Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Re: I got my baby today!

Yep, he sure is turning out to be a wonderful bird. I'm so happy with him. And glad he turned out to be a boy.

Yes, I love sharing my birds!
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Gabby Renee and Chauncey will celebrate their 2nd birthdays in March!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Well there sure couldn't be a "better caregiver/person" to have a new "birdyboyfriend" than you, Pat! I'm also very happy that we all have become friends. I would take my "angel wings" and fly right out to California with Ollie an Muffin, and we all could have a PAR-TAY at your house! Nothing like inviting yourself, right?? (lol) And Deanna and Carolyn could join us!! All of us need something in our life that is rewarding, a passion, and gives us joy each and everyday. And I don't think there is anything that compares to our precious little birdy pals! I'm so very happy for you that your depression is GONE! That is wonderful! Has Chauncey let you know when and where his "first date" with you will be?? I'll bet he will wear his "tux" to impress you!! (lol) Sending you a BIG HUG!! Have a great Memorial Day Week-end! And remember . . . . we are only about 8 days until the big Bird-thday PAR-TAY at my virtual home! Looking forward to that very interesting and fun time for all of us. And by the way, we will just plan on beginning the party about 10:00 California Time! Deanna, please join us that morning. Karen in New Zealand, please join us whenever you can that day because the posts we make will be here for you to read in case you don't get here right at starting time! And Carolyn, you and Tango can join us too!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Hahaha! First date? Too funny! He's practicing for the big Par-Tay. He and Gabby are real good at calling for food. I wonder if they can do that instead of singing Happy Bird-thday since they're so good at it.
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Of course they can!! We will have enough "virtual food" to feed the entire forum!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

At 2 months and 2 days old, Chauncey said his first word!! He was sitting on my shoulder saying 'baby'
    I'm so excited!!!
    So Ellen, maybe he'll be able to sing 'happy bird-thday' after all!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Aaahh Chauncey already spoke his first word and for it to be Baby is just too sweet. He really turned out to be truly a precious little bird and I am so happy for you. I love that having birds has cheered you up and you dont have depression anymore. Birds are the best pets ever! I am the closest one to you but sadly I just dont go to Southern California much at all. I only went once to go to Disneyland and I am born and raised here. Where do you live Pat? You can PM me to tell me just so I know because who knows we may go down there sometime and I think even John would stop with me to see your flock.

I am stoked I can go to the Bird-thday party and since it is at 10:00 my time I will be there because I dont usually leave here until 11:00 at he earliest because my hubby usually has things to do Sat. morning. I am excited and hope nothing gets in my way of going to the party. We are getting our outdoor fix we need this weekend and started it off yesterday with going to Reno over night last night. It snowed over the summit that separates my house from Reno so it was a long drive home over a snowy road today to get back home. The next three days are full of good outdoor fun because the sun will come out tomorrow and by Monday they say it will be 85 in the valley below us so we are going to my Dad's houseboat on Monday down in the valley to enjoy the sun and warmth. Its funny from massive snowflakes to sweet warm sun in a matter of days and all within 60 miles from my house. Life is good!
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Have fun this weekend! It's 55 degrees here in the desert. Wind is blowing hard after a month of 3 digit temperatures. Our weather is ever-changing.
    Yes, it's so cool that Chauncey has started talking. He's in the whispering stage of forming his words but he's working hard at it. I love that I have this thread as a journal of their progress from babyhood to big fids!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Well, I must say "Master Chauncey" is already a "genius" at 2 months of age! Now for sure, he knows how special HE is, and is showing you his complete LOVE and DEVOTION, by beginning to speak at such a young age. That is sooooooooooooooo neat!!

My little budgie, Muffin, got an early bird-thday present yesterday. He was sitting in his food cup all of the time so he could watch every move that Ollie the tiel makes. So I put another perch in his cage and hung a new mirror and today Muffin got himself a new "girlfriend". Her name is "Pearl". He is "over the moon with his new "mirror girlfriend"!! (lol) Sure hope they get along well and don't have a birdy breakup!!

