Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Ellen, I just seen the itinerary in your album, I just love your imagination. I told Tango he is going to be the drum player. Wonder if he will be as good as Ringo Starr??

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Countdown to Ollie and Muffins "virtual" First Birthday Party, 6/02/12, 2:00 PM

Ellen I use a webpage called Tinypic (www.tinypic.com) to load my pictures onto first from my computer. Once you download it onto that site it gives you a link on it for forums which all you do is click where it says forum link and then you can come to Tailfeathers and paste the link onto a comment here. If you do it before the party you may figure it out in time to use it here for your party.

When I do it I always go to the Go Advanced Key here below the comment box so I can actually see if the picture loads before I post my comment. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but once I did it isnt that hard at all. I personally joined Tinypic so I sign in and all my pictures are right there under my log in password and email address but you can just download a picture and then copy the forum link and go from there but after that the picture isnt saved anywhere so you can go back to them. I know there is a way to use TF for the same thing but I havent figured out how to use it so I just use Tinypic.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Thanks for the info, Deanna! I'm going to try your suggestion first thing in the morning!

@ Carolyn: Silly girl! Now you and I both know Tango is far, far more intelligent than Ringo, has the perfect "crest", with no hair hanging in his eyes, and can hammer away on that food cup in perfect rhythm!! Now that's what I call "talent"!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Once you download the picture onto Tinypic and see the forum link beside the picture I need to warn you that you cannot actually see the letters in the link box but it is there. If you put your mouse curser in the box I am sure it copies the link you need to add here but I always try to highlight it by scrolling over it with my mouse and then copying the link by using my "CTRL" key(it is the key way down on the left side of your keyboard) and my "C" key at the same time. Then when you come back to tailfeathers you hit the "CTRL" key and the "V" key at the same time and this will paste the link onto the comment box here. That is a shortcut to copy and paste things... all my years of running a business and doing webpages actually helped me figure that out and its so much easier then using the edit key way up top.

I am excited about tomorrow

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Happy bird-thday, ollie and muffin!
    All seven of the flock are 3 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 4th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Thank you, Pat and your beautiful flock for the "Happy Bird-th-day Wish"!!

@ Deanna, I didn't have time this morning to do the tinypic, but I'll proceed to learn all about it in the next weeks, so the next time I'm going to post pics, I can try it.

I've posted one last album with pics on my gallery. And some new pics I took this morning of the "Bird-th-day kids".

We are ready to PAR-TAY!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Happy Bird-thday to Ollie and Muffin! It is a GREAT day for a party.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hi! Everyone, and welcome to our virtual screened in summer home. This is a very special celebration, today. My two precious babies, Ollie and Muffin are celebrating their birthdays with our very first ever "virtual bird-th-day party"! Make yourselves at home, and let's PAR-TAY!

The entertainment today will be provided by all of the little fids that have come from far and away to be a guest of Ollie and Muffin. Each in attendance is planning to participate in the talent show. So, without any further waiting, let's get that talent show started.

The first participants are Pat's flock! Let's see what entertainment the are going to provide for us.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

John and I just landed. Yes, John is a hobbyist pilot. He enjoys flying in his Cessna 172.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWde1...&feature=g-upl
    Last edited by Pipers Mom; 06-02-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Error in Link

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Glad you made it, John and Carolyn! Get your party hats on and let's PAR-TAY!!
    All seven of the flock are 3 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 4th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Me and my buddies are here!

Let me introduce you to some of boomers old buddies...

Kiwi and Chicken little.

Chicken Little can do a heck of a head banging dance with his big fat Bobble head, yes it is a true bobble head that my boomer loved to beat the heck out of.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

We finally landed just in time for the Ollie and Muffin's big day!! Happy Bird-thday Ollie and Muffin.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Boomer is here in spirit.. I think it's great that Boomer's favorite toys could join us.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am jealous that John is a pilot and you two get to fly around to check out the world below you. Even though I am afraid to fly it sure would be neat to fly around in a small plane with your hubby flying it.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Ollie, Muffin and I are super happy to meet all of you. And to think you even flew all the way here in your very own airplane!! I'll bet Tango loved the ride! (the youtube video didn't play for me). And Deanna, I LOVE your two favorite little buddies there. Yes, I know quite well that on occasion, most birds get into a "head banging" frenzy!!

Let's begin the talent show! Anyone ready to perform?

Remove Ads