where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaspa - my beautiful girl

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Re: Jaspa - my beautiful girl

Thanks for sharing the pics of Jaspa.. She was a beauty! By looking at the pics, I can tell that you two were inseparable. Sending you hugs.
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Thanks you guys. Two weeks on and still feel Jaspa's loss and the tears still flow - the hardest time is coming home after work and the weekends.

I want to post a special moment I had with Olli (my 3 year old male tiel) tonight when hubby was out - Olli was sitting on my shoulder and I had tears rolling down my face thinking of Jaspa not being with us and he snuggled in near my face and put his beak up to wipe one of my tears - so sweet of him. They really do light up your life.

Yes Clive and I had a great chat on the phone a week ago (we live in the same city!) and gave me some great tips and yes, Clive, I would love to come and visit you and your birds sometime - will get back in touch after our holiday :-)
    Last edited by Jaspa; 09-24-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Tiels Gabi (RIP Aug 2011 - 3 yrs) and Jaspa (RIP Sept 2014 - 12 yrs); Tiel Olli (3 yrs)
    Budgies Sam and Zakie - RIP

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 1,267 Posts

Thinking of you, today, Karen, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I definitely know that our birds pick up on our emotions. It was sooooo sweet of Olli to wipe one of your tears away with his beak.

Sending you a big hug

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I remember walking into my house was the hardest after Boomer died as well. Loving a bird is truly special and that kind of love will hurt you for a long time when you lose them. How sweet that Olli wiped your tears for you. Birds are such sweethearts and without a doubt I know they can feel our sadness and do their bests to try to cheer you up.

I would love to go to Clive's house and hang out with his flock, that is a bird lovers dream come true.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Oh yes I'm looking forward to visiting Clive and his flock in a month or so (Clive I'll get in touch when we get back!).

Coming home each night after work is hard but then not coming home to the memories of her being here would also be difficult. I'm sure the deep hurt we feel is because we love them so much and they are more than birds to us.

We are getting another tiel in November from Olli's breeder (a male this time) as Olli needs company and I think getting another bird is a good focus and help the healing process. He's fully weaned and ready now but we're going away for a few weeks so the breeder is going to keep him for us but we're taking a cage over for him this weekend for him to get used to (a really good idea). The only spare cage of course is Jaspa's day cage, I thought it was a good idea on the phone and Im sure Jaspa would be honoured but now having emotional issues of letting her cage go from our house for a few weeks so I think we will get the new baby his own cage on Saturday and keep Jaspa's as is for now. We're calling him Codi (I think) and he's a whiteface.

Tiels Gabi (RIP Aug 2011 - 3 yrs) and Jaspa (RIP Sept 2014 - 12 yrs); Tiel Olli (3 yrs)

Name
    Clive
    Thanks

@ Karen.
    Got yer. Be safe and will see you after your trip.
    Thank you for posting on that other thread.
    R.I.P my little ones.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 1,267 Posts

Awww! That is such great news, Karen. And taking the new cage to the breeder for Codi (if you do decide on this name) is a great idea. I totally agree about the cage. I feel that getting a new cage is best. You are still mourning the loss of Jaspa, and if I were you, I would not be able to look into Jaspa's cage and see another little bird. It is always a good idea to have an extra cage if need be.

I'll be looking for updates, as well as "an arrival notice" when Codi comes home with you! I love that name if you choose it!

Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Thanks Ellen and Clive :-) We did get another cage today along with tee tree branches, a new swing, some new toys and put in a hemp rope perch I had leftover and taking it to the breeders early tomorrow. The new cage is slightly smaller than Jaspa and Olli's day cages so he might end up in Jaspa's cage down the track but for now he can have his own new cage. I didn't have a problem putting Olli in Gabi's cage but Jaspa is a bit different. I will try and see if I can take a picture of Codi tomorrow.

Name
    Carolyn
    Thanks

Karen,
    I love the name of Codi. Looking forward to seeing pics of the new arrival in November. I think Olli will enjoy the company and you had great luck with Olli's breeder. I think Olli will teach Codi some songs like Hi Ho Hi Ho... Off to work we go.. I'm so excited for you!!
    Tango / White Faced Pied Male: Hatched on October 09, 2011 - Homed on April 28, 2012.

Tiels:
    Bows / Normal Gray Hen: 1976 - 1984
    Caesar / Normal Gray Male: 1977 - 1994
    Piper / Lutino Hen: 1994 - 2010
    Woodstock / Normal Gray Male: 2004 - 2011

Name
    Tracy
    Thanks

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beautiful and sweet birdie.

The hardest is looking at the places they used to hang out.

Remove Ads