Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Searching for the perfect cage...

Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Searching for the perfect cage...

Hi everyone!

I don't know if you've seen my last post about the Hagen Vision Bird Cage but I wanted to create another one where you can all post pictures of the cage you have for your budgie(s). I'm searching for the perfect cage, as the one my birds came with is too small. Now, I don't have enough room for a flight cage but I still have a good amount of space. Can you all post pictures of your cages? What cage do you recommend for two budgies? All comments are appreciated!
    "It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds."

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 1,270 Posts

Re: Searching for the perfect cage...

I had just posted on your welcome thread with the pic of your babies that your cage looked quite attractive. I prefer square cages, because in my view, alot of wasted space is taken up with those bird cages that look like houses, and also those that are rounded on top like yours. I have seen Hagen Vision, but, for my own needs I don't think they would be big enough.

Budgies do love to fly free as well as have plenty of space in their cage. There are different size flight cages. Personally, I would want one that is about 24-26 wide and perhaps 24 high with an 18 inch depth (front to back). You might consider going to a website called Dr. Foster and Smith. It is based out of Wisconsin, and they have many different cages to view. And also, there are some suggestions as to proper cage size for different species of birds. Budgies do need to have bar spacing of no more than 3/8ths to 1/2 inch, because they can get caught between the bars. These are just some of my own opinions for you to consider. There are flights that you can get that are about 30 high and perhaps 28 wide. That may be too big for your home, but I'm sure they would love it.

Thank you for the friend invite. I accept your request.

Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Thank you so much for your advice! Yes, I've been looking into square cages. I do think mine is visually appealing but my birds deserve more room. I think I am starting to drift away from the Hagen Vision. Not many people are impressed with the space it offers. I do like the design though. If I could I would get the LO2 but it is just too expensive.

That was a great website that you linked me to! Lots of good options! I'll definitely take some of them into consideration. The cage I have now is
    16 inches long, 11 inches wide, and 20 inches tall.

Thank you for accepting my request!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

The Hagen cage didn't look too bad to me and if your birds get out of the cage time when your home then I personally think it would be fine for them. I use to have a smaller cage for my lovebird when he was alive and he loved it. He was usually out of his cage all day when we were home so I say it depends on how much time they spend in the cage. I liked having a smaller cage that I could easily carry because that way in the evenings we could carry the cage into my daughters room so he could sleep with her and we could stay up with the lights on without bothering Boomer.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Yes, I agree with you since you have given me the dimensions of your current cage. You might also try shopping on Amazon. I order many items from Amazon and none of them ever disappoint me. You might also try E-Bay.

Everyone has different ideas and opinions. I can understand Deanna's perspective because her little Boomer was always out flying free except for his night time sleeps. I've had good luck with Blue Ribbon Cages, and Prevue cages. Currently my budgie is in a Blue Ribbon, and my tiel in a Prevue.

Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Thank you both for replying! My birds do get a lot of out of cage time, usually the majority of the morning and all afternoon. I also try to let them out during the evening too but it's hard because I also have a cat and they have to be out at different times, never together.

I found a great deal for the Hagen cage on amazon, it's a little expensive but I think it will work. I can't really have anything larger than it anyway, it is pretty big in my opinion, 31 inches long 17 inches wide and 22 inches high. Much larger than my current one!

I'm still a little conflicted and would really appreciate if anyone could also post pictures of their cage(s). Thank you all!

Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Thank you both for replying! My birds do get a lot of out of cage time, usually the majority of the morning and all afternoon. I also try to let them out during the evening too but it's hard because I also have a cat and they have to be out at different times, never together.

I found a great deal for the Hagen cage on amazon, it's a little expensive but I think it will work. I can't really have anything larger than it anyway, it is pretty big in my opinion, 31 inches long 17 inches wide and 22 inches high. Much larger than my current one!

I'm still a little conflicted and would really appreciate if anyone could also post pictures of their cage(s). Thank you all!

Name
    Clive
    Thanks

I like the idea of going as big as you can afford and have room for.
    I am sure from what I have found with recaging birds they normally step straight into the lager up grade and seem to be happy about it.
    I do not have any small cages, but do have this pics of ones that a bird came in with, after I made changes to branches.

Your birds see things in a different way to you. And you do need some room for things like toys food and water bowels Branches.
    Last edited by clawnz; 02-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.
    R.I.P my little ones.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I love the natural branches in the bird cage Clive, that has to be so comfy on there feet.

With the Hagen cage the plastic on the bottom will help stop all the seeds and fluff from flying all over the place and if it is a good deal I would go for it. Maybe one day when you have room for a bigger cage you can upgrade it then. I am happy they can get out and fly around during the daytime and I wouldn't let them out with a cat in my house either.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Thank you for those pictures Clive! I definitely love the idea of natural wood branches!

Deanna, I do love that the Hagen cage has a plastic seed guard. My little birds are so messy! I think I might go for it One day though I definitely want to upgrade and possibly add a few more birds

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I think the size and dimensions of the Hagen will work well. I also like the setup that Clive has with the real branches. I'm going to try real branches this spring, because they are much more natural and better for our bird's feet. I'd love to see a pic of the cage with your birds in it after you get it.

In the last few years cage prices have really increased, but I do believe that in the end, a better quality cage is the best one to consider because they will last much longer.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Thanks

Searching for the perfect

Hii.

I started the bкta since the release. But id like to buy the deluxe version of the game in Steam, and i would like to know how can save my datas from the beta to the full game ? Is it possible ?

Thanks you for the answers.

Remove Ads