Gabby's middle name! Personally I think Gabby would win the Toddler's and Tiaras contest, "wing flaps down"!! (lol)

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Hahaha! I think Gabby would win, too. LOL!
    By the way, I was able to capture Gabby making deliberate sounds this morning. Finally, she's not just doing the baby crying thing. This is the first step before trying to talk, so I thought I'd share the video with you. The video is very shaky and of poor quality, but it's the best I could do without interrupting her 'gabbing' to herself. And, what's important is the audio, not the video in this recording.

http://youtu.be/Ek6FffKSTuo

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Here are a couple more videos.

Chauncey's learning to eat by himself. He loves Bird Street Bistro cooked food for parrots:
    http://youtu.be/eWN0DHBgTeQ

And here's a fun one. Gabby the expert bather and Chauncey trying his best to figure out how to take a bath:
    http://youtu.be/RwLccDLisoY

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Too cute, Pat. I look at those two little sweet babies, and how fast they are growing, and it reminds me of my son when he was first born, and how fast the twenty years he was with me went. Gabby and Chauncey make a "perfect pair". I'll bet they would have "stunning" chicks! Thanks for keeping us in the loop with them. Check out my Bird-thday thread!! The Part-ay has all been planned!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so happy Chauncey is a boy!! I think we all thought he was a boy and it turned out we were all right. Gabby is just so little and dainty compared to him. I love the videos and I sure can hear Gabby trying to talk in the one and I think it is so cute how Chauncey really tries to take a bath but just hasnt figured it out yet.

Ellen I am happy we have our kids longer then we have our fids because fids grow up way too fast. My daughter is 20 now and she is still at home with us. I think when she moves out I will be one sad Mom but I guess all our kids and fids grow up one day.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Yep, we were all right on the money about Chauncey. I wonder what color the babies would be if they decided to have a family...

And, regarding my own kids, my youngest is almost 39 and guess where she - and her son - live? With me - STILL! I never had the chance to enjoy empty nest. And I was looking forward to it, LOL. But I never want to experience empty nest ever again with my birds.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Pat,
    Your video's of Chauncey and Gabby bathing and Chauncey enjoying his bird street bistro are priceless. Thanks for sharing them. Chauncey sure did come a long way..

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    Pat,
    Your video's of Chauncey and Gabby bathing and Chauncey enjoying his bird street bistro are priceless. Thanks for sharing them. Chauncey sure did come a long way..
    Thanks Carolyn. He is the cuddliest baby bird! He loves to get kissies and hugs. Gabby the diva is a little standoffish, but last night she wanted cuddling before she went to bed. LOL

Did you see the video in the post above the 2 you mentioned? The one where Gabby is 'talking' to herself? The video is shaky and dark but the most important thing about it is the audio.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am forever telling my daughter to get a better job and move out because being young and out on your own is something I loved, it was the best years of my life. We got into a fight the other day because she told me she was going to vacation this summer and I told her she was working. It got mean and she cried and took off for a walk to cool down. It was getting dark here and since we live in the mountains where bears and mountain lions live I sort of freaked out. I told my hubby to ride his motorcycle around and find her because I didnt want her to be mountain lion bait. Both him and Carissa got a good laugh about it because here I am telling her to work and move out one minute and the next I am freaking out because my baby might get hurt outside. Guess I really am not ready for her to sprout her wings and move after all... Being a mom to a bird or a child is hard to do because no matter what you want to make sure they are always OK and beside you just so that you can make sure they are not hurt or in danger. It least I can breath a little easier then all of you because my only worry is my daughter and not birds anymore. I loved my pets, especially boomer almost as much as I love my daughter and because of my love for them I tried to always be home with them. This is why now I am loving my freedom and we are able to do what we want, when we want. This is also why I love tailfeathers because I still get to have birds in my life and we do have lots of special birds in this site to love and adore.

Pat I am sure you dont mind your daughter being with you and I bet she also loves being with you. I know there are times when I want my daughter to be out but deep inside I know the day she does move out it will be a very sad day for me.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Thanks Carolyn. He is the cuddliest baby bird! He loves to get kissies and hugs. Gabby the diva is a little standoffish, but last night she wanted cuddling before she went to bed. LOL

Did you see the video in the post above the 2 you mentioned? The one where Gabby is 'talking' to herself? The video is shaky and dark but the most important thing about it is the audio.
    I most certainly did. I visit this thread often knowing that it will guarantee a smile on my face. When Gabby was chanting to herself, I was thinking of Chatty Gabby instead of Chatty Kathy..

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

@Deanna, I fully understand where you are coming from when it comes to the safety of your daughter. In the 21st Century, you are doing exactly what you need to insure her safety, and most of all you and your husband are giving her parental love!
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-23-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I have a BOYFRIEND! Hahaha!
    Little precious Chauncey, the guy I was not going to keep, remember? I'm SOOO glad I brought him back home.
    He's a cuddly boyfriend to me now, hee hee hee. He flies onto my chair and waits for me to sit down with him. He learned how to make kissie sounds. It sounds more like a growl, but it's a start - so cute!

My life is so much happier with these birds in my home. I had been seriously depressed for 12 years due to the pain from my neck injury. But now the depression is GONE! I wish everyone could indulge in their passion like I am today.

And, it's so fabulous that you folks are sharing the joy of watching these babies grow up! So happy to have you as friends!!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Better watch out because one of us might find out where you live and we will steal your boyfriend, he sounds like quite the catch OK since we all our nice girls we wouldnt really steal him but perhaps we would come to visit and let him shower us with kisses too, sharing is OK isnt it?

I am so happy you didnt give him up and kept him because without you in his life he wouldnt be living the great bird life he is with you. After all the crying and screaming he truly became a great bird who loves you.