Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Bird Boarding

Name
    Clive
    Thanks

Bird Boarding

We were discussing the live streaming of the bird room and different options. Cameras that is. And to stop the problem with cables will look at wireless cams.
    And taking yet another step with the bird boarding and keeping owners in touch with how their Fids are doing while they are at a boarding facility. Instead of my taking pics and emailing or texting, we go live cams.
    Well wireless cams are now cheap as and can be accessed by an IP address when linked to a router.
    So how about a dedicated cam on the bird, so that the owner can log into the IP address and look right at their bird any time they wish.
    I think this is a fantastic idea, I know I would be very happy myself, to be able to look at my bird. for the future boarding, and I am guessing there could also be audio. But this may work as out going only unless someone asked if they could speak to the buddy.
    R.I.P my little ones.

Name
    Lillian
    Thanks

Re: Bird Boarding

Wow that sounds like a great idea Clive. I think I would love to see my bird if it was being boarded. I would be assured of care that way.

Name
    Tracy
    Thanks

Great idea!! I've read so many horror stories, not about birds, but about dog boarding places and having this service should give owners peace of mind.

I remember the first time I boarded Birdi Lou. I'd only had her 6 months. I had a recommendation for this lady, and I had no qualms about her because of who had given the recommendation, but I still felt so horrible when I handed over my darling bird. I did not visit the boarder as she didn't live close, but instead met her in the parking lot of the avian vet. She later phoned me to let me know Birdi Lou was settling in well and having a great time. But I am well aware of the anxiety you feel when you hand over your pet for the first time. Your idea is brilliant!!

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 1,267 Posts

That is a great idea, Clive. I think it would be awesome to be able to look in on my birds if I had to board them.

Remove Ads