Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

You got me wondering what the big surprise is going to be so I cant wait to go to the party.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Yes, the Bird-thday Par-Tay is only a few days away. Muffin, my tiel is going to bring his new "mirror girlfriend, Pearl". I put another mirror in his cage and a perch that is closer to Ollie's cage, and he "fell in love" pretty darn fast with Pearl. Pat is planning to have several of her little ones sing, and Tango, Carolyn's tiel, is going to play the drums because he loves to "hammer away", and I figure hammering is just one step behind playing the drum, so I think he definitely is up for it. Ollie and Muffin are going to add some rhythm to the "music jam session" and are practicing up on their tamberine. Beaking the tamberine might sound easy, but it does take practice, so they are currently doing just that. I'm hopeful that this "birdy choir" will provide us with a Carribean beat, and some Salsa, because I LOVE Spanish and Cuban music!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Misty can be the emcee of the party asking each performer 'what you doing, baby bird?' before each act goes on stage.
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Gabby Renee and Chauncey will celebrate their 2nd birthdays in March!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That will be perfect, Pat. I'm very happy to have your input, because I was trying to come up with an idea to begin the par-tay, on this thread. So I'll take you up on that idea!! Misty can be the emcee, and let me know what role your others are going to play. Then I will find out from Carolyn what part she would like Tango to play. I understand he loves to "hammer with his beak" on things, that's why I decided to give him the role of playing the "drums". And Muffin and Ollie are going to "beak" the tamborine. Then it will be "dance time", with some Salsa background music!

After this "meet and greet celebration", we will be moving on to the two games I have planned. And at that time, I sure want some posts from you and Carolyn as to how you think your fids are doing in the two games. So, like me, your "imagination" will be much appreciated at that time. Then, after the game competition, I will be awarding prizes, and we will move right into the cake, ice cream, birdy bread, etc. etc. lunch. I would like Chauncey and Gabby to lead the birthday song for Ollie and Muffin. Then, Ollie and Muffin are prepared to say their thank-yous to everyone for coming to their party. Muffin told me he has invited his new girlfriend, "Mirror Pearl" to the party.

After some "chatting" between us here, and of course letting everyone know how our fids like the lunch, it will be time for the "big surprise", and sadly the PAR-TAY will be over.

I can't quite believe I'm "silly" enough to create this bird-th-day Par-Tay, but to be honest with you, it has been so much fun "creating" it, and I have made some great friends here on the forum, in the process.

I'll be looking for any suggestions you might have girls, to make our par-tay successful!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Kahnee can do a hip-hop dance routine to Justin Bieber's song 'Baby' if you'd like.
    And after the performers tell the emcee Misty the answer to 'what you doing' he can usher them onstage with a 'c'mere'.

Oh, just got word that my little parrotlets, Riley and Rosie, would like to join in on the fun. They can do an acrobatic duo and a little demonstration in the art of 'parrotlet origami'. They love working with paper.

And Tubbie and Sweetie, my house sparrows, would like to do some 'dry aquatic ballet'. They do some fancy moves (fluffing and fluttering around) on a towel in place of the sand that their outdoor cousins use.
    Last edited by DesertDweller; 05-29-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Six of my fids are now 2 years old - Sweetie, Tubbie, Misty, Kahnee, Rosie and Riley are all grown up!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That is ALL just FANTASTIC, Pat!! We will definitely plan on all of them participating. By the way, who is "Rosie"?? I sure hope you took another right turn to the bird breeder, and found Riley a "partner"!!

If you have any more thoughts, please let me know. We will all stop by this thread later in the afternoon, Friday, to confirm all of the details. Get up and PAR-TAY!! Only 4 days!!!

This Bird-th-day PAR-TAY is going to be the best happening on the Internet Super Highway, all around the world, on Saturday!! Thank GOD for Tailfeather friends!!

It is already exceeding my expectations!!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Yep. Rosie is a gorgeous little parrotlet that I brought home last week. I haven't had time to post anything about her yet. I decided to get Riley a little girl friend. They get along great! They're both the same age as Chauncey and Gabby, too! I saw Rosie when she first arrived at the dealer's and had my eye on her for weeks. Now she's home!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Oh, Pat, I'm sooooooooooo happy for you!! And Congratulations!! We sure look forward to seeing pics of Rosie! I'll bet Riley is "over the moon"!! I LOVE the names you choose for your little babies.

I wish I had a home where I could have more than two. I simply LOVE birds, just like you do. I'll bet you are having a wonderful time with the two of them together!

Muffin is bringing his new girlfriend, Pearl (the mirror bird lol) to the party. They are going to perform a "trapeze act" on their swings. And Ollie is going to do the "chicken dance" (the one that people do at weddings), because she literally loves to make the "clucking sound of a hen" (that is the truth), and she also loves to display her wings and does beautiful wing flaps (that is the truth too).

