Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Budgie Not Laying Her Second Egg!!! What Should I Do...?

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,262 Times in 1,261 Posts

Re: My Budgie Not Laying Her Second Egg!!! What Should I Do...?

Yes, she can incubate with a new baby or babies, and still take care of the first baby. This past summer we had a couple of love bird owners who had that happen, and the older babies...there were two or three, got along fine with the new tiny ones. Hopefully your hen will not have a large clutch of 7-8 eggs this second time, because that will be a lot of mouths for mom to feed. I would say 4-5 hatchlings will work. Otherwise, you may have to help out by hand feeding them. But for now we will not worry about that.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Birds are so amazing when it comes to taking care of the babies. The dads keep busy feeding mom and the mom keeps busy feeding the babies. It sounds like the dad is already doing a good job feeding the mom so hopefully this continues so all you need to do is sit back and watch all your cute babies grow up. I has to fun watching the cycle of life seeing a egg hatch out and watching the babies grow up. I never have been lucky enough to see a bird even sitting on a nest because all of our "family" birds have all been boys.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Ohh very thank you...
    Maxollie and boomergirl...
    Thank you so much...

I will keep updating whats going on here..
    Thanks

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

New Update...She Laid Her Third Egg Also..The Pairs Are Still Mating...Lovely...She Have Eat Cuttlebone And Banana...

So any More Advises???
    Thank in Advance

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Just watch her and try to not disturb her or the nest anymore than you need to do so. Time is moving fast for that first egg. You are doing great, and so are all your flock.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

At finally She Has laid 5 eggs...she incubate her eggs...She eat too much food..nowdays she poop's very big... The Time is very going fastly for 1 egg...i have candle the all eggs..i have seen veins in 4 eggs...i just sit near the cage.watch them...They are lovely..Im waiting for eggs to hatch...Thank You So Much for your helps...

Just Pray for my budgie egg to hatch✌❤❤😀

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Awwww!!!! I sure will be praying! I am anxious to see what will happen when that first only egg hatches and how mom and dad will take care of it, while she is setting on the others!!

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!! Keep the updates coming to us!!!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Unfortunately I want 2 say one thing...The First Egg (1st Clutch) Has a Heart beat...but The Chick cant open its shell to over come...then i had to start helping that egg...That chick unable to live...he is dead...

I'm waiting for 2nd clutch To Hatch...
    (My bornday Today)😢😢😢

Mom of 3 fids Chick Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

It's not a good idea to help the chick open the egg. It sometimes takes the chick a long time to pip through the shell. Next time, don't help the chick. They need to work the shell on their own. It helps them to start using their lungs to breathe. That's why you are not supposed to help them. It sometimes can take over a day for the chick to work its way out of the shell.

If you are worried about a chick taking too long to hatch, just think of it this way: If you help him, the chick might just end up dead like the other one. If you don't help him, he has a better chance of surviving, but if he doesn't, at least you gave him a better chance.
    Mommy and Daddy birds are the ones who should help a chick in trouble getting out of the shell. You should never help the baby hatch in the future. Sometimes, our human hands can touch the shell a tiny bit and do a lot of damage to the baby, too. I'm so sorry you lost that chick. Best of luck with the rest of them. Just be a little more patient with the babies.
    Whitefaced Pearl Cockatiel Smokey Bear: Hatched June 14, 2018
    Whitefaced Pied Cockatiel Wolfie Barry James (Wolfgang): Hatched approx: December 25, 2017
    Yellow Naped Amazon Benny Francis: Hatched March 24, 2018

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I totally agree with Pat. We must never touch any hatching, or soon to hatch eggs. The best advice I have given and will say again is to not disturb the nest or the parents. They have the sole job of doing the setting and hatching of the eggs. Do not keep looking into the nest.

Mother Nature has given the mother an instinct to take care of each egg. That mother knows which eggs will hatch and if that baby will survive.
    So, please just let the parents decide their hatching agenda. No matter the pet, a cat, dog, cow, bird, fish, etc., we must allow nature and the parent to do the work.

We are the observers only! I also send my sympathy for the loss of the baby.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Hiii all...

I want to say one happy thing, at finally the 1st egg hatched successfully..So Thank You much For Helping Me...Hopefully Im waiting For Other Eggs to Hatch...

ThankYouSoMuch All...
    And I need some idea's about What are the food were given to parent budgie? becoz i need too care about chick budgie..

Thank in advance

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Yaaay!! One baby hatched so far. Continue to give the parents their seed mix, some fresh leaf lettuce if they will eat it, some whole wheat bread small pieces, and plenty of cuttlebone/cuttle fish. You can take a piece of cuttlebone and crush it into small pieces and mix in with the seed mix, and put bigger pieces inside the cage. You also can take a boiled chicken egg, shred the egg in tiny pieces and feed in a separate dish or cup. You can crush the hen egg shells and mix it in their seed mix.Both white and yellow of egg can be fed.

I hope there will be more babies! The dad will be busy feeding mom, and mom feeding the babies!! Good luck! We will welcome your updates anytime.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

There Was a Doubt For Me....

I cant check or see the baby budgie...whenever i go for checking parent budgie didnt allow me to check...but i can see a littlebit...the baby crop was little filled yellowish colour hope there was feeden by parent budgie..
    But they feed very little...but till now i heard just only once the baby budgie sound till now...
    1.How to find baby budgie hungryness?
    2.can parent budgie feed enough food for baby?
    3.can parent take more care of their baby?
    4.sometimes the male.budgie put their legs on baby budgie would this hurt the baby??
    5.My baby budgie isnt sound.so this is sign of enough feeden parent aah?

Tailfeather
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

The baby generally peeps when he is hungry. However, Nature has instilled a motherly instinct into the mom, so she will naturally feed it. The babies are sooo tiny, just a tiny amount of her food is needed at each feeding. vesting Do you see the dad going into the box after he eats seeds from the cup? He will regurgitate the seeds to mom and she will feed that to the babies. If you can see the baby, it should have pinkish color tummy and face, and feet should be light gray or gray in color. The baby should never have bluish color skin or feet, because that is a sign it is dehydrating, or is not getting enough food.

It is a real plus that the baby has lived this long. To me, that signals it is getting enough food and warmth to survive. Right now, there would be no need to be worried about its feet because the baby spends his/her time underneath the mom. Did you put nesting material in the box? If so, put very little, because the babies can smoother. I used no nesting material at all for my 4 babies.

Just keep feeding parents as I recommended. Each 24 hours is cruicial for every baby. Each day you make it through that time is very encouraging. Try hard to trust nature and to not interfere with mom. You do not want her to abandon or kill them. She does not like her nest to be disturbed. We will watch for updates.
    Last edited by maxollie; 12-06-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Hello...At Last My Budgie Have Hatched 3 Babies...I'm so Happy to see that and also i candle the other 3 eggs...2 of them has baby in it...my Another Pair {Budgies} Laid 4 Eggs and almost incubate 10 days...

So can i change the hatching egg to My another pair Becoz If it hatch on Nest having 3 babies she cant maintain them...Here There was very cold...

If i change eggs to another pair there is no Problem for hen in feeding babies...

And also the nest having three babies littlebit smaller...so she cant maintain 5 babies at single nestbox...

But my another pair of budgies which in incubating has large Nestbox..and also they are good feeders and tamed...

So can i change eggs to that pair?
    My decision is right or fully wrong?
    I dont want kill my babies for place problem

Thank in advance
    Waiting For Your Replies

Remove Ads