where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Hello all

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Charlotte Moon
    Thanks

Hello all

New bird owner here, had many weird and wonderful pets before but never a bird, always been the kind of pet I never thought I would have but always wanted.
    I get my Budgie on Friday, and all I have done for the last 3 or so months is research till I cannot fit any more info in my head, then spent rest of the time buying goodies, my cage finally turned up this afternoon so getting very excited now.

This is the photo the breeder sent me, she says its too young to tell if it is male or female as of yet so still that surprise to come

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/...TcwNzI=/?ref=1

Hope to ask you wonderful people many questions I'm sure

Charlotte

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 1,003 Posts

Re: Hello all

Hi'Charlotte, and welcome to the community. You have chosen a gorgeous budgie. I love the beautiful colors. I agree it is too early to know the sex. Budgies are hardy, loving , playful, and beautiful parrots. They love swings, music, their seeds, fresh leaf lettuce, small whole wheat bread pieces, and even fresh apple small slices. When feeding fresh veggies, do not feed cabbage family veggies, especially parsley, kale and broccoli. These veggies have a phyto chemical in them, which can cause esophagal tumors in budgies.

I have homed budgies for many years. I would be lost without them in my life. You will have a best friend forever!! We will welcome your posts and updates and pics anytime.
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Re: Hello all

Welcome to the site! And also to the amazing life of being owned by a bird!! They are great pets and no doubt you are going to love your little cutie you picked out.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads