Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

My little hen tiel, Ollie was adopted on June 2, 2011. And my little budgie, Muffin, was adopted on October 30, 2011. I'm having a "virtual" First bird-thday party for them on June 2, 2012, at 2:00 p.m., central time! You can find out more about the big "bash" by visiting my profile page, and viewing my "invitation" album as well as my "sneak peak album".

We anticipate having lots of fun that afternoon, with games, prizes, birdy bread, cake, ice tea and lemonade, and even a "big surprise" at the end of the party.

Less than 3 weeks until the big "bash"! Everyone is invited!
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-15-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

I hope I will be here to watch the bird-thday bash, sounds like lots of fun.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

We'll be there!! Me, Kahnee, Misty, Gabby, Chauncey, Riley, Tubbie and Sweetie!! Everybody's looking forward to it!
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Gabby Renee and Chauncey will celebrate their 2nd birthdays in March!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That's GREAT Pat!! I can hardly wait for the 2nd to get here!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Maybe by June 2nd Gabby could sing Happy Bird-thday!! She's making the first attempts at forming deliberate sounds!!!
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

You know you can count on us.. Tango, John and myself.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Wonderful news, Carolyn! And Pat, that would be "awesome" if Gabby could learn the Happy Bird-thday song! Personally, I like to think the "bird-thday" song can be sung by any little bird, because it doesn't have to be the birthday melody we know. It can be a bird-thday song that our bird kingdom sings every morning to wake us up! Because those "birdy songs" definitely put a "song" in our heart!! So, you could send us a "choral concert" of ALL of your babies singing happy bird-thday if you wish too! Whatever you decide is just fine with me and I'm sure everyone will agree!

Counting down the days . . . . . . . two weeks from Saturday!! And Deanna, we will definitely look for your "entrance" no matter what time it is. I can hardly wait to announce the afternoon's "itinerary". And yes, my two little babies are spoiled, but I guess when they have a "parront mom" who was an "only child", then enough said, right?????? (lol)
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Bird-thday update! Two weeks from today is the "big celebration". Fasten your "seat belts", and get those little "fids" of yours all decked out for the big day!! Ollie and Muffin have been practicing their "manners" to be "good fids", and to "treat their guests with respect" when they are playing games.

And I told Ollie, my little Princess/Diva, to keep "egg laying" off of her mind on her bird-thday!! Do you think she will listen to her mom? I sure hope so!! I'll be posting some more pics in my sneak peak album next week!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Chauncey wants to know if he can invite his new toy zebra. LOL. I tried to tell him that you don't need to invite toys, just real people, but you know how these babies are - never listen do they?

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hey!! No problema!! Chauncey certainly can bring his new toy with him!! I think a zebra will definitely add more diversity to our little party. Afterall, our little feathered friends have "footprints" of their DNA ALL over the world!! And it would be a great "prop" for pictures!! Speaking of pictures I have to keep saying it . . . . . I LOVE your pics!! Are you sure you aren't a professional photographer?

I could bet you 100 tiel eggs that my little Ollie will have (4) eggs by the 2nd of June!! She's already got her "ritual" going here. Yesterday and today it was dumping out her cuttle bone pieces that are kept in a jar lid, placing them all over the cage bottom and hiding the lid under the paper towel. "Silly Girl!"

Ollie is a chronic egg layer who just LOVES to nest and lay eggs. She is very well taken care of with plenty of calcium, great foods and pellets/seeds. She is a "single hen", in that there is no male cockatiel in my home. But that didn't stop my Princess/Diva Ollie! She even says "pretty bird" on occasion, and most females don't speak words. Better the eggs are laid by the 2nd, so she doesn't miss her very own "first virtual Bird-thday party"!! (lol)
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-20-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Silly Ollie, hope she is done with the laying eggs before her party. I just looked at the time difference and since its two hours there is a possibility I may be able to see it least the beginnings of the bird-thday party. We usually take off in the afternoon so hopefully if we dont take off and go camping I will be here to be part of the party. You got my curiosity peaked at what you are planning to do so it would fun to see it.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Well, you know, Deanna, there is "no reason" why we couldn't start the party earlier! Here's what we can do. Right now, the folks who definitely are going to attend are Carolyn (Pipers Mom), Pat (DesertDweller), and Jaspa (Karen) and their little ones.

Here's my proposal. How about starting the party at 11:00 a.m. Central Time. (That would be 9:00 a.m. West Coast Time). Karen lives in New Zealand, so she is one day ahead of us time wise, anyway, and I would imagine it won't make much difference to her. Carolyn most probably would agree to 11:00. How about Pat and Deanna? What time would be good for you? When you all stop by to check out my thread, how about some input?? I really don't want anyone to miss the party, because of the "big surprise" that is planned. I'm flexible to time, that is no problem for me!

