where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: I am alive...

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

I am alive...

I know, not been here in a long time. Sorry. My grandmother's issues I posted about back in Sept required me being down there with her until Dec 15th. Some days I didn't even have time to make food, so I had to buy microwave pasta I could shove in for a minute and wolf down in between being caregiver. Medications, shots, physical therapy, meal preparation. And way, way too much math for me! She's diabetic, type 2, so her insulin production in her body is in flux. One day her glucose would be fine on 40g of carbs, another day eating the same exact food it would tank or shoot up. So, I had to start trying to rotate it around her glucose readings. One night it took an hour and 100g of sugary carbs to bring her glucose back up to safe levels. She ended up having to move into my Aunt's, since my mom couldn't give her the amount of care she needed.

To get her moved over, we had tear out the floor/ceiling in a room at my Aunt's and rebuild the whole thing. Tile the floors, paint the walls. Fix the roof, cause it was leaking. And work on some of the electrical. Plus, my Aunt's ex-housemate was a hoarder, who died and left ALL her junk. Her daughter went through it and threw it all in the yard. So, we had to pick up 20 years of a hoarder's stash out of the yard. An entire outside car garage stacked from floor to ceiling (8-9ft tall, probably 10ft or more across) and every inch filled later, the yard was clean. Three women, no help, 55, 62 and 29. We did it though. haha

So... that's why I wasn't around from Sept - Dec.

Then... I get home on the 15th, on the 25th my spouse tells me while we're out for Christmas dinner that he thinks we should divorce. All my savings account was just drained away on my grandmother's care for 3 months. It's winter, snowing, ice and really bad conditions for driving the animals back down to Florida. And instead of telling me while I was down there, so I could have worked on a job and all that then come back up to get stuff when I was able, he waited til Christmas. Urgh. So, the last month has been trying to get everything settled so I can pack up the rabbits and bird and drive back to my mom's place, where she'll let me stay in her spare room til I am set up. 3 weeks of it was trying to get my car fixed, cause the mechanics kept saying "It'll be done" and then "Oh, well, that part didn't fix it ... let me order another one" ...

Sooooo, sorry I haven't been around. But, life has been hectic.

Name
    Clive
    Thanks

Re: I am alive...

Oh! Marrie!
    That really sucks.
    I'll say no more here, but PM you.
    R.I.P my little ones.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,280 Posts

Hi Marrie and welcome back to the forum! My heart really hurts for you because you have been through so much in the last few months. I would suggest you remember what a special person you are and how you cared so much for your grandmother, and helped take care of her at a time when she really needed you. And also, remember that you are a good person no matter what. There are couples and significant others for whatever reason, cannot continue on their journey together. However, I believe there comes a time when perhaps it is best for each to take a right turn and begin another journey alone, until or if such time there may be another person that will enter your life that you will find happiness and joy.

I admire your mom for allowing you to settle in with her until such time as you can get your job status back in order and find a nice place for you, the rabbits and your birds.

I'm sending you (((((hugs)))). You take care, and we will welcome you back here on the forum anytime. I have missed your posts about your pets.

Administrator Tailfeather Community Administrator
    Name
    Marie
    Thanks

Thanks guys. Mostly just a pain having to get everything going so fast. And figuring out the legal divorce documents, which are seriously made more complicated than they need to be!

I'll probably stay with my mom for a bit and help her pay off her land (she only owes a few thousand more) before I move. And I will be able to help care for my grandmother more, so that's a plus. My main concern with it all is having the bird and rabbits in a home with 9 cats and 3 dogs. :S But, I am having her install latches on the door so I can latch it when I leave/enter. Her great dane can open the house doors, so it has to be able to be locked from inside and outside.

I will be netless though, as she is currently changing her ISP over... so not sure when I can get back on.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,280 Posts

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. We will always welcome you back. Godspeed!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am sorry Marie and hopefully in time things will get better. It will all work out one day and you will look back at all this stuff happening and be thankful that you made it through it all. Bless you for taking such great care of your grandma and as for your husband, that is so mean of him to tell you at Christmas when you already settled back into your house. I truly am sorry for all the things that have happened and in time it will be good again for you. Thanos and the bunnies will get use to the new house and you will have them to help you be happy when you are home with them. Sending you a big hug and look forward to having you back here when you can come back.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads