where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: been awhile! snowys' toe.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    stanley kwiecinski
    Thanks

been awhile! snowys' toe.

snowy hooked her toe in the shredded tent, she shares with big eyes. Took her to the vet. vet. put her on Meloxican 1.5mg. for 3days.ended yesterday. She is favoring her left leg. picks at it occasionally. Toe looks out of joint? Never got any real info from vet? Stapled form letter, from cashier. Called clinic about her to picking, got same cashier. Said maybe she is bored? give her a toy!Big eyes' is not a bore! done vetting. Shes eating well, a little glum? anyway.How long will she be laid up? New experience to me. replaced tent. Peaches' and Chuckie parents. are doing well! Thanks for your help!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 1,023 Posts

Re: been awhile! snowys' toe.

Hi, Stanley. Welcome back. One never knows the verbal response they might get!!!! I do not think it is being bored. I had a budgie that jammed a toe, several years ago. I did not take him to vet, and had no idea how it happened other than my budgies got into a fight over a female!!

As I recall, it took a few weeks but the budgie could still navigate the cage, and it healed completely. That toe did stay pretty straight, permanently, but it did not affect him at all.

So happy to hear Peaches and Chuckie are doing well. We will welcome your updates anytime.

Happy Holidays to you, your family, and the lovies!!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    stanley kwiecinski
    Thanks

I was checking my Email for a response? To much holiday junk on my mind! Hello Ellen, was gonna call the hosp. back or the bird place that sent me to the hosp. ironic, I just opened the Christmas card sent by the Hosp. She seems more perky today in the sun. shes up and down to eat but mainly staying put. I'm sure it hurts, sort of helpless? gonna call the non hosp. see what they say? Thanks Ellen! getting like mother hen(pun) i've had a few breaks! nothing heals in a week. Will keep in touch. Happy Holiday's to you, and you'res! PS D got a 12lb. turkey for free from work. I got 144.60 bill plus 10 for gas for a 49gr. love bird karma?

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Oh dear me!!!!!! You know, this country sure has increased the cost of most everything!! Quite honestly, I doubt many folks get a free turkey from an employer these days compared to years ago. Enjoy the turkey dinner and your family and the fids!! Thankfully, you do not have alot of vet expense. For those that do, from what I read, it is horrendous!!

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Vets are crazy expensive! I use to ask for a vet tech when I called the office and then talked to them about my concerns. If the tech did not know the answer they would ask the vet and then call me back later with the vets answer. The people who answer the phone do not know anything about what happens in the back room usually.

I hope your little girls toe is feeling a little better by now. If not I would call and ask for the vet tech to talk to them about it.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    stanley kwiecinski
    Thanks

Good news! Snowy is back to flying back and forth from the lower perch. Feisty like before. she just got off their swing. toe is pretty straight, not as off colored as after the accident. Got them a cheap tent on line,To small, they wouldn't go near it! You get what U pay 4! Fixed the old one with a stapled in clean sock. Back to playing sardines again. When i bought Peaches; I asked the old gent for a female. He felt around? DEFINITELY a hen.When i asked the VET if she was a she she said thy would have to take blood test to find out$$$ (still don't know i'm assuming?) told her about the old gent. She gave me a EW! look! Thought it kinda funny? Maybe i'll take snowy to the old gent to find out? LOL! now my 9yr. old wall htr. is freaking out!maybe the old gent can help me? wacked with a plier this morn. fired back up! Thanks for the help! Merry Christmas everyone!

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I'm so happy Snowy is doing much better! I will think of your "tent" ventures with the FIDS, this cold winter!!! Yikes!! I am about 30 miles north of Peoria, about 3 hours from you! Today it got to 30 degrees, and the wind is blowing 40 mph. I was spoiled by the mild fall weather. Snow flurries here tonight!!! Merry Christmas, Stanley. We will watch for updates!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    stanley kwiecinski
    Thanks

We did Toys for Tots sunday 58! one time yrs. ago. it was so cold! i was leery to go? anyway, the throttle cable snapped. i had a spare cable. but the old harley didn't want to go either! Toys got a ride by someone not as smart as my bike. All 4 were tweeting in the sunlite, suns going down, now their all eating. Snowys' toe is pink! wondering if infected? watching out. she and big eyes are bopping all over the cage. htrs. working? 20s headed this way for tonight & tomorrow. have 2back up oil htrs. just in case. looks like a pajama night.

Fledgeling
    Name
    Bill
    Thanks

Some vets are like the one who gave you no information. There are also good vets that make you gald you went to them. I have had both. One was like your vey, next vet was even better than I had hoped for. You must be sure that everything in the birds cage including the cage is safe for a .bird so they will not be injured. I have had to learn the hard way, as one of my birds got stuck in a cage on the bars. I had to get a safer cage.

Remove Ads