Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Terra
    Thanks

Sweet Sue and Tammy

I had these dogs since I was 10 years old. They passed away when I was 24. I miss them terribly, especially the black long haired one. She was like a baby to me. She kept me company when I was a kid, comforted me when my grandparents passed away...Sue was with me for everything. I still cry just thinking about her. I hope I'll see her on the rainbow bridge when my time comes, but odds are she's already passed on and joined my grandparents. She was their dog to begin with. I just inherited her, and she was the best present my grandparents ever gave me, even if it was posthumously. I'll never stop thanking them for the gift that was Sue and Tammy. Tammy was skittish of me, and more my sister's dog, but Sue was mine in every way. Even on the day she passed away, she waited until I got home from work, wagged her tail at me, let me hold her, then went to lie down and passed away peacefully. They were both tiny applehead chihuahuas, less than 3lbs each. Sue passed on first, and Tammy grieved herself to death and passed a week after Sue. They were half-sisters. They had the same mother. Tammy was 1 year older than Sue, which is why I don't understand to this day why Sue had to leave me first. Either way, their loss hurt.

I love you, Susu and Tammy. I hope to see you both again someday. Give Wuffles my love. Wuffles is another dog I lost. She was a sheltie, and she was so incredibly smart. She died from old age as well, just like Sue and Tammy.

I hope this thread isn't just for birds, because dogs leave just as big a hole in your heart when they pass away as birds do. I lost my bird Sunny when I was 13. I have no pictures of him (I do have pics of Sunny Junior, though, who looks just like him). I miss him too, but these dogs here left the biggest hole in my heart imaginable when they passed on. These dogs were special, as special as any bird, and have left me in tears daily.
    Last edited by Tielylover; 07-30-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Sweet Sue and Tammy

How sad that both Sue and Tammy passed within a week of each of each other, poor Tammy must of had a broken heart Dogs are special and deserve to be in the rainbow bridge on tailfeathers just as much as our loved birds. My two Rottweilers died many years ago and when the oldest one died the other one was so sad for months and he never really did quite get over losing her so I can understand how much dogs do love each other. HUGS to you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

No matter the pet, we all get attached to our little friends. And I'm sure most everyone can share a story about the loss of one of their precious babies, no matter what kind it might be. Thanks for sharing the story about your little dogs. I totally agree that all of our pets are at the rainbow bridge, and one day we will see them again when we get to heaven! I'm sending you a big HUG too!

Name
    Terra
    Thanks

Thank you. I wish I could post a picture of my tomato frog that passed away. I dearly loved him, but he got really sick one day and the vet that was nearest us didn't know much about amphibian illness and he just went to sleep and never woke up soon after. We didn't even notice he was sick until it was too late. It is very hard to tell with tomato frogs, it seems. This one especially loved to hide in his soft substrate and we didn't see him that often. When he got sick, he never burrowed in the substrate at all, which was the first sign something was wrong with him. I miss my mater frog! Frogs are also just as special as dogs and birds, despite too many dumb people calling them 'slimy pests'.