where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Name
    britany
    Thanks

Re: My babies are here!

Yes i know Anfsurfer,
    it's just like the saying you can lead the horse to water but you can't force it to drink
    it's like i can lead my budgie to one another and even though they have a strong bond it doesnt mean i can force em or not in that way make them to breed \
    and yes i was talking about my birds
    and well my male has never really tried mating with my female!
    so you never really know if my female is saying NO
    but they still feed, chirp and talk to eachother!
    i still need to read tonnes of book s so yeah..i hope if they ever do breed in future it wont be that SOON!
    Jeff
    ~Male
    ~Light green

Green
    ~Female
    ~Dark factor
    ~Olive

Thanks

These are the latest pics I have for each of the Blackmasked babies.

BABY #1

BABY #2

BABY #3

BABY #4

BABY #5 My keeper from the clutch. :-)

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Baby 5 is quite the cutie and I can see why your keeping it. How is baby #1 doing with its wing lately? I really do hope it isnt slowing him down much.

I got to ask you since you have both Masked and Fishers, out of both kinds which is more mellow and not quite as wild and noisy? Just checking because I always heard Peachies and the other breeds like them were the rowdy screaming ones and Masked were usually sweet and not so loud. Is it true? Or a myth?
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Thanks

Babies #1-#4 all started flying for the first time yesterday. Baby #1 pretty much just goes down. He doesn't even seem to be able to get enough lift to travel across a short distance. It's hard to watch. He sees his sibings flying and I could see the confusion in his face of why he can't. It's really very sad.

There's really no difference between Blackmasked and Fischers...they seem the same to me. The eyerings make very different sounds than the Peachfaced at times. I think the Peachfaced sounds are much more shrill than the eyerings, not necessarily louder. My PF girls can really grate my nerves at times. lol

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Poor Baby I was really hoping he could it least fly a little bit better. I bet it is sad to see but he will be OK and like others said the ones that are not perfect are the ones that touch so many hearts and usually make the best pets of all. I know I love the ones with troubles the best of all and since some people like to keep them clipped a little bit this shouldnt be much of a problem if the people who take #1 know that he cant fly.

Peach faces do have shrill little voices which definitely can be heard from far away and after non stop chattering they get on everyones nerves. I cant tell you how many times boomer had timeouts because he just wouldnt stop cheeping. I was hoping that masked were mellow and sweet and not as talkative like some people say. Oh well I still love lovebirds and if I ever get another bird it will be another lovie because they are too cute to not get one.

Name
    britany
    Thanks

awww......what happened to baby number 1????
    I really hope his ok..........

I would keep all the lovebirds if i were you ..............but...............you cant have tooo many birds in on e house!
    Jeff
    ~Male
    ~Light green

Green
    ~Female
    ~Dark factor
    ~Olive

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I feel sad just like you do about baby #1. It has to be heartbreaking to watch him trying to be like the rest of the babies. He will be a wonderful addition to a home that has a single person, perhaps a retired person, who has the time during the day to be with him, to interact with him, and to give him extra love, and help if needed, for his disability.

I just marvel at the beautiful feathering of all of your birds. Your pictures are breathtaking. And you definitely have the personality to be a bird breeder. Thanks for sharing the update and pics!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

If I were ready for a new bird I would take Baby #1 in a heartbeat and he would never ever feel sad because he couldnt fly like his siblings. In a way I wished I was ready because I do miss having a bird here to love and adore. One day when I quit having so much fun being a free person I will need to make a trip to Colorado to pick up one of your babies. I do hope you find a good home for him and if not I know you will keep him and love him forever.

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

I've been away far too long.
    Great to see such lovely babies!

Shame about number 1 though - he was my favourite - coz he looks like a little Sammy! Not to mention as cute as he is now, he's going to be a real beauty in a few months when his big bird feathers come in - the little grey guys don't seem to get their amazing purple sheen until they're older.

It might just take him a little longer to build up his flight muscles - but hopefully he'll be able to fly. I'm saying this because Sammy had to be clipped just after he learnt to fly - he was really, really fast. Like bullet quick. And he was a bit thick about windows, walls, glass in general. My breeder decided to clip him and slow him down a bit for his own safety. He took off the first two primaries and it did... basically nothing. So he took another, which didn't stop his kamikaze flying. It took four on each wing to slow my little guy down - and even then he could still gain height enough to reach my lampshades. Just puffed him a lot. And he couldn't get up enough speed to brain himself on the wall. though at times i think maybe he did knock some sense out of him lol

Hopefully your little guy will build up his flight muscles and do just fine x I wish you were over here. I'd snap him up in seconds. I'm even used to dealing with disabled birdies.

Though I can't help wondering if maybe a trim on the other wing would help? he must feel awfully unbalanced...

Thanks Lee for the adorable sig!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    katy
    Thanks

my how quickly they grow up! Your babies have been beautiful from day 1! Did u find a home for baby #1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktbaum View Post
    my how quickly they grow up! Your babies have been beautiful from day 1! Did u find a home for baby #1?
    All the babies except for the 1 Fischer baby and the 1 Blackmasked baby I kept, have gone. Though you want to, you just can't keep them all. :-(