where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rump of Roseicollis

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

Rump of Roseicollis

Hi, I have a chick in the nest (wild colored) and his rump seems a different blue of all the other I own, I wonder if that can lead me to know if a mutation is hiding in his DNA.

The color of his rump looks more like the blue of a "fischeri"

male "green, orange face" female "wild type", they gave me 2 "pallid" and this green with odd blue rump, if anyone have an answer

thanks
    Last edited by ketcha; 08-30-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Name
    Clive
    Thanks

Re: Rump of Roseicollis

Hi Stephane.
    Welcome to the forum.
    I know very little about Lovebirds , so have to leave this to other members to try and help you.
    It may help them if you can also post a picture.
    R.I.P my little ones.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

For my bird :

but the pictures are not really speaking, maybe the sun...

It's more that kind of blue :

And, of course, my bird is not a hybrid with a fischeri
    Last edited by ketcha; 08-30-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,296 Posts

Hi Stephane and welcome to the community! What a precious and beautiful little bird you have. I don't know much about this particular species, but I would think if you google the following: mutations of Roseicollis, you should be able to see some pictures. Do stop back often and give us updates. I already fell in love with this precious little bird!

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

I can't find anything, I think maybe he host something like "blue" or "turquoise" in his DNA but here it's 3:30 in the morning zzzzzzz, tomorrow I'll send more pics of all the family-bird (lovebirds cockatiel and senegal parrot)

you can see a part of the birds here :

http://roseicollis.superforum.fr/t13630-ketchaga

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

You do have a very beautiful lovebird. It looks like it has a little pied color in its blue rump and tail to me but I am not even close to a expert about lovebirds. The deep dark blue purple in the last one is beautiful as well and I think I remember one of our expert breeders loving it when he had that deep blue/purple colors in his babies he had.

Thanks for the link to the site where the pictures of your birds and the aviary are posted on. Your lovebirds are beautiful and the babies with the black beaks are always my favorite to look at. I am in love with your aviary and to see such beautiful lovebirds outside with all the green around them is just something I would love to see. I am surprised the lovebirds and cockatiels get along together because usually lovebirds are such bossy birds that they end up fighting with other breeds when left together like your flock.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

I'll send picture later, be prepared

Never had any trouble with lovebirds and cockatiel they have their own space in the aviary, they're not close friends nor enemies, just making their own lives without bethering themselves

For the last picture it's not my bird, but for the first 2 there's no pied color that's for sure

My darling-dog told me to tell you that she's upset that you don't find her as beautiful as the birds) "the black dog from the french site"

If you want to see them, come here, it's not too far, no more than millions miles I think lol build a raft

pictures to come...
    Last edited by ketcha; 08-30-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Tell your big cute dog I did notice her right away and she is a cutie. Dogs are a animal that I adore and I am sad I did not mention how cute she was in my first post. I love big dogs!

I wished I could build a raft and paddle over to France but it sure would take me a million days to paddle all the way over there

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

My dog thx you

I'll try to send the pictures as quikly as I can
    Last edited by ketcha; 08-31-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Such gorgeous pics! (including your dog . . is it a black lab by chance?)

Like Deanna, I just LOVE your aviary and setup. Are you a professional breeder, or are you just doing this for a hobby? You have that aviary set up perfectly. I especially like the nests that the babies are in. Did you put some special nesting material in them, or how did you make them look like they do?

And I also LOVE the cockatiels. I am a "cockatiel and budgie" lover, first, but love all birds! It looks like the baby yellow cockatiel could be a lutino, or perhaps a lutino pied, although there is alot of yellow feathering.

I'd love to see a pic of the parronts of the lovebird babies, or an explanation as to what their mutation might be.

Thank you for sharing. I'll just send myself over to your home by "e-mail"!! That will be much faster! It looks to be beautiful scenery there in France. Keep up the awesome work!

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

Hi,

for the dog it's a mix of Lab and Husky, at least it's what the woman told me, but I see more a Lab than the other

No, I'm not a professional I breed them just by pleasure and to fix ''wild type'' or "standard" mutation without mix of species or mix of mutations

For the nest I put branches of "hazel" wood for the birds who build nest (they built it by themselves), for the birds who didn't I put dry herbs directly in the nest.

For the baby lutino cockatiel it's in fact a quail lol nice try, (I know I'm nasty)

For the babies lovebirds the father is green with orange face and the mother a classic green type so the the father must be hosting "pallid" mutation

thanks
    Last edited by ketcha; 08-31-2014 at 12:36 PM.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I would have thought it was a baby cockatiel as well, how funny it is a quail.

Thank you for posting all the great pictures and your aviary is just amazing to me, it is so beautiful and your birds all look to be in perfect shape. The aviary is so well set up I am still very surprised they all get along so good together being mixed species and especially because they have babies in the aviary as well. Your lovebirds just make me smile. To me no bird is as cute as a lovebird and them baby lovies always grab my heart with there cute little black beaks.

Your dog is one handsome dog and your right I see a lot of lab in it. Is it a boy or a girl? I got to wonder what it thinks of your birds when they all start to chatter away.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

I separate the youngs when they're 2 month old in the breeding season, when there's no breeding everyone stay together

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I could see lab because my son has a lab/husky mix. Sadly, Ellie (their lab) began having seizures this summer so now she is on medication for the rest of her life. However, it is working, and she hasn't had one since she started the meds. It is educating to find that their are many diseases and medical challenges for animals as well as for humans.