Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Cecil and Evie update

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

Cecil and Evie update

It's been awhile since I've posted - time is definitely not on my side lately and the days fly by.

Cecil and Evie are doing well. Couple incidents recently - I managed to step on Cecil with a cork wedge sandal as he was following my feet all morning, argh! I felt so bad, he screamed and flew to his cage and was limping for the day and was fine thereafter, thank goodness.

He is, also, as rascal as ever! And now that he has full flight he flies with such pride and sometimes (many times) in a jerky, bat-out-of-hell fashion, lol. Yet I am so glad he has flight now.

Evie has adjusted well. She will not step up onto our finger but will allow head scratches now! What an accomplishment!!! She enjoys them and will show up unexpectedly with her head down and eyes closed, lol.

However, another incident occurred a week after I accidentally stepped on Cecil - I managed to sit on Evie! Luckily, as with Cecil, I was aware she was nearby and when I sat on her (that sounds so horrible) it wasn't a complete sit but a half-sit, if that makes any sense. She quietly flew away and stayed away from me for about a day before getting back to her normal self.

I will post some recent pics soon.

As for our dear Penny... we have not given up the search. I think of her every day and my heart remains heavy.

Thanks for reading such a long post, friends... glad to be back!
    Bring Penny Home

Team Penny

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,280 Posts

Re: Cecil and Evie update

Well, I am happy',cryjng, cheering, and simply soooo excited to hear from you, and to know you are well, and Evie and Cecil are doing great. I watched for your posts most everyday, and hoped all was going well.

It is not unusual to read about the two dustups you had with them. As I always say, they are everywhere and nowhere all at the same time.

I thought for sure you would have stepped into tbe breeding pool by now, and the two would have hatched some babies.

I do think about Penny often, and keep my intentions going for her safe return.

We will welcome your updates always, Kalei. Bless you and your precious Evie and Cecil, and your entire family, and God bless Penny too, wherever she may be, and protect her from all harm, and send her safely back home to Kalei, and her family. Love and ((((((hugs)))))) Ellen

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Hi Kalei, I am happy to see you here and read your updates. I hate to admit it but poor Boomer was smashed in a drawer, sat on and flew into our toilet before and almost drowned and all three times it definitely hurt or scared him but he bounced right back. Us parronts regret what we did to them much longer then they hold our actions against us. I am happy Cecil and Evie are OK after you stepping and sitting on them. I think of your Penny and feel awful about her flying away every time I think of you and her. I know you will never forget her and thinking of her will forever hurt your heart. I have a girlfriend who's lovie flew away years ago and she still mentions her pain of losing her and it has been well over 8 years ago. Its the not knowing that will forever haunt you and for that I truly am sorry you have not found your Penny

I am hoping to see some pictures and hearing your stories about Cecil and Evie as I am sure they are just as spoiled and if possible even more beautiful since living with you.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

Thank you Maxollie for the beautiful, tear jerking welcome back message! I've missed my family here on this forum.

I need to figure out how to post photos as Photobucket now charges $400/year for 3rd party hosting?? My goodness. I do have some fun pics to share!

Boomer Girl, I am sorry but the way you worded Boomer's mishaps made me giggle. Love it. Poor Boomer. Yet it is true, they get over it faster than we do!!!

I am so happy and grateful to be back here, my second home! Thanks to everyone and for the love and support.

Cecil was adopted 6 months ago today! My how time flies!!!
    Last edited by majesty65; 09-27-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

.... Still having trouble posting pics! Stand by....
    Last edited by majesty65; 09-27-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Kalei, I could not see the picture. Photobucket says you have to update your account before I can see it. What rascals they are. The sign of the times.....$$$$$$$$!!!! As they say.....the rich get richer, the poor get poorer!!!!! How true!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrh!

I know you can post pics here with a ....Tiny Pic account. That is an online store, I believe it is free. Google..tiny pic account, and see if you can create an account.

You should be able to upload the pics from your phone or camera, and then, click on the url link on tiny pic. Come to a post like this, and on the top of this spot, click on the third icon from the right which is pictures. Then paste that url of the picture here, and it should appear. You also can create an album in your gallery, and upload pics directly from your phone or computer. We can view the pics there as well. You should be able to use old pics, as long as they have never been uploaded to photo bucket, but directly from your phone, camera, or computer.

Yes, our little buddies can get themselves in some peculiar places. My first budgie I had, when I was 11, went missing one day. My mom and I looked high and low for Mickey. We had been doing laundry that summer day, and were inside and outside the back door, hanging clothes on the clothes line. After an hour or so, we finally heard him. The chirping took us to an old tube TV, that was turned on, and Mickey had crawled inside the bottom backside. We rushed to get him out, put him in his cage, looked at each other, and both of us said.......whew......he could have got burned!!!!

