Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning member, unable to post pics

Hatched! Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! DesertDweller's Avatar
    Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Returning member, unable to post pics

Hi all,
    I haven't been active for a while and I'd like to post some photos of my new disabled cockatiel. I used to be able to post attachments, but now I can't.

Is there any way I can be allowed to have the functions I used to have?
    Under Posting Permissions, it says I may not post attachments. I read in the TOS that I have to post at least 15 times to be able to post attachments. As you can see from my profile, I have already posted 766 times.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    All six of the flock are 6 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 7th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Kat
    Thanks

Re: Returning member, unable to post pics

All I know how to do it is use an image hosting site (tiny pic, Imgur ect) and post the link.

If you want the actual picture instead of a link, you post the direct link and change the [url] to [img]... after we you post the direct link, post the reply, then edit the post and change the url to img. That’s how I have to do it.
    3.4.3.6Cockatiels.
    Jack O' Lantern., Buddy Clone. Jonny File.
    Winter Wing. Ollysaurus Becky Siberian. Kellie Kelster,and
    Riffraff.Fluster Bird.Pother Panther. 6 eggs..
    1.. Canary.
    Jimmy.

Majestic Animals.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

We can no longer use photo bucket here, because they now charge big bucks to post what they say are third party pics. Get an online tiny pic account. Upload your pics to that website, then copy the url according to that websites instructions. Then come here to a post spot like this one, and in the third icon from the right here, above the writing, click on that...image...icon. Then, paste your url from tiny pic, and you should see your pics here.
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

Thanks, Kat and Ellen. At the bottom of the reply area in the Permissions, it says I do not have permission to post attachments. I did post a picture in my album, but even though I can see the picture when I click on my album, if I click on the picture it says I do not have any pictures in my album. Weird.
    All six of the flock are 6 years old already! Tubbie and Sweetie are looking forward to their 7th birthday. Pretty good for sparrows!

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

By the way, I have a PhotoBucket premium account, but they want me to upgrade it to a more expensive one. I told them to cancel my account and I deleted all my photos on their website. It was a pain in the neck downloading all my photos because they changed their options to make it very hard to download your own photos. That website is getting really greedy and difficult to use. I'm just using OneDrive to save my stuff now. And I also save on Google. I'm not sure if I want to go to another picture website.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

Check out your settings and see if there is a box you should check to post the pics. I do not think you should be having that problem. I never did when I posted pics the first time, several years ago. If need be, contact Kiera, the administrator. Yes, it is weird.

It is something how $$$$ has turned to greed for many. Ugh I do not blame you for taking everything off there. Thanks for sharing. I have an old account there I have not used for a long time. I am going to do the same thing!!!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Pat
    Thanks

I just found the paid subscription option for Tailfeathers Gold. I now have the ability to post attachments. It only cost me 10 bucks per year. It's worth it. Now I have to see which method I'll use to post the photos.

At least now I can do it. YAY!

+ Reply to Thread

Remove Ads