I'll check back tomorrow! Please post your thoughts ASAP! Thanks

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

New Zealand is 5 hours difference between me here so I think it may be way too early for Karen to go to the party even though she is a day ahead of us. I ran a business and I did lots of business with them and I had to wait until 12:00 or 1:00 to call them from over there. Keep the original time and I will just make up a reason why we are not going to take off early that day and since the hubby is only off on the weekends I am sure he can find something to do here. If Karen can come a hour earlier that would be better but then I may not even be home to join the fun anyways. There is a chance we may go camping on the weekend of your party but I can let you know about that after Memorial day weekend because we tend to do things spur of the moment and I wont know until then.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I'm fine with any time you come up with. We're all ready to get down and PAR-TAY!!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

I'm flexible with the time too. I'm an hour ahead of you. Now if Pat can have Chauncey bring his toy zebra, can Tango bring his stuffed lion??? LOL!!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

@ Carolyn, Well, of course Tango can bring his stuffed lion! Would a "grandma" EVER refuse a little "grandbirdy"??? NOT!! (lol)

@ Deanna, Sure, we will wait until after Memorial Day to find out if you can attend. One GREAT thing about a virtual "bird-thday party", is that it is a "drop by" party anyway, so if for some reason you can't attend due to other plans, we can get together the next day, or week-days, and do a "retake"!!

WHEW!! I think I'd better get my "homework" started. I sure hope my "first virtual bird-thday party" stays off the ground and doesn't crash!!

@ Pat: I'm with you . . . . PAR-TAY we will!!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Now that John and I are almost over that "wonderful spring common cold" (sarcasm), I think we will both be ready to PAR-TAY!!! Going to a virtual Bird-thday Party is a first for me. We gave Tango a bath last Saturday and told him he needs to be nice and clean for the upcoming party, he enjoyed it!! He went into the shower with John and just flapped his wings into the misting water. When John called me to get him, Tango looked like a drowned rat. He will definitely have another one before Ollie and Muffin's big day! He is almost finished with his first molt.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Here's the Bird-thday Par-tay Itinerary:

Meet and Greet new friends and cousins: Tango, Jaspa, Olli, Tubbie, Sweetie, Kahnee, Misty, Riley, Gabby and Chauncey

Meet the "parronts: Carolyn and John, Karen, Pat, and Deanna

Game Time: Beak Ring Toss
    Beak the Tail on the Angry Bird

Time for a Snack: Birdy Bread, Bird-thday Cake, Ice Cream, Lemonade, Ice Tea

Time to say Goodbye: A Big Surprise and a Take Home Gift
    Go to my Gallery for a new album showing the snacks, the prizes, and the take-home gift

Last edited by maxollie; 05-22-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

I love the Angry Bird pinata.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I love all the pinata's and the lemon tea looks so good I may have to make my own today. If only this could be a real party, I would just love to see Ollie and Muffin rip into the pinatas in person.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

@ deanna: I do wish it could be a "real party". I'd love to meet all of you and the little "fids" too! And personally, I'd LOVE to see EVERY ONE of the birdy guests tear into those pinatas!! In "real time", I am planning on getting Ollie and Muffin a pinata for their birthday party. Not one as big as those I posted, however.

@ Carolyn: Yes, I like that pinata also!! I play angry birds all of the time. It is really a neat game. Only problem I have with it is that it is rather addictive, and I never have enough sense to stop. Sometimes it is way too late in the evening before I give it up!

Speaking of all of those pics that I posted, some of them came from a website called "Oriental Trading", which has every kind of birthday party, anniversary, children's art supplies, etc. you can imagine. You might wish to surf on over and take a look at that website. They have some really nice "stuff" that has a good price point.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

How's Gabby coming along with her "Happy Bird-thday" song?

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Gabby's practicing every day. And so is Chauncey. They're getting better at it. Maybe some day they'll get one of the words

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That's awesome, Pat!! I can hardly wait to hear and see that video! The news on our home front today is that Little Miss Ollie Princess/Diva Honeybun, laid an egg about an hour ago!! Sooooooooooooo, we might have a "bird-thday Par-tay with Ollie having to take "time-out" to do some nesting! I don't know what she was trying to prove to herself or me with this egg, because it is sooooooo big, it looks like it might be "twins"!!

I do wish that egg were fertile. I'll bet that chick would be "huge"!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hope you have your virtual plane tickets for the big Bird-th-day PAR-TAY!! We have a virtual airport close by and a virtual cab service to bring you to the par-tay!! We will celebrate in my virtual screened in summer home, so the fids can fly around, interact with each other and play Beak Toss and Beak the Angry Bird. Wow!! Only FOUR days until the PAR-TAY!! Get ready for some great fun and the "big surprise"!