Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

White faced baby pics

Hello guys here are the new pics of the babies i think i have some very unique babies here. Wonder if they would do well in a show. What do you guys think my opinion is bias so some feed back would be great.

Last edited by siren27ca; 05-28-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Name
    Katie
    Thanks

Re: White faced baby pics

Whitefaced pearl pieds!! if they were cinnamon, you'd have my favorite mutation!
    Is the father a pearl?
    If the father is a pearl, and the mother is not, then all of the pearled chicks are female! congrats!

EDIT: it looks like you do have one wf cinnamon pearl pied

You may have to wait until they are fully feathered, but they really are beautiful!

Since they are such a combination of different mutations, they may not be show worthy. but i would snatch one right up if i could!

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

Mom is pearl and Dad is pied so are the pearl female or male? Here is a pic of mom and dad.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Oh, Coby..... They are just BEAUTIFUL!! They have grown so fast. Early on when I was viewing the parents, I did think that the mom had "cinnamon" colors. I am like Katie, I LOVE Cinnamon pearls and/or Cinnamon white face tiels. There is just something about the "cinnamon" color that really attracts me. When any cinnamon bird has its first hard molt at about a year old, the feathering that appears in those birds is simply gorgeous. At one time I had a cinnamon whiteface, and after the hard molt she was more beautiful than ever. I don't know anything about show birds, but I will say you have some beautiful babies and they look sooooooo healthy. Mom and Dad sure have done a great job taking care of them. If your mom is in fact a cinnamon pearl white face, in my opinion that is why Katie and I see the cinnamon color in the pics of the babies. I was once told by a breeder that if a pearl tiel is a female, when it has its first molt, it will not lose the pearl feathering. If it is a male, it will lose the pearl feathering. I'm not sure if that applies to all pearl tiels or just some mutations. In one of the pics, the three pearls look to me to be cinnamon pearl pied, and look just like Mom! And the other two white face pied look like Dad! Thanks so much for the update. Keep those pics coming our way! You are a wonderful "parront" and caregiver.
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-28-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Your babies are all little stunners and are the cutest tiels I ever did see. I just love them all.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Katie
    Thanks

Since the mother is a pearl, then the father is split or you would only get Normal grey males split to pearl.
    One thing i CAN tell you is that the cinnamon pearl is FEMALE because Cinnamon is sex linked as well so only
    the father carries the gene. The mother passes it onto the chick on only one chromosome so they get a split that only
    males can carry.
    the mother is a whiteface pearl and the father is a whiteface cinnamon split to pearl. this would give you
    Hens:
    Wf cinnamon
    wf pearl
    Cocks
    Wf pearl
    normal grey wf
    The whiteface cinnamon pearl is female because the mother is not cinnamon.
    ALL the chicks are pied because the mother carries full pied and the father does to. because both of the parents are full pied
    Did you get these two from the same breeder?

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

Nope we got them from the same person but he got them from different breeders.

Name
    Katie
    Thanks

Just asking because they are the same EXACT mutations, both being pearled, pied, whiteface. Breeders(or the person you got them from) are not always honest. Be sure to get certificates for the birds you get from breeders, you want to make sure they don't have the same bloodlines, this can cause bad defects in the babies But your babies are OK, and they are beautiful! congrats!

Next time remember this, Like to like breeding is breeding two full mutations together, it produces smaller and less healthy/thriving chicks.
    If you want larger and healthier chicks, get a NG male split to pearl, pied, and whiteface(i have two! not hard to find if you know what the splits look like!) you can get normal grey chicks and wf pearl pieds out of that. All males will be split to pearl for sure!

Then get the same for your male, get him a female split to pied and whiteface, Females can't be split to pearl, but because the father carries it, ALL the females in this clutch will be pearls of some sort.

This is only if you plan to keep breeding. Since these chicks look very healthy, and strong, you can probably keep breeding this pair,but think about this in the future especially with Lutinos, if you breed like to like, it causes bald patches. A good thing to breed lutino to is a lutino or split lutino pied because pieds have strong crests and will reduce the bald spots ect