Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

 

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: Baby Lovebird Colours??

  1. #31
    Baby ketcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Beautiful Opaline, lucky you

  2. #32
    Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA Midwest
    Posts
    10,986
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 1,249 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Awww!! Well I have to tell you, they are simply precious and beautiful, and you have gone through this challenge with great success. I do believe at this point you are wise to leave everything as it is, because it will not be long before they are ready to perch and fly.

    Congrats on a job well done. They truly are adorable. Please keep us posted.

  3. #33
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    Beautiful Opaline, lucky you
    Thank you I can't wait tell they grow up!

  4. #34
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Awww!! Well I have to tell you, they are simply precious and beautiful, and you have gone through this challenge with great success. I do believe at this point you are wise to leave everything as it is, because it will not be long before they are ready to perch and fly.

    Congrats on a job well done. They truly are adorable. Please keep us posted.
    Thank you It was hard, but it's worth it. We now have a family of 4 yayy! Now we lowered the triangle a BIT more because we see the baby wants to come out of the triangle and mango is sitting out there and I think she is telling him to try to come. So we lowered it and it's at the very edge of taking that one hard step out.

    One more problem, as you guys probably know I couldn't cut Mango's nails due to she had eggs. Well we put this perch for her that is kind of rough and it's doing a GREAT job trimming it a bit. But not enough. So today she got stuck in our close and couldn't come out and we had to cut it (not her nail but our string of our close). After that she went on our curtains where she LOVES to hang out. Then for some weird reason her nail was getting caught left and right. And she was trying to pull it out. So I held her down and manually took her toe out. I'm not sure what to do, our house is pretty small and I can't really control her in our house. And when you keep her in a room she will stay there for 10 minutes, but than she'll get scared and fly back and forth for a LONG while until you take her out. So that's another big issue I'm runnig into right now.

  5. #35
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Karen
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Vacaville, California, United States
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Those babies are adorable! So sweet!

  6. #36
    Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA Midwest
    Posts
    10,986
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 1,249 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    I can fully understand the toe nail problem. My budgies have regular wooden perches, and they do not help the nails. The last time I cut Muffin's toe nails, I got too close to the quick on one of them, and the toe bled, so I used white flour to stop the bleeding. Now, I am totally afraid to cut them, because after that experience, I am afraid I cannot stop the bleeding.

  7. #37
    Tailfeather boomer girl's Avatar
    Name
    Deanna
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Colfax, California
    Posts
    17,143
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 774 Times in 770 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    The babies are such cute lovebirds. I love there colors!

    We bought fingernail clippers that were made for babies. They worked perfectly for Boomer and she now uses them for her conure. She just cuts off the very tip of the nail. If they are long just cut a tiny bit every few days. Flour and cornstarch stop the bleeding but not as good styptic pen. Be careful with the styptic pencil because it will burn there skin. Vets use them when they cut toe nails short to draw blood for tests.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

  8. #38
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by KarenTrolli View Post
    Those babies are adorable! So sweet!
    Thank you

  9. #39
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    I can fully understand the toe nail problem. My budgies have regular wooden perches, and they do not help the nails. The last time I cut Muffin's toe nails, I got too close to the quick on one of them, and the toe bled, so I used white flour to stop the bleeding. Now, I am totally afraid to cut them, because after that experience, I am afraid I cannot stop the bleeding.
    We never tried cutting their nails. We usually took it to the vet to cut their nails, but since they laid eggs we couldn't take them. Mushi's nail has never been cut and he's around 7-8 months and his nail doesn't really grow. So that's nice. But Mango we cut once and we NEED to cut it again. TBH, I would feel safe cutting Mish's nails if he needed it. Because I can control him. I hold him down and simple as that. He can't budge. But Mango if I try to do it it's VERY VERY possible that I'll end up cutting her whole toe off. I just can't hold her down. She will bite and she is just hard to control. So Yeah I rather take it to the vet.

  10. #40
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    The babies are such cute lovebirds. I love there colors!

    We bought fingernail clippers that were made for babies. They worked perfectly for Boomer and she now uses them for her conure. She just cuts off the very tip of the nail. If they are long just cut a tiny bit every few days. Flour and cornstarch stop the bleeding but not as good styptic pen. Be careful with the styptic pencil because it will burn there skin. Vets use them when they cut toe nails short to draw blood for tests.
    Thank you! I wish their rump turns blue like Mushi.
    No I don't want to take the chance. She is really hard to control. I have this special powder that stops blood that we bought just in case she starts bleeding.

  11. #41
    Baby ketcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    The rump will not turn blue.

  12. #42
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    The rump will not turn blue.
    Aww that sucks. If you don't mind me asking why? Mush's rump is blue why won't their's turn out blue?

  13. #43
    Baby ketcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    In the Opaline mutation to have a blue rump the bird have to be in the blue serie, in the green serie it stay green, if the bird is yellow the rump is yellow etc...

  14. #44
    Brand New Egg Mango + Mushi's Avatar
    Name
    Muhammad
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    In the Opaline mutation to have a blue rump the bird have to be in the blue serie, in the green serie it stay green, if the bird is yellow the rump is yellow etc...
    Hmm I see. This mutation stuff is pretty cool. How did you learn to tell the mutations?

  15. #45
    Baby ketcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 55 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: Baby Lovebird Colours??

    Years of practice, of reading.

    You can try this site :

    http://www.bird4life.com/roseicollis...baserosei2.php

    It will helps you to identify a lots of mutations.

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Baby lovebirds fluff colours?
    By Madaboutlovies in forum Lovebirds
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2016, 01:44 PM
  2. new baby lovebird
    By 1st timer in forum Lovebirds
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 09-21-2014, 07:57 AM
  3. Baby Lovebird Help
    By Alexandra in forum Lovebirds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM
  4. New baby chick colours (now with photos)
    By jamess in forum Cockatiel Breeding, Babies, and Mutations
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 05:14 AM
  5. Lovebird colours
    By Emery in forum Lovebirds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Message BoardNetwork Home