where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My babies are here!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: My babies are here!

Wow he does look even better now then he does in your avatar, thanks for new picture!! You are not biased at all because he is such a beautiful lovebird, you should be very proud of him. Both Mom and Dad are gorgeous birds and there names fit them perfectly. Seeing them makes me so excited to see these babies as they grow up because with parents like they have they all will be very unique and beautiful birds.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Thanks

Here's an updated pic of the 4 Fischer babies! They're getting SO CUTE!!!
    The oldest is now 2 weeks 3 days old, and the youngest is 12 days old.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

They are getting cuter by the day. So how are you liking this breeding? I would be just so excited each time I peek into the box to see how much they change day by day.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 1,003 Posts

They are sooooooo cute! I'm just like Deanna, I'd probably be peaking into that box more than once a day, for sure!

Thanks

Thanks Deanna. So far the breeding thing is easy. But I haven't had any problems so far, and right now they just sit in the nestbox all day with Mom feeding them. Ask me in 6 Weeks! lol
    My first Blackmasked baby was scheduled to hatch today, but so far nothing. The day isn't over yet though, and it could hatch right before I go to bed. Some of my Fischer babies hatched right before bed time...so here's hoping! Fingers crossed.

My other Fischer pair is in the process of laying. She's laid two eggs so far. So I'm only at the beginning of this whole thing. lol!

Sorry to bore everyone with another photo, but look at the youngest Fischer baby! He's Pied, and he's going to be HEAVENLY! I have a feeling he's going to look a lot like his Daddy. He could be Grey Pied like my other Fischer Daddy too though. I should know his color in a few days.
    I had to band him this morning and it just broke my heart. It was such a struggle. They just don't understand what you're doing to them and they try with all their might to bite and get away. Banding is the worst task!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    They are sooooooo cute! I'm just like Deanna, I'd probably be peaking into that box more than once a day, for sure!
    I'm in there three times a day. :-) I remember the first time the two eldest held their heads up for the first time when I opened the hatch. That was a nice surprise. :-)
    In the afternoon I take them out and set them on the bed and rest my face in front of them and they crawl to me. They're just overly cute!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so jealous of you right now! I just would die to have my face that close to them and have them crawl up to me, you are so lucky. That has to be one of the cutest things I have heard here yet and what a blessing for you to be able to experience the birth of such cute birds. The youngest baby is going to be adorable if he looks like his dad.

Dont worry about posting too many pictures. You just cant post enough pictures of them especially when you add in the stories you tell us about them. I cant wait to see the Blackmasked ones growing up. Lovebirds are the best birds ever and yours are some special little birds... so are you because you share them with us.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kim
    Thanks

Watching your babies grow up is making me soooo antsy I'm still counting down the hatchdate for my masked Keep the pics coming!

Thanks

Deanna, I'm excited for the Blackmasked babies too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmbrlyv View Post
    Watching your babies grow up is making me soooo antsy I'm still counting down the hatchdate for my masked Keep the pics coming!
    When is your first Blackmasked baby due to hatch? What color is your pair, and what are you looking to produce? It'll be exciting to watch them grow on here (hint, hint).

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Love all of the pics on here! Can't wait to see them all feathered out- especially the youngest, I have a soft spot for pieds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albe View Post
    Love all of the pics on here! Can't wait to see them all feathered out- especially the youngest, I have a soft spot for pieds
    Thanks Mell, Pieds are my weakness too! :-)

Here's a new pic of the Fischer Lovebird babies from today. They're seriously little balls of fluff!

This is a closeup on baby #2's wing. I'm just amazed at the transformation these little guys have to go through to become the little feathered cuties we all know and love.

As of now, still no Blackmasked baby. I'm not very optimistic at this point that Egg #1 is going to hatch. #2 is scheduled to hatch today, but hasn't yet. The first two eggs of the Fischer Lovebirds clutch didn't hatch, so I was hoping for better with the Blackmasked pair. Oh well...

Name
    Storm
    Thanks

Following this thread has inspired me so much! Ive always been obsessed with birds and watching these babies grow up is just so amazing - the transformation!
    Love the pictures as well, you can never post too many :P

I really want to get into Lovebird breeding for sure and I think I have found my first prospect bird :3 I'm a sucker for blues hehe

Me and Phantom

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 1,003 Posts

They change and grow sooooooo fast. When I look at those precious little birds, and read about their development from hatch time, it makes me realize how awesome God/the Universe/Nature/Spirit ALL really are!!! I LOVE the pics and the journey you have me on!! Keep your posts coming to us! Awesome!

Thanks

Thanks Storm and Ellen!

Quote Originally Posted by Anfsurfer View Post
    As of now, still no Blackmasked baby. I'm not very optimistic at this point that Egg #1 is going to hatch. #2 is scheduled to hatch today, but hasn't yet.
    I spoke to soon! Blackmasked Egg #1 hatched this evening!!! Mr Frodo (The Daddy) is SUPER exicted. None of my Fischer babies made a single peep until about a 4 days ago. This little Blackmasked baby was peeping up a storm when I walked into the room, which was how I knew he hatched. lol
    Here's the new baby's pic.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Oh Tim it is so great that your first Black Masked baby hatched. It is so different then the pied ones, you can actually already see its eye ring at birth. I too am just in awe watching tiny little eggs hatch out to become the sweet little lovies we all love and adore, life is so amazing!!

I love your pied lovies, the blue color already coming in so bright I am surprised. They all are going to be just like Mom and Dad and awesome birds. Keep the pictures coming because your babies have a big following of bird lovers just waiting for the next pictures you post.

Remove Ads