+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble registering?

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Re: Having trouble registering?

If you give me a username and email address, I'll create an account for you, and then email you the details so you can login and change the password.

coyotegirl52

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    If you give me a username and email address, I'll create an account for you, and then email you the details so you can login and change the password.
    Coyotegirl52 Coyotegirl52@yahoo.com
    Please create an account!

ladylib6344@yahoo.com

I can't seem to get registered.
    Keeps saying wrong password and I have it wrote down and use the password for most everything .

ladylib6344.

Have been trying for two days to get registered. Keeps saying wrong password. I have been using my password for ages. I am in several yahoo groups. I have had my email address yor years and years,so it is legit.
    I am not a spammer.
    My patience is wearig very thin,because it is the same thing over and over. The links are leading me nowhere.At my age,72,that is expected. I get cranky,exactly like my Tiel with an attitude.

Apostate and Maleficar First Clutch Hatching... Community Moderator Kiara's Avatar
    Name
    Kiara
    Thanks

What's your user name on the board?

Because ladylib6344@yahoo.com isn't bringing anything up. Neither is Ladylib6344

Unregistered

I need a referral???

Unregistered

Hi. I would like to join this forum as I adore my two parrots but dont know what to write at the referral box. I just came across this wonderful forum while finally questioning why my little girl greencheek quacks all the time.
    Thankyou Justine

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 1,156 Posts

I do not think you would need a referral to join. Answer all the other questions and try again. Since it is holiday, it may take a little longer for the moderator to answer your concern. As to the quacking, female birds tend to make those noises.

Apostate and Maleficar First Clutch Hatching... Community Moderator Kiara's Avatar
    Name
    Kiara
    Thanks

You do not need a referral. You can leave that space blank.

Unregistered

asking for refferer and won't accept blank or my name or"self" or Nobody. won't let me register

Unregistered - Sam

Please help! I’ve tried to register 5 times but it always cites spam concerns. I just want to register to get advice about my 13 year old budgie.

Unregistered - Sam

My 13 (almost 14) year old female budgie has been in a cage with a male all her life. They never bred. She was placed in a cage with a ‘new’ male about two years ago and the original male was in a cage next to hers. Two months ago the original male passed away. I had no idea she knew he was ill but she did. The fond goodbye she said to him at the vet was tear jerking. Now, two months later I find the new male mounting her. I think it was the first time... I have separated them as (I think) she is far too old for babies... what else should I do? Breeding box just in case?

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

If your budgie is in good health, the match just may work. What diet have you fed the 13 year old over the years? Has she had plenty of cuttlebone, and a good seed mix with vitamins? The one concern you would have is if she could not lay eggs due to he'd being calcium deficient, and the egg shell would not be hard enough for her to push out the egg. This would cause egg binding, which is life threatening, and you would need to rush her to a vet. She may die from this problem.

I would suggest you call an Avian vet in your area, and ask them the same question about her age, and allowing her to mate. They should be willing to answer you.

Unregistered

Many thanks. She came to us as a rescue and despite offering her a varied diet, she only eats seeds, carrot and snow peas. Nothing else. When she cameyo us it was just seed. 😔
    I did contact her vet and am hoping to hear back. I hope that nothing came if the behaviour but am I breaking her heart by separating her from her mate?

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Well, see what the vet has to say, and then make your decision. I have homed budgies for many years. On occasion I have had to separate a pair, because even though they are not as old, I simply do not want to be into breeding. I have found that getting a couple of small mirrors, at a pet shop, and putting them on the end of a couple of perches in the cage, will make a single budgie a happy camper! My budgies love their mirror girlfriend and boyfriend. They totally take the place of a real budgie! And then, you would not have to worry you could lose your 13 year old budgie. You can set the cages side by side. That's what I do!!!

I think the carrots and peas and seeds is a good diet for her. It is a possibility she might start laying eggs in a separate cage as well. Of course they will be infertile, but do not throw them out. Place them in the corner of the cage bottom, on a folded piece of paper towel, and let her nest with them until 21 days have passed from laying the last eggs, or, until she abandons the eggs, or no longer pays attention to them. If you throw them away sooner, she will almost immediately replace them. Egg laying is stressful, so you do not want that to happen.
    Last edited by maxollie; 05-23-2018 at 01:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Remove Ads