Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: My babies are here!

I love baby pics.. Thanks for sharing them!! I love the one with the three of them huddled together with their eyes partially open. They are absolutely adorable.

Thanks

Thanks everyone!!!

Deanna, I'm surprised you remember my Ringnecks! They're very sweet birds and good to have out with the Babies.

Welcome back Danielle! Good to see you here again. :-)

This Blackmasked clutch is going to be fun because every one of the babies is a different color mutation.
    Here's the newest pics of the babies...

All the babies in the Nestbox

Momma peaking in on me

Baby #1, the first Yellowface. (I told you guys this baby is to die for. Personality Plus!)

Here's his little Blonde Exhaust Pipes. SO CUTE!!!

Baby #2, The second Yellowface. (This little one looks just like Mom.)

A pic of the two of them.

Baby #3. This one is the same color as the Blue Fischer babies, and will have a White Neck and Nape, not Yellow.

This is Baby #4. He'll be a Purpley Blue with a White Neck and Nape. (#3 is behind him in this pic. You can see the difference in the color between the two!)

And lastly Baby #5. Although you can't see his coloring in the pic because he's too young, he is the same color as #4 but is Yellowface! This is the baby I will most likely keep as he's closest to the mutation I wanted. If not this baby, it will be #1. :-)

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

They are changing sooooo fast. Will their little feet always be black speckled? It must be so special to spend each day with them, and to see their little personalities, their parents characteristics, and the way their feather coloring is changing. They truly are precious. Great pics!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I remember a post here when one of your ringnecks turned a year old or maybe it was something else? I think that was the only time I ever seen there pictures here because your lovies are the ones that I love the most and also the ones that you post your great pictures of.

The masked babies are so adorable and I just love the picture of the Mom peeking in at you to see what your doing in there. Baby #1's tailfeathers are cute, are they always going to be white tailfeathers? I just cant wait to see each of these babies as they get fully feathered because if they are all different they will all be new kinds of birds to me. I dont see many masked lovies at all so I am excited to see these as they grow up.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kim
    Thanks

The new babies are soooo beautiful! I can't wait to see them fully feathered out!

Thanks

ELLEN,
    The speckled feet is just because they're babies. They will continue to color in more and more.

DEANNA,
    The Blonde Tailpipes were just the tips of the feathers. The entire tailfeathers won't be Blonde. :-)

Here's some new photos from today. Wow, what a task taking these pics. The babies were everywhere! lol

BABY #1

BABY #2

Baby #2's Tailpipes. Pretty, eh?

Another photo of #2

BABY #3

BABY #4 This guy was the rowdiest today! lol He had ants in his pants for sure!

BABY #5 This is the beautiful baby I'm keeping. I can finally see his coloring visually, and not just through Macro Photography. lol

Here's a pic of his Blonde Locks growing in.

And a couple closeups on his feathers.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

OMG all of the masked babies are so cute! I like that you have a hard time keeping up with them because to me that is what owning a lovie is all about. Lovies are the best and your masked babies are just so cute I love seeing them.

How are your fisher lovies doing? I bet your house is quite a crazy place to be at with all these cuties running and flying about.

Thanks

The Fischers are great Deanna! The Black one is a great flyer just like his Dad. Makes me look like a fool chasing him/her when it's time to go back in. lol

I took this video of the Blackmasked family today when they were out. Hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oyDCc_diJ8

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Thanks Tim, for the new pics and the precious video!! They are so healthy and happy. My little budgie, Muffin, sure likes them!! He was watching the video with me and it sure got him started. Fluttering all over his cage, and chirping and flock calling.

I went to visit a cousin and his wife today, and low and behold an outdoor finch, laid her eggs, of all places in the artificial wreath that hangs on their front door. It is a combination of silk flowers and artificial twig. Now this was one smart mom, because she laid those eggs right in the middle of the wreath, and since it is hanging quite high on the door, no predator can get them, and unless you know they are there, you would never guess they were there. I saw them today because mom was out hunting food for them, and they are sooooooo small, and are getting their down and a few pin feathers right now. My cousin is a retired biology teacher, so he is interested in nature, and especially birds of all kinds. There are (4) babies that we can see right now. He said she laid 5 eggs, and the 5th baby could be in the nest but out of site. They have even purchased a different wreath, thinking maybe she wouldn't be back in the Spring, but that didn't stop her. Isn't nature the "best" education and fun one could ever experience?? I think so!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I love the video and it really does show just how cute your babies are in real life. Dad is also a cutie and seems to really watch over his babies. Baby #1 is a active one and is so cute I just want to give him a big squeeze hug.

I also got to see your video of Lord Elrond and Elwing, they are just so pretty. She is so much bigger then him which sort of surprised me but guess the girls need to have them strong bodies to lay all them eggs.

Name
    Danielle
    Thanks

As if the pictures weren't enough that video totally makes me want more lovebird babies!! They are so adorable at that stage, where they don't completely look like mutant dinosaurs anymore, but are instead fuzzy little birdies. When they're learning to fly they're so much fun too! Being around to see it all is such a blast, you must be having a great time.
    But I still have all my 4 not-babies-anymore from last year, so we're a full house, LOL. I will just have to be satisfied with your excellent pictures and vids as there is not enough space in my hair for more birds to hang out

.....Abu......Rafiki...... Zuri.....

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing the video. All the lovies are precious. I just wanted to jump into the screen and give them scritches. Way to cute.