Carolyn hasn't confirmed that Tango will be playing the drum as yet. If she has some other talent for Tango to do, that is A-OK with me! And our friend, Karen from New Zealand (Jaspa is her forum name) has been invited to let me know what entertainment her two little ones, Jaspa and Olli will be performing. The only problem she may have attending is the fact she is one day ahead of us in time due to being "down under". But I have told her that it doesn't matter when she attends. She can post the entertainment that Jaspa and Olli will be doing anytime on my thread.

Thank you for your neat ideas and your help in organizing this "bash"!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Tango would love to play the drums.. Last night I was calling him "Hammerhead" because he kept on hammering at his food cup. I think I'm going to have one crazy tiel... Hope he likes to PAR-TAY!!!

@ Pat... Love how you addition to your signature line... Countdown to the Ollie and Muffin's Bird-thday.. Can't wait to see the pics of Rosie.. Congrats on the new baby!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I cant wait to see all your birds do there birdy dances and stunts for us, it sounds like a great party. I bet Kahnee can really do the hip hop dance well and hopefully he will add in his talented singing too. How funny that Muffin has a mirror friend too, they were boomers most loved friend of all.

I am happy your got your Rosie for your Riley Pat, he has to love having a girl friend all his own again.

Wished I had a bird to do some sort of dance for the party but it least I got all of your birds to entertain me and give me my bird fix that I love and adore.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hi, ALL! So the par-tay meet and greet will be sort of like a "talent show". It sounds like everyone is preparing and practicing their talent. I'm so happy to hear that Tango is going to beak a drum solo.

Pat, with your internet talents, if possible, please feel free to post a youtube video of your fids performing their talents. I doubt you can post it on my thread, if you can, go for it! You can post it on your "I just got my baby" thread, and we can surf right on over there and watch the "talent show" video of Kaynee, Misty, (the emcee), Rosie, Riley, Chauncey, Gabby, Tubbie, and Sweetie, during the party.

I don't have a clue how to do a video on youtube, but I definitely am going to take some pics of Ollie and Muffin and post on a new album in my gallery, along with a "review of the PAR-TAY!

@ Deanna, I see know reason why you couldn't bring a "virtual bird" to the party. If Muffin can have a "mirror girlfriend", you certainly could use your imagination like we all are having to do and create a little bird to bring with you. Let us know what your little bird will be doing for talent in the talent show. It's all in fun, and I sure am having fund doing it! And if you don't care to do so, that is fine too. Just be sure and bring yourself to the PAR-TAY!!

I'll be giving the final update on Friday evening, on this thread.

Baby
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

I will be following you on June 2, 2012. I have yet to do this for my birds, but I did have a one year birthday party for the family dog. We did pretty much what you plan on doing, cake, etc. Lots of photos were taken with family and friends. You will have a good time doing this.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I may need to search for a bird to bring to the party but then I am so not talented enough to think of creative things for my bird friend to do. If only I could steal Mango away from my sister for that day because he would be a fun bird-thday bird to show off to all of you. But my sister has warned me that next time I steal Mango he will be my bird because badddd me... I spoil him too much and he goes home and calls for me for days once he has to go back her boring house. I will think about my bird friend and if I can come up with one I can surprise all of you with my new friend. I do have a couple of boomers old "bird friends" that perhaps would like to attend a party...

Bill, I am happy your going to come to the party. The more the merrier!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hey, Bill!! You are 'INVITED TO THE BIRD-TH-DAY PARTY"!! Please bring your "virtual birds/flock", and be a part of the entire party, as well as the meet and greet "talent show"! Each bird is going to show us their talent. You can post pictures and/or video if you wish to on this thread. I'm not sure how to do that, so I won't be having a video of Ollie and Muffin, but I will be posting pictures in a new gallery album AFTER my party, of Ollie and Muffin, and other memories of the party.

Please plan on coming to my virtual party at 12:00 noon, central time, 10:00 AM California time, on Saturday, the 2nd of June!!

I'll be happy to see you and your flock! Please join in the fun!! (virtual or otherwise)!!
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-31-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Deanna, YES! Please bring the old friends of Boomer! And plan on having them participate in the "talent show" too! I'm soooooooo happy you are attending, and as you say, "the more, the merrier"! It's all about a FUN Saturday for all of us, so don't worry about being "creative"!! Just enjoy the fun day!! If you don't want to participate in the talent show, no problem!! Just sit back and take it all in!!

10:00 A.M. California time . . . Saturday, June 2nd!! See you here!
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-31-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Please come back to this thread tomorrow evening, Friday, and get a complete pre-itinerary of our big Saturday PAR-TAY!! Ollie, Muffin and I are SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED to have all of you coming to our "virtual screened-in Summer House", here in Illinois!!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Tomorrow is the big Bird-th-day Par-Tay!! We will gather on this thread at 12:00 noon (Central), 1:00 (Michigan), and 10:00 California time! And we will also welcome Karen in New Zealand time! I've posted a new album for you to see. And I will add pictures to that album during the day. I'll begin the party with a welcome post, and will wait to proceed until I hear from everyone that is attending. We will begin with the entertainment portion, that being the "talent show". After the talent show we will play the two games I had mentioned, "Beak the Angry Bird", and "Beak Toss". Prizes will be awarded for the winners. Then we will have our lunch (birdy bread, cake, ice cream, lemon aide or ice tea). Finally comes the "big surprise" of the day. And after the surprise, everyone will be given a take-home gift. And we will all say goodbye to Ollie and Muffin's first ritual bird-th-day party.

