Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro to Sprite and Scout!

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Intro to Sprite and Scout!

Hello, y'all!

My name is Jennifer, and I'm new to this site. I have two lovebirds - and a whole bunch of other critters, which make life interesting! Our oldest is a peachie we named Sprite. Sprite is a year old (as of last month) and we got him/her as a six-week-old, which we hand-fed. It was such an awesome experience! And it established a close bond with him. When we decided to get another one, we went back to the same breeder and adopted Scout, roughly about 3 months old, but not as hand-tamed as Sprite. We've only had Scout since last Saturday, and we are working with him/her while he/she is in quarantine. Scout is a yellow lovie with a pinkish face, and is completely adorable! Our goal is to put them together at some point, after the quarantine has ended and after they've had time to adjust. We do not know the sex of either Sprite or Scout, and I would love to know, but I don't want to do DNA testing, if I can avoid it. Visually, I know you cannot tell with lovies, but if anyone has suggestions on how to determine it, I'll take them! I've yet to try the nail-on-a-string test, which I found a video about on YouTube. My vet has tried feeling the pelvic bone on Sprite, but she wasn't sure, and Scout is sooooo young. We would like to raise some baby lovies later down the line; if they are not male and female, that's ok, too, because I love them, regardless of what they are.

I hope to post some pics in a little bit!
    Jennifer M.

Mother to 1 human, Eric; 3 cats, Stormy, Sami, & Saint; 2 bearded dragons, Smauggie & Sydney, an assortment of fish, and 3 peach-faced lovebirds, Sprite, Scout and Skye.

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Re: Intro to Sprite and Scout!

Some pics!

Bringing home the baby Sprite.

URL=http://s108.photobucket.com/user/turtlejenn/media/Sprite/A3A8F94F-9FE3-45F9-9D98-C3DAD0D37015_1.jpg.html][/URL]

Sprite says, "Yes, I'm adorable. Yes, I'm going to have you wrapped around my little toe."

Sprite sitting pretty.

Bringing home Scout.

A Scout in the hand ....

Scout says, "Yes, I am also adorable. Yes, I will also have you wrapped around my little toe."

Scout, after a little birdbath

Jennifer M.

Mother to 1 human, Eric; 3 cats, Stormy, Sami, & Saint; 2 bearded dragons, Smauggie & Sydney, an assortment of fish, and 3 peach-faced lovebirds, Sprite, Scout and Skye.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

Awwww!!! They are soooo precious and beautiful! You are going to love the journey with them, and will not ever be able to have a life without them! And I know you will be an awesome birdy mom!! Good luck! We hope to see updates and pics often!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Stephane
    Thanks

Beautiful birds!

I don't want Sprite to be jealous but Scout is my favorite, very cute, you know their mutations?

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

They are adorable!

Name
    Sammy
    Thanks

They are really gorgeous birds!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Both of them are way too cute!! Scout is beautiful and looks like he has some pied in him and little Sprite is adorable. Lucky you to have such cute lovebirds. I heard some lovebird breeders can guess there sex by the way them stand. If I am right the females sit with there rears lower and have there legs out further apart them boys who stand tall. I don't think you can tell by feeling there pubic bone like some birds and a DNA test is the only way.

I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of these two cuties and thank you so much for posting all the very cute pictures for us.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Gemma Watson
    Thanks

My bad, I could see any pics
    A great portal for enthusiastic bird owners ParakeetHome and MacawLand

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketcha View Post
    Beautiful birds!

I don't want Sprite to be jealous but Scout is my favorite, very cute, you know their mutations?
    I don't know about mutations, but I do love that pink face! They came from a little, old lady who breeds them in Lockport, La, and she goes the Ponchatoula Bird Show in July and December. We adopted Sprite at the show in July of last year. She brought Scout to the show this month, but she didn't get to hand-feed Scout or the other babies (she has an outdoor aviary) because of health issues. And it makes a difference. Scout is very nippy!
    Jennifer M.

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parakeet View Post
    My bad, I could see any pics

I can't see them anymore either, but I don't know why. I have an album with the pics in it, but they are sideways.
    Jennifer M.

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maxollie View Post
    Awwww!!! They are soooo precious and beautiful! You are going to love the journey with them, and will not ever be able to have a life without them! And I know you will be an awesome birdy mom!! Good luck! We hope to see updates and pics often!

They have such personality! Especially Sprite, who we have had for over a year now - he runs the house!
    Jennifer M.

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boomer girl View Post
    Both of them are way too cute!! Scout is beautiful and looks like he has some pied in him and little Sprite is adorable. Lucky you to have such cute lovebirds. I heard some lovebird breeders can guess there sex by the way them stand. If I am right the females sit with there rears lower and have there legs out further apart them boys who stand tall. I don't think you can tell by feeling there pubic bone like some birds and a DNA test is the only way.

I will be looking forward to seeing pictures of these two cuties and thank you so much for posting all the very cute pictures for us.

Sooooo cute! Although ... I can't picture a lovie that isn't cute! Big personality in a little package. I've heard about the stance, too (while Googling) but I haven't really noticed that. Sometimes feet are wider apart ... Sometimes not. They're not going to make it easy for me!
    Jennifer M.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you! Sprite and Scout are so so adorable! I saw the pictures in the album and their colours are so pretty! Look forward to seeing more!

Name
    Jennifer M
    Thanks

So I found out that Photobucket no longer allows you to do 3rd party hosting, so that explains why those pics I posted in the thread have disappeared.
    Jennifer M.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

I sure did not know about that change. Try the website....Tiny Pic, and see if that will work.
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Remove Ads