Have a great day!!! ((((((((((Hugs))))))))) My..My... Time flies!!!!! 6 months since Cecil came to your home????? And soon after, beautiuful Evie arrived, and catching her was another "adventure"!!!!!!!!!!! Whew!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by maxollie; 09-27-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Name
    Sammy
    Thanks

Yay hello Kalei! I am so glad to hear you are all well. I agree we all have moments as parronts... In the last month or so Taiko has tried to help me with washing the dishes (by diving face first into the sink and water, of course) and has had his toe bitten by one of the other birds and ended up bleeding all over the place and being rushed to the vet. The shriek he let out when he got bitten was heartwrenching - I'm betting it was similar to Cecil's squawk!

Loving the Evie head scritches. I can imagine the head down, eyes closed thing. My lutino used to do the same, but would peek to see if you were paying him attention. so cute.

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

Thank you Maxollie for the info on Tiny Pic! It worked! Here are some recent photos... they are both loved and cared for and we couldn't happier that they found their forever homes.

(This one's for Kichitai!!!)

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

Cecil Lawrence AKA Larry...
    Very rascal, curious and smart. He is surely like no other cockatiel I have known. A true busy-body and definitely loves attention. Loves to practice his whistling when he thinks no one is listening.

Before I forget, Evie continues to lay eggs with periods of rest in between. After trying countless ways to prevent her chronic laying, it hasn't worked. However, we are not considering Lupron shots. She is healthy as far as we know and this may just be our new normal. It's definitely stressful for both us and Evie, yet we will let Mother Nature somehow run its course.

And in case anyone is wondering, Cecil has no interest in Evie and vice versa. It's sad but what can you do... I am glad they at least tolerate one another at this point!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Wow, they both are such beautiful birds and they both sure have become little lover birds. They must be LOVING living with you and having each other to hang out with.

I am so happy your back because you have always posted beautiful pictures for us to admire here. I have always used Tinypic for my pictures and I am happy it is still working for free downloads.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Oh, Kailei, they are just beautiful/handsome. They so remind me of Penny. They have that super happy face, and glint in their eyes, and it is very evident tbey are so loved and care for by you and love you.

I admire you for the decision you made about the egg laying. No shots or other meds for any of my birds either. I no longer have tiels, but would feel the same about all parrot species. Nature's way is always best!! With birds, they can fall in love over night, so do not lose hope on having babies.

We sure will welcome updates and pics anytime!! I love Cecil and Evie, and also love you. Take care!!
    Last edited by maxollie; 09-28-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Name
    Sammy
    Thanks

Ohhhh perfect pictures of the head scratchy birdy bliss! Love it!

Name
    Kalei
    Thanks

Hello dear friends! It's been some time since my last post - I've missed everybody dearly!

Cecil and Evie are doing very well. We have come such a long way... Evie now allows her head being scratched all the time, but still doesn't like eating out of our hand. She's a very calm and gentle girl.

Cecil is such a rascal, loud and smart boy! He can be a bully to Evie at times and does get his fair share of scoldings for being mean to her. Yet, he is a wonderful entertainer and Evie cries for him when he leaves the room, which I find very sweet. They are not a bonded pair for sure, yet they have a sweet connection between them now.

We have not brought Penny home. We hear that the people who have her have no intention of returning her. I do have a thought, please be mindful of posts of "rescued" cockatiels. The people who have her may come on to these type of boards and may even post a picture of her. I've contacted all the vets in the area to make sure they continue being aware of any new cockatiel patients as well.

Wishing everybody a wonderful holiday season! I miss everybody here and hope to post more often.

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Hi, Kalei! I am soooo happy to see you here, and it is awesome how well Cecil and Evie are doing. Males can be little rascals at times. It is great, though, that they are bonded well, and need to be close to each other.

I think of you, Evie, Cecil, and Penny alot of the time. And I keep my intentions going for Penny's return. Meanies like those who have her will resort to most any kind of behavior. What better place to strut about your beautiful tiel than on a forum. I sure will keep my eyes open for a post as you suggested.

I wish for you and your family, Evie and Cecil, and all those you love a very blessed Thanksgiving. You are a true and loving friend to me, and to this community. If I were to see some red flag concerning "rescued". User names and location, or pics, I will PM you immediately!

Aloha, Kaleli!!!!((((((((hugs))))))) to you and the tiels! Love you!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I miss your posts and you here too Kalei and I feel just so sad that Penny flew out and someone still has her. If only someone would come out and tell you who has her so you can get her back. No doubt they have to know you are still looking for her and it is just too sad they don't care and keep Penny.

Cecil and Evie are such beautiful birds and that is very sweet that Evie cries out to Cecil when he is not in the room with her. They do have mutual feelings for each other after all.

Remove Ads