Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Need to give away my lovebirds 😔

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Need to give away my lovebirds 😔

I have two lovebirds I love them sooo much,the problem is I have been so busy and they want attention and hate their cage.i feel so bad and canít keep them like this so I must give them away for their happiness,they are semi tame by the way.since they are only eight months old I think they can adjust easily.The good news is a local aviary wants them 😊.That was great news because I can trust them.I just wanted to let people know because itís a really hard time

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Re: Need to give away my lovebirds 😔

I'm so sorry! I don't know what I would do if I had to give my little Mangs and Mush away

You have obviously shown a lot of courage. That is really unselfish of you. I'm proud of you! You did the right thing. I'm sure you'll soon get over with it. The best think is that you found someone trustworthy who can take them in. Stay strong!

I'm glad they were still small when you gave them away. I'm sure they'll be much more happy in a bigger place where someone is able to give them propper attention. I'm just glad you did the right thing. I don't know what I would do if I had to give Mango and Mushi away. I don't think I could.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am very sorry you have to give away your babies. I have no doubt it is killing you inside to do this but it is a very respectable loving thing you are doing for them. I am very happy you found a good place for them to go to and hopefully they will let you come and visit your babies every now and then even if it is from afar just so you can see them and know they are OK. My thoughts are with you. BIG HUGS for giving them a better life.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 1,026 Posts

I too am sorry you cannot keep them, but truly admire you for finding great folks to take them and care for them! I have had to give birds away on occasion, in the past, and it really breaks your heart, but the beautiful memories we have of them will be with be with us forever! I am sending BIG HUGS to you as well!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Yeah, I used to live in Canada and I had a cockatiel that I was really attached too. She was a very sweet little bird, very tame never bit us once. I was then like 4-5 years old. So my personal attachment to her came here. Once I was playing on the coach like a little monkey -_- and I fell and she didn't move and my feet hit her wing Her wing broke and there was no way to fix it. I felt really bad for her. When I was 6-7 years old we had to leave the country for good. So thankfully we found this lady that loved birds. She took her in and has been with her since then. A couple times we called her and she said she was fine, but she changed her number and I guess we did too and we lost contact I'm sure that she's fine with her. Although she is pretty old now

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

Thanks so much for those kind words.He came and took them an hour ago and now Iím bawling.They looked terrified.I canít 😭

Name
    Ellen
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 1,026 Posts

Awww! I am sending you hugs!!!!!!!
    [/COLOR] I'm owned by my two sweet budgies, Muffin and Marlee.

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear this about giving away your lovebirds. Please remember that you did it because you knew it was the best thing for them in order for them to live long and happy lives, and even better they went to their new home together and not separately. This would definitely be a very very hard situation to be in, I would struggle with it too. Will you be able to visit yours at the aviary? Being in an aviary they will surely be really happy being among many other birds too. They would have been scared at first because they didnt know what was happening or where they were going but they will adjust and I hope they will make so many new little friends in their new home.

I'm also sending hugs! This forum will be here for you and provide all the support you need.

Name
    Muhammad
    Thanks

Aw dat's sad Be brave, they'll be happier. They're always scared with new people, but they sure adapt fast.

Hugs incoming!!!!!!!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

I actually found out they are confused but excited.But someone at the aviary took them to his own home because they wouldnít get along with the others.I canít visit they are too far away 😭😭

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

😔I miss them so much guys.I canít believe they are gone

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so sorry and if I could I would sit and cry with you because I feel your pain and know if this was me I would be bawling my eyes out too. Its hard to say goodbye to a loving pet and I really do hope that the person will keep you updated so you will be able to know they are OK. Big hugs to you!
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Remove Ads