Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: I want to commit suicide because I screwed up in college

Name
    Anna
    Thanks

I want to commit suicide because I screwed up in college

I just graduated from college with my Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology and I have a very low cumulative GPA because I did horribly during my freshman and sophomore years. I got straight As during my last three semesters of college, but it was too late to bring up my GPA. I would do anything to go back in time and fix the mistakes I made. Now, I'll never be able to get into a Masters program. Jobs in my field are highly competitive and require at least a Masters degree. I am interested in pursuing a career as an environmental archaeologist, a museum curator, or a research assistant for a nonprofit organization dealing with sustainability and public health. I feel like my life is over and I will never be successful. I am planning to jump off a bridge or a tall building, or get eaten by animals this weekend. How should I commit suicide so that security guards will not rescue me? I live in New York City.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 1,224 Posts

Re: I want to commit suicide because I screwed up in college

Anna, You are one of millions of people on this earth who have beautiful Spirits. We all are human and make mistakes in our lives. But there are always opportunities for us to succeed in life. You can be very proud that you graduated from college with your Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology. That is a very difficult study and you succeeded. We do not know what the future holds for us, nor do we ever want to go back and try to live life over again.

You know, I only live my life for this very moment. I don't look back nor do I look into the future. You are already "successful" in life no matter whether you judge yourself to be. There may be a new door open in your field of interest one day that you never thought would be open to you.

Education is a wonderful tool for each of us. However, our lives are precious and worth much more than a job, or a degree, or a career. You were meant to be born and to have a journey on this earth with God/Universe/Spirit. We all are here to learn lessons. You have already learned lessons with your college experience. And they will be valuable to you as you take each day, one day at a time, and have positive thoughts and create for yourself positive energy.

There are many hotlines that you can dial in your area. The people who are sitting taking calls are all educated to speak with any person who is feeling depressed like you are at this time in your life. They CAN and WILL help you.

Please consider picking up your cell phone, or land line phone right this minute and either dial your emergency number in your area, or dial the hotlines that are provided for folks who may be thinking of ending their lives.

You are so very young and have your whole life ahead of you. You have already accomplished so much in your college studies that right now you cannot quite see or understand. And your life and Spirit are precious . . . to your family, your friends, your loved ones, and to ME! I do not know you personally, but I can only imagine how beautiful you are in person. I have four beautiful granddaughters who are ages 25, 22, 10, and 9. And they are beautiful just like you are.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step. Pick up your cell phone or any phone and dial the suicide hotline, or your local emergency number. Do not be afraid of the people who you speak to. They are highly educated in their field of expertise, just as you are educated in the field you have studied. Just talking to them will help you sort out your thoughts that you are having right now.

Look up one of my favorite poems on the web. Google: "Footprints". That poem will be of great solace for you, because the words are very meaningful for any person who has ever felt alone and unable to know which way to turn in life.

I will be praying for you, and even though I have never met you personally, I love you. I know that things will work out for you. And I know the folks on the hotline can help you and direct you to highly educated people who will talk with you as long as you need them to talk, so you can share your thoughts with them.
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-23-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Name
    Tracy
    Thanks

Re: I want to commit suicide because I screwed up in college

A high GPA may be a useful tool for getting into more advanced programs, but it's not the be all and end all. Another path will open up for you. There are plenty of happy, successful people out there who got lousy GPA's or didn't go to college at all. Now please pick up the phone right now as Maxollie said and talk to a live person who can talk you through this. Not getting the GPA/college/career path you wanted is a temporary glitch in the journey of life.

Remove Ads