Thanks

Hi everyone. Thanks for your continued interest in this thread and all the nice comments.

I just wanted to give you some updates.

My Pied Fischer baby came home today. He looks really well. I can feel pins in all his bald spots on his head. So he should be looking like a show champion in no time. :-)

In return for my friends caring for my baby, I offered her Fischer baby #2 and she accepted him. He left today to got o his new home. It was really difficult. I definitely choked up taking him from his cage and siblings. It was hard, but at least I know where he is and who he's with.

Finally, Masked baby #1 appears to have some issue with his left wing. It looks like he only has half a wing...like there's no outer part. Possibly it's broken and just not coming out, or maybe he was born deformed and I never realized until this past week? If you look at the picture of him at the top of the page you can see he has no flights on his left side. I can't figure it out since I really don't know how the wing is designed. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow morning to have a look and see what's going on. I'll let you know what the outcome is...

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kim
    Thanks

Tim, it's great to hear that your pied came home! I'm sorry to hear about your mauve baby In the picture his wing appears to be shorter on the left side... please keep us up to date with how he's doing

I'll take some more pics of my masked babies soon, they're getting banded in the morning

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Hugs to you Tim. I know how hard it must of been for you to give up Baby #2 to your friend but it least like you said you know where he is and hopefully can still visit him now and then. I am sorry about the Baby #1's wing and hopefully you will have good news from the vet tomorrow. I can also see where it is missing its flight feathers in the picture.

I cant wait to see a picture of your Pied baby, even if it still has some feathers missing on its head I bet it is drop dead gorgeous.

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

I am in love with #1!! I hope his wing is Ok- but if not, the extra special ones always end up the favorites! I wish you could fly him over to Canada, I want him!

Thanks

Thanks Kim, Deanna and Mell. Masked Baby #1 was born without a particular digit in his wing. So he most likely will never fly. I have my fingers crossed that he can have some sort of flight, but regardless...he will most likely stay with me now. Unless Mell comes to get him. :-)

I caught this great pic of him flapping today. I have the original pic that is huge and can see where the front wing ends. I mapped out on the image the span of feathers he's missing compared to the other wing. Basically it looks like all the flight feathers that get clipped when you don't want a bird to fly. I guess we'll have to see if he manages flight or not...

Here's a back view of the wing.

Ok Deanna, I really didn't want to post a pic of Glorfindel until his head feathers all grew back, but since you're anxious here's one. :-)

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Oh Tim, I know how difficult it is to give up the babies that hatch, because you, as the breeder, live and breathe every moment of each day with those little chicks, from the time the eggs are laid until the day you have to part with them. I am so sorry to hear about the little guy with the wing problem, but from what I read on the web about folks who do have what I call "special needs" birds, they all say that these birds are soooooo full of courage, and can live their life each day and do many things that one would think they could never accomplish. I will be praying that the little guy will live a relatively normal life. And with you, we know he will be happy and healthy.

And the pics are precious!! Glorfindel is soooooooo beautiful, and Baby #1 Masked, looks like he has a very pleasing personality. Thanks for sharing!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am confident that Baby #1 will have a good life with you or anyone else who wants him and perhaps he will fly because I learned with boomer no matter how short you cut his wings he still could fly. Maybe not as graceful as a fully flighted lovie but they can still get around good. He is sooooo cute, and myself have a mushy soft heart for handicapped birds.

Thanks for posting a picture of Glorfindel (nice name for him) for us to enjoy and I think he is such a beautiful bird even if like you say his head feathers are not perfect. He sure looks perfect to me and your lucky I dont know where you live because you just might have to fight me off when I came to steal him away from you. I cant wait to see who you pair him up with and his babies when it comes time for you to breed him. He is even more handsome then his Dad!! What a lucky man you are to have such cute lovebirds to enjoy day after day.

Thanks

It's getting impossible to take photos of the babies anymore because they don't stop moving! So here's another video. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNEgc5pT36o

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Too cute!!!!! They sure are happy campers!!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

There are too cute!!! They all look so happy and the one trying to get away that you had to stop twice in the video has the prettiest bright blue feathers.

Name
    britany
    Thanks

Awwwwe so adorable!
    Their beutiful !
    I've always dreamed of having baby birds....but of course I still have to read tonnes more about it!and breeding your birds the first time is always very dangerous for your birds!
    I'm not sure...is there anyway to somehow a way to not make but ou know make your bird be in a good mood for breeding because my birds crer well my female one is normally blue but as soon as I put a male in her cere went crazy brown nearly black! And she is still refusing to breed with my male! Although they have a strong bond
    Jeff
    ~Male
    ~Light green

Green
    ~Female
    ~Dark factor
    ~Olive

Thanks

Thanks Ellen. Deanna and Britany!

Deanna, you're right. The rowdy blue one is gorgeous. He's as close to his fathers bright purple as he can be considering he only has one Violet factor. Plus he's got a great Mask to boot.

Britany, since you're talking Cere colors I'm assuming you're talking about Budgies? The hens Cere should be white-tan normally. When they're in season it turns to a dark brownish color. Males are the ones with a Blue cere.
    The hen calls all the shots when it comes to breeding. Just because she's in season doesn't mean she's going to be receptive to your male. And if she doesn't want to breed with him there's pretty much nothing you can do.

Thanks

I just played your video several times for Ham and she went looking around the speakers for the chicks.
    We got lots of Ham here