@ Deanna, It sounds like you are living in the most beautiful part of the USA!! Wow, snow one day, and 60 miles later, "sunshine". I took a train trip years ago from Chicago to Seattle, and then rented a car to Vancouver. The scenery, mountains, folage, birds, animals, and tall, tall trees in the forest were breathtaking. GOD lives there, for sure! Happy to hear you will be able to attend the birthday party.

@ Pat, I will definitely be calling on Chauncey to lead us in the "baby" bird-thday song for the PAR-TAY!

Happy Memorial Weekend to ALL!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Perhaps Misty and Chauncey could do a duet of Happy Bird-thday? And Kahnee could be the dancer!!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

And Tango could beat the drum with his "beak"!! (since he likes to hammer away anyhow)

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Sounds like a terrific talent lineup for the big day!!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Pat, Hope all is going well with you and your little flock!! Only two days until the PAR-TAY! Planning on Misty being the emcee for the talent show, and all the rest performing for us!! How's little Rosie doing?? Bill from California has expressed interest, so I've invited him and his little pals, and also Deanna is considering bringing a couple of "virtual friends of Boomer". Catch my Bird-thday thread tomorrow evening, and you will find the itinerary for the party!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

We're all set to PAR-TAY! I've been busy and haven't gotten any recent updates on the babies. Will do soon!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Check out my bird-th-day thread tomorrow about 3:00 p.m. or after, California time, 6:00 p.m., Michigan time, and you can find the itinerary for Saturday. Everything you suggested for your little ones in the talent show is "perfect". Ollie and Muffin are all practiced up for their part in the talent show, and I understand that Tango is also ready to perform.

I know you will give us updates of the babies when you get a chance. I'm just so happy you got Rosie for Riley's friend and partner!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Just one update for the babies: They both HATED going to their cages after they learned to fly. They'd sit all day on top of the cages near the bay window but would not go to their own cages until they were super-tired. I found out why and now they're happy.

I had put large boing perches in each of their cages. They are the only birds who hated the boings. So, I put regular booda perches in and they LOVE using their cages now. Go figure!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I have also found that my birds have certain things they don't like, are afraid of, or don't want anything to do with. Muffin only wants to be covered with anything white. No colors for him. He also does not like any bright yellow things. I have a 1 cup yellow measuring cup that I use for their food. Muffin will not allow that cup in his cage. He goes into a flying frenzie.

In reality, birds are not that much different than humans. We have our o.k. "stuff" and not o.k. "stuff" too! Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out what my two don't like, but their actions speak much louder than words.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Even big boy Mango is afraid of things I make him for his cage and he refuses to go back in it until the scary thing is out of there. Boomer was a chicken butt and if we ever wanted anything in his cage that was new we would need to do it slowly by putting the scary thing far away and slowly moving it towards his cage a day at a time.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I love the way this thread turned out! I have a feeling that lots of new bird owners would love to watch babies develop, and with the photos, videos and TWO babies with different personalities featured, PLUS all the fabulous sharing of you people should give new bird owners lots of good tips. I have learned a LOT from everyone responding here. Thank you all very much for participating! I never dreamed that it would turn out to be such a good resource as it has.

I'm going to save this thread to my files as a good reference journal.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I adore baby pictures, out of all the posts I look at the baby ones are the ones that put a instant smile on my face. But then all birds make me smile because birds are Gods special little animals that deserve to be loved and spoiled.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Tango is afraid of his play area on the top of his cage. The minute I put him up there, he flies right off and does a tour throughout the whole house. One thing my little guy is not afraid of is my jewelry. He already destroyed a pair of earrings and he also likes to pull the stem on my watch. I doesn't matter to me... I just love him to bits and pieces.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

We need to see more pictures of Tango, he is so cute and I think I only seen his pictures right when you got him.

Name
    Richard
    Thanks

Congratulations! I love Ring Neck Parakeets! Your baby is going to be an amazing bird!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks, Richard. They are turning out to be quite the characters. I had only planned on getting one blue one but I fell in love with the lutino too. So, I have a blue female and a lutino male, both the same age!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Update No photos

Finally! Gabby learned how to put herself to bed. YAY! She hated going to bed before, so I took out the boing perch and she's a lot happier. And, last night she went to bed all by herself. Only one minor problem - she went into Chauncey's house, LOL! That was okay, though. Chauncey slept in Gabby's house

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Awesome!!