Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: I got my baby today!

That's funny!! Gabby and Chauncey are still young, in time they will know which home belongs to them.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Gabby is still putting herself to bed like a good girl. But my boyfriend Chauncey wants me to put him to bed, LOL. And, he fusses until I take him out for the day, whereas Gabby Renee comes out on her own. It's too funny!
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Gabby Renee and Chauncey will celebrate their 2nd birthdays in March!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Chauncey is a spoiled boy Pat, but it least he also is a charmer so its OK because I am sure you love to put him to sleep with a big kiss and squeeze.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I sure do, Deanna. Right now Gabby Renee is practicing with different sounds and I hear some whistles that sound like she's trying to imitate Misty whistling the Andy Griffith theme. She's also practicing with kissie sounds. It's so exciting to see these babies develop. Only 3 months old and they're just moving right along!
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Gabby sounds like she is a little go getter to me and I cant wait for you to record her once she gets the Andy Griffith song down and can whistle it with Misty.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Pat, I just love reading about Gabby and Chauncey. I can't believe it's been 3 months already. I can see Kahnee dancing and interrupting Gabby while whistling the Andy Griffith theme song.. Tango is now wolf whistling and imitating my neighbors barking beagle.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Oh that's funny! So Carolyn, it seems now you have a hybrid bird/dog. LOL

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hi! Pat, Personally, I'll take a "birdy" boy friend any ole day. Forget about the human ones!! () That is too funny! And I love Gabby's middle name. I don't remember reading the Renee, but I could have missed it. Aren't you happy you decided to go back and get Chauncey. He KNOWS how much you love him!! It does seem impossible that 3 months have already passed since you first started this thread. And how are the Riley and Rosey doing?? Hope you'll give us an update on them one of these days soon. I'm so happy that Misty is doing fine after the scare with the toy that was in her cage.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDweller View Post
    Oh that's funny! So Carolyn, it seems now you have a hybrid bird/dog. LOL
    LOL!!! Never thought about that way. I was also thinking of Tango as a stereo speakers.. Both a woofer and tweeter.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pipers Mom View Post
    LOL!!! Never thought about that way. I was also thinking of Tango as a stereo speakers.. Both a woofer and tweeter.
    That's even FUNNIER!!! ROFLMAO!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Just thought I'd post an update on my babies. I'll try to make a video if I can, but right now Gabriella Renee is too shy to let me take her picture, let alone do a video .

Gabby is now nearly 6 months old and is starting to talk!! She says 'what you do' and 'what you do do'. She's also whistling a few notes of the Andy Griffith theme, LOL. Chauncey is getting to be quite the cuddle-bunny. He has to sit with me most of the day and be cuddled and tickled. He also MUST have some of everything I eat. I love seeing his beak smeared with mashed potatoes . Gabby is still very shy, but I let her just do her own thing. She still puts herself to bed around 7pm and closes the door behind her. Chauncey still wants me to put him 'baby-bed'.

I'm so happy I got these 2 little tykes. They get along fabulously with all the other birds, too. So, that's my latest update on my babies' progress .

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hi, Pat! Awwww. . . . thanks so much for the update. It seems impossible that it has been almost six months since you got Gabby. I remember that "sweet" picture you posted of her. And now she is talking! And she is dedicating her special "musical skills" to Andy Griffth!! Couldn't be a better song to whistle in my opinion. I LOVE that!! And I think it is very special that she is a little shy sweetheart. Goes to show you there are some shy little females, for sure. And to think she can put herself to bed and close the door behind her????? That is amazing. And Chauncey is also talking, and loves to cuddle. I would say it is very unique that he has to have something of everything you eat. That is too cute!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Pat, you really need to post a pic of Chauncey and the mashed potatoes around his beak. It's so funny that Gabby puts herself to bed and Chauncey still likes to be put to bed by you. You have two very unique personalities. I can't believe it's been six months already..
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Baby
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Gabby is darling. They look so cute and sweet at that age. The feet will fit in with the body as Gabby grows.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks all for the nice comments! I just got a new camera, so once I learn how to use it I hope to post some better photos. My daughter bought the camera for her college course in photography. But she decided to drop the class since she's got a lot on her plate these days. She was going to return the camera but I said I'd buy it from her. I love photography. We'll see if I can get the hang of this contraption .

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Now that they're a year old, I thought I'd share on this thread the picture of the 4 big birds on Gabby and Chauncey's bird-thday present. Gabby's sitting on the black feed cup, Kahnee's holding on to Gabby's feed cup, Chauncey is to the right, and Misty is on the left:

Here's another one of the same view:

Baby
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Yes, his fet are huge in comparision to hi size. The bird is very young now and only partl grown. That bird will be beautiful a his species is when grown. He has a likable expresion on his face.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Birdmanca View Post
    Yes, his fet are huge in comparision to hi size. The bird is very young now and only partl grown. That bird will be beautiful a his species is when grown. He has a likable expresion on his face.
    Hi Bill, sounds like you're describing the sun conure? Or are you referring to one of the IRN's?
    They are all so much fun! It was great watching them grow up. I hand-fed all of them from the time they were barely starting to show signs of feather growth. This thread shows the journey of the IRN's from infancy to 1 year old. I love sharing their progress

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

I love your set up Pat. From looking at the photo's, Kahnee still seems like the big brother watching over the "not so little one's" anymore. You have some real beauties.. So I guess this makes you Bird Mom of the Year for the 2nd year in a row
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Great set-up, Pat!! It seems impossible that all of your fids are a year old already! Gabby and Chauncey sure have grown up fast. I never expected Gabby would be as big as she is!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Great set-up, Pat!! It seems impossible that all of your fids are a year old already! Gabby and Chauncey sure have grown up fast. I never expected Gabby would be as big as she is!
    Hi Ellen, glad you like the setup. They do, too. Oh, I finally got a quick video of Gabby playing in her dollhouse - the big tent in the background that's filled with stuffed animals. I'll try to get it posted soon. It's not the best quality since I caught her in the act, but it's funny.