where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Stephane's roseicollis 2017

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Re: Stephane's roseicollis 2017

No in the winter the weather is perfect over here! The lowest it reaches is around 9C. And it rains just a bit in the winter. In the summer it never rains, and gets to around 50C

But AC is good here

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

What is your country Muhammad?

Deanna, even if didn't like snow you must live a wonderful place, I have always dreamed to cross the mountains of California from north to south on foot, you don't need to say it, I know I'm crazy

Generally I don't go too often on french forums but today someone said that this winter will be a hard one, I didn't trust it because the news say that every winter but today I had to use hot water to dislodge the ice from the waterers, I'm starting to fear February as it is our colder month, today I had 5C (41F) in the house.

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    What is your country Muhammad?

Deanna, even if didn't like snow you must live a wonderful place, I have always dreamed to cross the mountains of California from north to south on foot, you don't need to say it, I know I'm crazy

Generally I don't go too often on french forums but today someone said that this winter will be a hard one, I didn't trust it because the news say that every winter but today I had to use hot water to dislodge the ice from the waterers, I'm starting to fear February as it is our colder month, today I had 5C (41F) in the house.
    Kuwait Desert country. Located in the Middle East near Saudi Arabia.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

You have beautiful birds in both of your countries!!!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

I hope it warms up a little bit for you Stephane. I hope the birds are ok with their drinking water. That wold be hard having to take the ice out regularly from it. Funnily enough, I've been complaining about the heat here, and for the past two days it was freezing cold all of a sudden and apparently snowed somewhere nearby. On the 3rd day of summer! lol. I think this snow must have lowered the temperature and it was raining heavily all weekend as well. But today, the heat returned a little, but not as bad, its more mild, but I expect it will warm up even more again next week.

-20 degrees is definitely freezing cold, I have never experienced that temperature. What area of France do you live? How come you increase the sunflower % on colder days? Is it for the fat in it to help them be warm?

I agree with Deanna I think I would not be able to stop myself from getting birds from you Stephane, they are so so cute and so colourful and pretty. I think this dream of crossing the mountains in California by foot is awesome!

It's interesting this white ring on the peach faces, but makes them look so pretty too. Deanna, Truckee sounds like a really cold place. Thats not good you lost power for two weeks, I'm glad you have a generator but I do hope you get power back again soon. I have been getting nice history lessons on America from you and Ellen on here I did not know about this Donner party or about this Peyton Place that was mentioned previously either.

Thank goodness you have AC Muhammad, I think it would get really hot there in Kuwait, 50 degrees sounds like extreme heat, if you were referring to Celsius. I can barely handle 25 degrees. My background is Moroccan and was able to visit once many years ago, but not in summer just between winter and spring and I'm always told to go and visit one day in the summer there, but my Mom and I who prefer the cold do not want to sweat through a holiday there lol and we've been told it is really hot and humid there in summer, possibly similar to where you are.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

I live in Auvergne in the little mountains in the center of France, well known for their dormant volcanoes, you're right for the sunflower, it's for the fat the seeds contains.

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Lol yes I was talking about Celsius :P Here in Kuwait, it really isn't humid, but very very HOT. Just imagine playing soccer in 40 C Gosh it's addictive but very very exhausting.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Stephane, it sounds like you live in a beautiful place, and all the pictures of your birdies with the backgrounds nature around it looks so nice like the quiet countryside. But perhaps scary with the volcanos. That is interesting with the sunflower I did not think about that during the winter time here, but with mine they seemed to be more hormonal in the cold, so probably better to not have given more sunflower.

Muhammad, that would definitely be exhausting to play sports in the hot heat. I'm glad its not to humid, Hot weather is nice when it has been cold for so long but without humidity, as that just makes the heat sickening. wow 50 degrees Celsius! I have no words lol, I would never be able to cope. Hopefully the lack of humidity makes it more easier to bare.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    You have beautiful birds in both of your countries!!!

I agree with this!

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Lol I'm used to it now though. Been here for a while

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Stephane I too have your dream of hiking the tops of the mountain here and wished I had that dream when I was young because it is possible to do it if you put your heart into it. My step brother has hiked the Pacific Crest Trail all the way from the bottom of California to Mt Shasta. If only I did hikes with him when we were both young because I would have done it with him.

I just love how all of us live in such far away places and we get to sit here and talk on a bird forum. The internet is something that has brought our world together and its so cool the love for birds has brought all of here. I am in awe just reading this one page here that we have a person from France, Kuwait, Australia and of course me and Ellen the Americans.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Just a side note, I'm not from Kuwait just living here :P

But yes the Internet is an amazing thing

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

10 of my babies are leaving to a show tomorrow during 2 days, can't keep everyone but it's always Heart breaking, I'm going to sell the 'real price) so maybe I will sell no one!

While aging I'm becoming too tender, I said 'yes' to put birds in show, I will practice the real European price to be sure to not sell them, I know I'm ridiculous!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Lol Stephane... I hope you selling them for the big Euro price works and no one buys one of your babies. I could never ever have baby birds and then have to sell them especially your gorgeous lovebirds you had this year.

But then if you sell them for a huge amount of money maybe that will give the buyer more incentive to take better care of there very expensive gorgeous lovebird baby of yours.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

Maybe if you wear a Santa Suit, you will get LOTS of money from the sale!! On the other hand, maybe the prospective buyers will think you will give them away!!! And ideally, you can just bring all of them back home!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Remove Ads