where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: so many vet trips

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

so many vet trips

Firstly mum accidently stood on Milo and broke what would be his wrist bone, He gets too excited and stands close to her and she didnt see him in dark, So he was in bandages. Then after he recovered, He yelped in pain badly and was back to the vets, because his adomoen was hurting him and they said his spleen moved, Dunno if he twisted wrong or something because he was fine like a day or so after and is still fine, but watching him.

Then both cats been at the vets because bladder infections because they are so stressed with the male cat next door, Under my desk smells like cat pee , dont blame them. But washed carpet like 3-4times and stink still not gone.. So dunno if the carpet there gonna need to be replaced, Is a shame since new carpet already, Parents are mad.. But yeah not cats fault so kinda wish they would chill. And kinda mums fault for not doing anything sooner when she saw Bella pee infront of her.

But yeah i had to pay for my cats vet bill, least new vet is better and they are better priced too and nicer to my animals hehe had to hold Bella down so antibotics could be injected because she refused to stay on examination table. o.o I hate needles was surprised I could even look.

But they vet who looked after my cats is an avain vet too, and has same name as me which kinda funny o.o But yeah suppose thats the choas of last few weeks. Might get that vet to give frodo general check up as well. Make sure hes all good I am sure he is, but I think a check up be good idea anyways

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: so many vet trips

I hope you dog is going to be OK and his spleen will be OK and you will not have it taken out. I had to have one of my dogs spleen removed when he was around 4 years old and we really had to watch him because his body could not fight off infections without his spleen. Happily he lived to be a old man of almost 14 years old before we had to put him to sleep. He was a big Rottweiler so for having a no spleen he lived a good long life.

Bad cats! Cat pee is the worse and it is so hard to get the odor out when they pee on the carpet like yours did.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    I hope you dog is going to be OK and his spleen will be OK and you will not have it taken out. I had to have one of my dogs spleen removed when he was around 4 years old and we really had to watch him because his body could not fight off infections without his spleen. Happily he lived to be a old man of almost 14 years old before we had to put him to sleep. He was a big Rottweiler so for having a no spleen he lived a good long life.

Bad cats! Cat pee is the worse and it is so hard to get the odor out when they pee on the carpet like yours did.
    Yeah he seems fine hes eight years old. And yeah cleaned carpet with carpet cleaner and deodoriser and still not going away. It might have sunk into too deep. Probably if had noticed sooner. I know its not anywhere else but under desk

Name
    Charlie
    Thanks

white vinegar mixed with water 50/50 mix kills cat pee smells .... you need to soak the carpet with the solution scrub with a brush then pat dry its the amonia from the urine thats still stuck in the carpet what your smelling.

Poor cats and dog though! xx
    Gone from our sight, But never our memories, Gone from our touch, But never our hearts

Princess Leia - Storm - - Yoda - Hunny & Suga

Odin Poppy Pheobe Spice Frodo Ari

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Tarryn
    Thanks

mum was gonna try white vinger and water told her to a few times and she seemed unsure if was good idea, but now she will I think
    already had soaked carpet , carpet was soaked 3 times with carpet cleaner, water, and pet deodoriser. It took 3 times to get most the smell, But think its still slight smell but I cant smell it as easily as before.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    carol
    Thanks

Give him all your attention and care. Since he has recovered fully, give him swimming trips/break instead of vet trips. Swimming is very beneficial it seems. I read this in an article http://www.soldapools.com/blog/swimm...-for-your-dog/. Do post the updates. On a cautious note never leave your dog unnoticed and it should be under your voice control

Banned Brand New Egg
    Name
    Aka
    Thanks

Poor cats and dog though! xx
    จีคลับคาสิโน

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Joey Bosteen
    Thanks