Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Canary pair

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Canary pair

Hi I just got a pair of canary it can with a plastic nest cup and few cottonish things for the nest but I don't see the female building the nest so should I seperate the male from the female.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Re: Canary pair

If you are not experienced in breeding, remove the nesting material etc. If you would like to breed after you do some research on it, you can put it back in. Breeding birds takes more than just having a pair and letting them do their own thing. Pick up a book on it first and do some studying, then decide if you want to go down that route. Encouraging them to breed without the knowledge will put your hen and her chicks at risk.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

I have done my research and I only posted this threat to see others options or experience about it you marrie. If don't know it why bother answering it your are just risking your time you $&$@

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Thanx for nothing ( MARRIE ) I found out that they will build and rebuild the nest until the perfect one. I recently add a goat hair nest pad in the plastic cup. It said to keep the eggs warm will the mother eats or when she leaves the nest. I also added some tissue cut it 1 inch.
    She is going crazy shredding and shredding I hope to see some blue eggs soon "in god will".

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Rudi
    Thanks

OK, I hope others here got your drift. It happens a lot here and helps no one. We'll see if they pull this down or let my comment back to you remain. Anyway, canary hens will sred a nest over and over sometimes. Some will even never let one stand. This is usually a new hen or first year at it. Some actually will never build good nests. A good idea is to take some double sided carpet tape and stick a nest pad in the plastic nest. The nest pads are grey in color and will fold into the nest. USe a few pieces to make sure it stays. Then make a nest inside it yourself and provide more material outside. She may use your nest or add more too it. She may also deistroy the whole thing, but if she does the nest pad is there and all will be fine. You did not state where you live but most canaries are concluding the breding season. Some may breed for another month but most will be moving into the molt. If you have a flighty hen in her first year it may be a good idea to not give her a nest and let her just go into the molt. This will make sure she is healthy going into the molt and come out after it better and ready for the next season around February. Once again you did make me laugh at your retort hope you have calmed down. Good luck