where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Troublemakers!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    christian
    Thanks

Troublemakers!

I used to own a pair of lutino fisher lovebirds. I also owned two English budgies. One day I come home from work and discover my budgies dead and a trail of blood in their cage. It turns out my lovebirds know how's to get in and out of their cages. I discovered some blood in their cage too. It is my belief that the lovebirds went on the attack and killed my budgies. Yes I have seen my lovebirds getting in and out of their cage, when I was not in sight. Actually helping each other out. Beware of your so called lovebirds.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Troublemakers!

I am sorry this happened to your Budgies How horrible it must of been to see nothing but a trail of blood and blood in the lovebird cage too. I have always heard lovebirds were super mean and would kill other birds but yours are the first know that really did it. Boomer was awful and very mean to any birds he ever came into contact with. So much so it is the way we actually ended up with him. He was my sisters bird first and Boomer would constantly attack her Amazon parrot! Thank goodness Mango the Amazon was patient and never attacked back. My sister was going to give Boomer to a rescue so I decided to take him home to live out his life as a "loner" bird because he just wasn't ever nice to any other birds we tried to set him up with.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    christian
    Thanks

I decided to give them away. Making buyer fully aware of their behavior. I still love lovebirds, but just to destructive and get bored very quickly, unless you give them stuff to do.

Name
    Sammy
    Thanks

Christian, I'm so sorry. That would be a horrible experience. I am not sure why lovies can be so aggressive to other species. Those bigger beaks can do a lot of damage very quickly unfortunately. Sending my sympathy for your situation.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I used to own a pair of lutino fisher lovebirds. I also owned two English budgies. One day I come home from work and discover my budgies dead and a trail of blood in their cage. It turns out my lovebirds know how's to get in and out of their cages. I discovered some blood in their cage too. It is my belief that the lovebirds went on the attack and killed my budgies. Yes I have seen my lovebirds getting in and out of their cage, when I was not in sight. Actually helping each other out. Beware of your so called lovebirds.
    I'm very sorry for what happened to your budgies. Yes Lovebirds are aggresive and kinda bully-ish. I have two pairs of lovebirds and whenever the girl wants to come out she simply goes near her food door lifts it up so her husband can go out and then opens it for herself. Personally when you have a lovebird I wouldn't mix them in the same house with any other bird. What I do is I lock their cage. Their cage is never locked. Like not just closed but all the doors are sealed.

Remove Ads