where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A growing house

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Re: A growing house

Awww!!! Now that is great news!! Lovebirds are completely different from budgies. They are full of mischief, and quite loud and vocal. I think you are going to have a great journey with him. Please keep us posted. You are one special bird lover!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Kat
    Thanks

I have found that the little one is very quiet actually and sleeps every half hour to every hour atleast for ten to fifteen minutes which I'm hoping doesn't mean anything bad and maybe just due to it being a young baby adjusting to a new environment. Today we made progress on trust and being more adjusted to home by being held in a small warm and fuzzy blanket and given individual bunches of millet and parakeet food since I noticed that he wasn't eating much of the lovebird seed and pellet (fruity looking food), he instantly took to the new food with a fast eating and demolishing of the millet and new seed. I do plan on finding some suitable smaller seeded food made for lovebirds so that he won't eat the parakeet food but for atleast a few days he might be given the food along with the regular I put in there in the first place. He has a sweet and shy attitude with people but when I put on some tunes this bird does one of two things, either it relaxes him to sleep or makes him chirp with glee and run around excited. I plan tomorrow (MY BIRTHDAY!) to try some different music styles and artist to see what kind he might enjoy the best.

A question to anyone who has a lovebird, do they like to cuddle with you when you take them out or is it just something that my lovey is doing? Every time I move him away from my body he gets antsy and takes a leap of faith into my chest or runs from wherever he is to under my chin.... is it due to him being scared or is it a feeling protected and wanting to cuddle thing?

One very important thing is what should I do about getting his band off his leg! I don't know if it's very visible in the picture but he has a green plastic band on his one leg but it doesn't seem to have any numbers or letters on it, also it's way too tight on his little leg and he fidgets with it a lot so I was looking into places to get it removed in my area for cheap or free. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Happy, Happy birthday to you!! Have an awesome day tomorrow.

I've never homed lovebirds, so will let the owners make comments. From what you write about him, it sounds to me like he is displaying typical lovebird behavior. I think the parakeet seed is fine for now, until you find one you like.

Being so young, and also new to your home, I think the naps are normal. As I have to say one more time, you just have a very natural gift of taking care of all birds. We will watch for updates.
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Remove Ads