Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

Is it me or do these babies look older.

Is it me or do these babies look older than 6 weeks old ?

These are my newest babies they hatched the first week in may i think they look a lot older than 6 weeks.
    Last edited by siren27ca; 06-12-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Is it me or do these babies look older.

They look so grown up now but I remember seeing them as tiny bald babies so I know they are only 6 weeks old. Your babies are way too cute, but you already know that
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Your flock is gorgeous!!! Like Deanna, I too have seen them as tiny babies. They sure do grow up quickly..

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

They are soooooooo precious! Personally, I think they do look like they are 6 weeks old. Your pictures are beautiful! And of course so are the babies. I'm the one who loves cinnamon pearls and pearl tiels. Soooooooooooooo, I sure wish you could send ALL of them by e-mail!! I'ld LOVE to have them right her next to me! You did an awesome job with them. Thanks for sharing the update!! Are you going to keep all of them or re-home all or some of them?

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

Oh i need to rehome them but i am scared that something might happen to them or they won't go to the right home. I have 6 more coming and 22 birds is to many to have in one house. I don't want my babies going to a home that is gonna die them or a home that is not gonna give them the love and attention that i give my babies so i am not sure how i am gonna do this.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I would feel the very same way you do. I was wondering if there is a bird shelter or bird rescue in your area. I think those kinds of places screen prospective caregivers very carefully before they allow the birds to go to a new home. So, perhaps they might have some suggestions for you if you call and talk with them as to how you proceed to find good homes for your babies, IF you decide to do so. I know I would never make a good breeder who sells birds to others, because I would never be able to part with any of them. At one time I had 13 birds, and because I had to move to a smaller apartment, the new landlord would only allow me to bring one bird with me. I was fortunate that one of my girlfriends had a daughter-in-law who had an aviary and took my other 12, but it was heartbreaking for me to have to re-home them. I had 9 budgies and 4 tiels, and they were the joy of my life. Now I have one budgie, Muffin, and one hen tiel, Ollie, and they are the joy of my life! I hope all will work out for the best for you and your babies. Once again, I MUST say, they are precious, beautiful and gorgeous, all wrapped up in one perfect clutch of baby tiels!

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

The white faced ones look just like my Tango. By any chance, do you have bird fairs or expo's near your area? Before I got Tango, I was in contact with Piper's breeder. Unfortunately, his birds were not fully weaned or didn't seem social. When I went to the bird fair/expo, I found Tango and adopted him that morning. Perhaps you can surf the web to see if there are any bird clubs that have fairs that you can participate in.

Name
    Coby
    Thanks

Thank you i think i will do that. The closest program we have for any animal rescue is the SPCA and they are having problems finding enough homes for the animals they do have my heart goes out to them i hope they all find their true owner. But i do think there are a few fairs in my area. I am also getting a contract ready for people to sign that for any reason they can not look after their bird to sell the baby back to me so that i can keep track on where my babies will be i am registering my name as "Cobys Cool Cockatiels" and we will be getting band for our babies so that if anyone comes by one of our babies that they can get hold of me threw their band. We also work closely with the SPCA so if any of our birds end up there they will be in touch with me. All i can do is hope and pray that they have a good life.