Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Kristina
    Thanks

Unhappy moving to aus/not allowed to take my senegal

I have plans to move to Australia in the fall and have done all the research in the world about bringing my Senegal across the border only to find that I cant bring her with. This is devastating to me as I have raised mimi since she was a baby. She has been with me through thick and thin and it pains me to have to let her go. Mimi was born in 98'. Ive been her only owner since then. She is a very cuddly bird who loves to go places. If I want to take her I just put her in my sleeve and she stays there until we arrive. Shes of course got her little birdy attitude and she doesnt like men. She likes most women, although she has chosen to place some women in the not like category. Shes a very unpicky eater and loves all types of pellets, seeds, most types of fruits, loves breads/crackers/cereals and some veggies. At this moment she doesnt like other animals. I have a cat who she tries to attack. I have a feeling she would be the same way with other birds. Its my hope that I can find her a new home with an avid bird lover who understands her attitude and knows how to cuddle and shower her with love. Id be willing to travel with her to another state if it meant knowing she would be happy in a home. Id love to get pics and updates. Anyone who has made that bond with a bird knows how hard this must be for me. I can answer any questions that you may have about meemers..just let me know.

Name
    Kimberly
    Thanks

Re: moving to aus/not allowed to take my senegal

Do you know for sure that she is a female? And would her cage and toys be coming with her?
    In loving memory of Mattie the...

Name
    Scareca
    Thanks

I am so, so sorry this is happening to you two. What a sad thing. Are you moving permanently or just temporarily relocating? If you can't find anyone here to take her maybe you can contact the PEAC. IDK which you're closest to, but if they have an opening at least you'll know whoever brings her home will be thoroughly educated and checked in upon.
    Tailfeathers Superstar

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

I am so sorry you have to rehome your baby. Good luck finding her that perfect forever home.

Name
    Kristina
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kab6193 View Post
    Do you know for sure that she is a female? And would her cage and toys be coming with her?
    I dont know for sure if shes female. Ive never had her tested though it may be something to consider now that I need to find her a home. Knowing my luck the bird Ive owned and loved as a female is probably a male lol!! She does come with all her supplies. Her cage could use an upgrade but it will do fine, she has an acrylic transport cage and lots of different perches and toys.

Name
    Kristina
    Thanks

Just giving an update that Im still looking. I found a home for her temporarily but the lady didnt like that she was so vocal. To any new potential owner this is probably something your gonna have to be okay with. Some people are a little better at droning out the noise then others. The owner did however inform me that she is the most lovable cuddly bird and bonds really nicely really quick. She did say that mimi didnt like her toddler son though

Name
    Adam
    Thanks

'm not sure if you found a home i know I'm far away but i would love to adopt him from you... i currently have a Meyers parrot and i love him but i have always wanted a Senegal parrot. Would cage and toys come with her? i would love to help!

let me know or send me a message!

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Jasmine
    Thanks

Ugh, if I had any room at all for an extra bird and I didn't have a cockatiel, I would want to adopt her...I live in Bellevue! You could try putting a craigslist ad up. I wish you the best of luck in finding a good home for her!

Name
    Adam
    Thanks

id be more than happy to help the hard thing is that i live so far away