Misty, will be the emcee of the "Talent Show". I welcome Pat and her flock to be the first ones in the talent show. Then Tango will make his debut as a drummer, Deanna's virtual birds will perform, Karen's two tiels, Jaspa and Olli will do their talent, Bill's flock will be next, if he wishes to participate, and finally Ollie and Muffin will do their talent, and the talent show will end. Each fid that participates in the talent show will get a prize.

If anyone has any suggestions that would improve my itinerary in any way, please post here and let me know. I will certainly consider your thoughts.

Ollie and Muffin are all practiced up with their talent, and very eager to meet all of their new friends!
    See you all tomorrow!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I dont think my birds have much talent at all but if I can think of something I will show you there "stuff". One of my birds is going to crack you all up because it cracks me up but what can I say when you dont have a fuzzy butt that is real sometimes you just got to do with what you have. Besides it was boomers favorite toy to play with so I think it will be fun to show him off to you.

I am excited and I may be in a out of the party because we just made plans to go out on our canoe once my daughter comes home. It is HOT here and nice paddle in a cool lake sounds perfect. She dont get off work until around noon so hopefully me and my bird friends can be here for the entire party. Less the in and outs to get ready for a day in the sun. Who knows I just may come home with some Bald Eagle photos because this lake has a big cove roped off because there is a massive Bald Eagle nest in it. I hope I get to see the couple and perhaps even the babies and Carissa can take the photos because she is the photographer in the family.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

That's fine, Deanna. Great news about this "virtual bird-thday Par-Tay"!! There is no need to worry about time, because anyone can come back to my thread and post comments, and add pics, etc. after the party ends. I just read your comments on my gallery . . . I made a return comment to you there . . . Wouldn't it be great to really have a summer home like that, where I could just walk out my back door, and into that place, with my two fids, (minus the mosquitos and bugs), have a couple of bird play pens in there, and all of the "stuff" I posted in my gallery! There is only one problem however, for now, it has to be a "virtual summer home"!! Oh well, better to have a virtual one, than none at all!! See you here tomorrow, and you can come and go from the thread, no problem whatsoever. I don't have a clue how to post pics on this thread, so I'll be using my gallery to post pics of Muffin and Ollie, after the party is over!! But there are a couple of pics I haven't posted as yet concerning their talents, which I think will give everyone a laugh or two! So happy you are going to attend!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

@ Deanna, send some of this HOT weather this way.. I'm tempted to turn my furnace on. Supposed to get down in the 40's tonight. Brrrrr!!!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Ellen, I just seen the itinerary in your album, I just love your imagination. I told Tango he is going to be the drum player. Wonder if he will be as good as Ringo Starr??

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Ellen I use a webpage called Tinypic (www.tinypic.com) to load my pictures onto first from my computer. Once you download it onto that site it gives you a link on it for forums which all you do is click where it says forum link and then you can come to Tailfeathers and paste the link onto a comment here. If you do it before the party you may figure it out in time to use it here for your party.

When I do it I always go to the Go Advanced Key here below the comment box so I can actually see if the picture loads before I post my comment. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but once I did it isnt that hard at all. I personally joined Tinypic so I sign in and all my pictures are right there under my log in password and email address but you can just download a picture and then copy the forum link and go from there but after that the picture isnt saved anywhere so you can go back to them. I know there is a way to use TF for the same thing but I havent figured out how to use it so I just use Tinypic.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, Deanna! I'm going to try your suggestion first thing in the morning!

@ Carolyn: Silly girl! Now you and I both know Tango is far, far more intelligent than Ringo, has the perfect "crest", with no hair hanging in his eyes, and can hammer away on that food cup in perfect rhythm!! Now that's what I call "talent"!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Once you download the picture onto Tinypic and see the forum link beside the picture I need to warn you that you cannot actually see the letters in the link box but it is there. If you put your mouse curser in the box I am sure it copies the link you need to add here but I always try to highlight it by scrolling over it with my mouse and then copying the link by using my "CTRL" key(it is the key way down on the left side of your keyboard) and my "C" key at the same time. Then when you come back to tailfeathers you hit the "CTRL" key and the "V" key at the same time and this will paste the link onto the comment box here. That is a shortcut to copy and paste things... all my years of running a business and doing webpages actually helped me figure that out and its so much easier then using the edit key way up top.

I am excited about tomorrow

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Happy bird-thday, ollie and muffin!