Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: getting a IRN

Thanks

getting a IRN

hi everyone most of you know i am getting a grey well i am getting a irn too. i would like to hear from some people that have these birds what are they like. i hear different things from people so just trying to get more info.i am getting a blue male i have always loved the blue ones. some say they are great birds some say they are not some say they are loud some say not really that loud. any info you can tell me about your experience with them would be great

Thanks

Re: getting a IRN

Hi, I have three IRN. None of them are tame, they live outside in an aviary all year round. I read or hear all and the contrary on these birds.

Some people say IRN are no nice pets, but you can see videos on "youtube" with birds who are very close to their owners. I guess when they hand-fed and have a "physical" relation with their owners they can be great pets.

When you say some people say they are loud, I read the same thing, but for what I can notice with my birds, they are not that loud.
    I have lovebirds and Senegal parrots, and in comparison, for me IRN are quieter than my lovies or Senegal.

When I say they are quiter than my lovies, I mean they have a louder voice but they use it less often.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    Hi, I have three IRN. None of them are tame, they live outside in an aviary all year round. I read or hear all and the contrary on these birds.

Some people say IRN are no nice pets, but you can see videos on "youtube" with birds who are very close to their owners. I guess when they hand-fed and have a "physical" relation with their owners they can be great pets.

When you say some people say they are loud, I read the same thing, but for what I can notice with my birds, they are not that loud.
    I have lovebirds and Senegal parrots, and in comparison, for me IRN are quieter than my lovies or Senegal.

When I say they are quiter than my lovies, I mean they have a louder voice but they use it less often.
    thank you my baby is hand feed so going to be tame and i have had a lovie before so i know how they sound

Name
    Kaitlin
    Thanks

Hi, I have 3 IRNs 2 aviary ones and one handraised boy. He is an absolute sweetheart, and a joy to be around. They're very playful and cuddly but can also be a little moody. Some can be a little bitey especially in the bluffing stage, so if yours goes to bite or does bite don't pull your hand away from him or he'll learn that biting gets rid of the hand and we don't want that! They can be noisy I think it depends on the bird though. My boy is quiet most of the time but gets very very loud at dinner time. All in all ringnecks are great birds to own.

Remove Ads