Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 1,022 Posts

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

@ Carolyn, Well, of course Tango can bring his stuffed lion! Would a "grandma" EVER refuse a little "grandbirdy"??? NOT!! (lol)

@ Deanna, Sure, we will wait until after Memorial Day to find out if you can attend. One GREAT thing about a virtual "bird-thday party", is that it is a "drop by" party anyway, so if for some reason you can't attend due to other plans, we can get together the next day, or week-days, and do a "retake"!!

WHEW!! I think I'd better get my "homework" started. I sure hope my "first virtual bird-thday party" stays off the ground and doesn't crash!!

@ Pat: I'm with you . . . . PAR-TAY we will!!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Now that John and I are almost over that "wonderful spring common cold" (sarcasm), I think we will both be ready to PAR-TAY!!! Going to a virtual Bird-thday Party is a first for me. We gave Tango a bath last Saturday and told him he needs to be nice and clean for the upcoming party, he enjoyed it!! He went into the shower with John and just flapped his wings into the misting water. When John called me to get him, Tango looked like a drowned rat. He will definitely have another one before Ollie and Muffin's big day! He is almost finished with his first molt.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Here's the Bird-thday Par-tay Itinerary:

Meet and Greet new friends and cousins: Tango, Jaspa, Olli, Tubbie, Sweetie, Kahnee, Misty, Riley, Gabby and Chauncey

Meet the "parronts: Carolyn and John, Karen, Pat, and Deanna

Game Time: Beak Ring Toss
    Beak the Tail on the Angry Bird

Time for a Snack: Birdy Bread, Bird-thday Cake, Ice Cream, Lemonade, Ice Tea

Time to say Goodbye: A Big Surprise and a Take Home Gift
    Go to my Gallery for a new album showing the snacks, the prizes, and the take-home gift

Last edited by maxollie; 05-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

I love the Angry Bird pinata.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I love all the pinata's and the lemon tea looks so good I may have to make my own today. If only this could be a real party, I would just love to see Ollie and Muffin rip into the pinatas in person.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

@ deanna: I do wish it could be a "real party". I'd love to meet all of you and the little "fids" too! And personally, I'd LOVE to see EVERY ONE of the birdy guests tear into those pinatas!! In "real time", I am planning on getting Ollie and Muffin a pinata for their birthday party. Not one as big as those I posted, however.

@ Carolyn: Yes, I like that pinata also!! I play angry birds all of the time. It is really a neat game. Only problem I have with it is that it is rather addictive, and I never have enough sense to stop. Sometimes it is way too late in the evening before I give it up!

Speaking of all of those pics that I posted, some of them came from a website called "Oriental Trading", which has every kind of birthday party, anniversary, children's art supplies, etc. you can imagine. You might wish to surf on over and take a look at that website. They have some really nice "stuff" that has a good price point.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

How's Gabby coming along with her "Happy Bird-thday" song?

Hatched! Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Gabby's practicing every day. And so is Chauncey. They're getting better at it. Maybe some day they'll get one of the words
    All six of the flock are 6 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 7th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That's awesome, Pat!! I can hardly wait to hear and see that video! The news on our home front today is that Little Miss Ollie Princess/Diva Honeybun, laid an egg about an hour ago!! Sooooooooooooo, we might have a "bird-thday Par-tay with Ollie having to take "time-out" to do some nesting! I don't know what she was trying to prove to herself or me with this egg, because it is sooooooo big, it looks like it might be "twins"!!

I do wish that egg were fertile. I'll bet that chick would be "huge"!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hope you have your virtual plane tickets for the big Bird-th-day PAR-TAY!! We have a virtual airport close by and a virtual cab service to bring you to the par-tay!! We will celebrate in my virtual screened in summer home, so the fids can fly around, interact with each other and play Beak Toss and Beak the Angry Bird. Wow!! Only FOUR days until the PAR-TAY!! Get ready for some great fun and the "big surprise"!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

You got me wondering what the big surprise is going to be so I cant wait to go to the party.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Yes, the Bird-thday Par-Tay is only a few days away. Muffin, my tiel is going to bring his new "mirror girlfriend, Pearl". I put another mirror in his cage and a perch that is closer to Ollie's cage, and he "fell in love" pretty darn fast with Pearl. Pat is planning to have several of her little ones sing, and Tango, Carolyn's tiel, is going to play the drums because he loves to "hammer away", and I figure hammering is just one step behind playing the drum, so I think he definitely is up for it. Ollie and Muffin are going to add some rhythm to the "music jam session" and are practicing up on their tamberine. Beaking the tamberine might sound easy, but it does take practice, so they are currently doing just that. I'm hopeful that this "birdy choir" will provide us with a Carribean beat, and some Salsa, because I LOVE Spanish and Cuban music!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Misty can be the emcee of the party asking each performer 'what you doing, baby bird?' before each act goes on stage.
    All six of the flock are 6 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 7th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That will be perfect, Pat. I'm very happy to have your input, because I was trying to come up with an idea to begin the par-tay, on this thread. So I'll take you up on that idea!! Misty can be the emcee, and let me know what role your others are going to play. Then I will find out from Carolyn what part she would like Tango to play. I understand he loves to "hammer with his beak" on things, that's why I decided to give him the role of playing the "drums". And Muffin and Ollie are going to "beak" the tamborine. Then it will be "dance time", with some Salsa background music!

After this "meet and greet celebration", we will be moving on to the two games I have planned. And at that time, I sure want some posts from you and Carolyn as to how you think your fids are doing in the two games. So, like me, your "imagination" will be much appreciated at that time. Then, after the game competition, I will be awarding prizes, and we will move right into the cake, ice cream, birdy bread, etc. etc. lunch. I would like Chauncey and Gabby to lead the birthday song for Ollie and Muffin. Then, Ollie and Muffin are prepared to say their thank-yous to everyone for coming to their party. Muffin told me he has invited his new girlfriend, "Mirror Pearl" to the party.

After some "chatting" between us here, and of course letting everyone know how our fids like the lunch, it will be time for the "big surprise", and sadly the PAR-TAY will be over.

I can't quite believe I'm "silly" enough to create this bird-th-day Par-Tay, but to be honest with you, it has been so much fun "creating" it, and I have made some great friends here on the forum, in the process.

I'll be looking for any suggestions you might have girls, to make our par-tay successful!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Kahnee can do a hip-hop dance routine to Justin Bieber's song 'Baby' if you'd like.
    And after the performers tell the emcee Misty the answer to 'what you doing' he can usher them onstage with a 'c'mere'.

Oh, just got word that my little parrotlets, Riley and Rosie, would like to join in on the fun. They can do an acrobatic duo and a little demonstration in the art of 'parrotlet origami'. They love working with paper.

And Tubbie and Sweetie, my house sparrows, would like to do some 'dry aquatic ballet'. They do some fancy moves (fluffing and fluttering around) on a towel in place of the sand that their outdoor cousins use.
    Last edited by DesertDweller; 05-29-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Remove Ads