where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lovebirds of Lorien - 2018

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Re: Lovebirds of Lorien - 2018

Oh wow! That makes me sad to think about what happened to Glorfindel but I am so glad you caught the behaviour and found him in time to get him help. I feel sad that sometimes the parents do this to their babies and in many of the threads on here I have heard that parents will neglect a baby if they think it will be too weak to survive, but Glorfindel, with your help, certainly defied the laws of nature. I am so glad he survived and is thriving now.

I love how you name your birds, they have nice medieval names. Do Lady Galadriel and Gorfindel recognise each other as parent and child or does it not work like that with birds? I have heard that this is why after babies are weaned they need to be separated from their siblings and parents because then they eventually start mating with each other. And how was Gorfindel when Linaewen passed? He must have been really sad too.

I remember when you mentioned a baby masked lovebird you had awhile ago in one of the threads I started about my Asha and her left flight feather, I guess I assumed you changed species of lovebirds to breed. What happened to that masked lovebird that you mentioned did not have the gene in order to develop his left flight feather? I hope its a happy story for the little one.

That picture of Gorfindel on the ringneck cage is funny. You breed ringnecks and lovebirds then? I have one ringneck and Sometimes when I'm trying to change the foods and waters of my little Kovu lovebird she gets out of her cage, however if she lands on the ringneck's cage he never touches her or anyone, he's so mellow, and only growls to humans instead lol, but if the ringneck gets out its the other way around and we have to make sure he doesnt get on any lovebird cages because of their feet biting.

Celebrian is just so cute too! They are all really adorable, everytime I see lovebirds and their tiny little bodies and curious little eyes it melts my heart.

I am really looking forward to seeing more and more of your little angels often on here.

Name
    Jen
    Thanks

I think Iím going to need to be on a list lol
    Happily owned by Zephyr, Zenith, and Zazu

Name
    Jen
    Thanks

Sent you a PM

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Jen if you do get one of Tim's babies it will no doubt be very beautiful but also very people friendly. I know without a doubt if I do ever get a bird it will have to be one of Tim's.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Thanks

~Laila

Most of my birds are named after Tolkien characters and places. It was the theme of my aviary. However, with the birds I've acquired later on, I ran out of names I liked and started coming up with silly names.

There was no love between Galadriel and her Dad when they were out together. I have a Blackmasked baby though that whenever she's out, seeks out her parents. She's adamant about hanging out with them and they really don't mind her being with them. So I guess it just depends on the birds...

I think Glorfindel was sad when Linaewen passed. I tried to leave him alone for a while after. I would like to eventually get him a cage mate, and not necessarily a breeding cagemate. It could be another friendly male. He's very nice about opening his cage to other birds. I needed to throw a bird in his cage once for about 20 minutes and he was completely fine with it. lol

The Blackmasked baby with the missing digit on it's wing was adopted out of state.

I don't breed Indian Ringnecks. I have two males. And you're right, the Ringnecks may get upset about the Lovebirds on the cage, but they don't do much but pretend to strike the Lovebirds toes. However, the Lovebirds can move really quickly and bite their toes in a second! I always keep my eyes out for that and intervene before it happens.

Yes, Lovebirds are the cutest. I really love the Fischers best though. They are so stinken cute!

~Jen

Thanks for your interest Jen! Stay tuned for babies down the line and if your life is such that you can add another feathery friend to your home, just let me know.

~Deanna

Thanks for the nice words Deanna. You seriously need a Lovebird again. I would love for you to get a lil Fischer boy. ;-)

I don't have any new pics to share with you guys today, so I'll go back to the CELEBORN and GALADRIEL story. We talked about Galadriel's parents and the loss that occurred, so now I wanna talk about Celeborn's parents and the loss that occurred. :-( Celeborn's parents were KING ELESSAR and ELWING. Ellesar was one of my favorite birds. Outside of being drop dead beautiful, he was the sweetest bird with the cutest face. Just like Galadriel reminds me of Linaewen, Celeborn reminds me of his Dad. He has the same sweet face and good nature. In Spring 2016 I moved houses. I was moving about three cages a day. Elessar was in the first group moved. On the third day when I arrived with cages, I found him dead on the floor of his cage. I really have no idea what happened to him except possibly Elwing went after him. She had a history of turning on her mate before when someone new came along. Again, it was a huge loss and another reason why this pair is so special to me.

ELESSAR JUST WEANED

ELESSAR AS A DAD

Name
    Jen
    Thanks

I can imagine how heart wrenching it was. I’m so sorry!!!

I’ve never seen such beautiful lovebirds, and I would be blessed to be a mom to one of your kids! All things work out the way they are meant to, I truly believe that. (My kids say I’m a hippie) lol but I’ve seen it over and over in my life. Thanks for the time you’ve been spending with me re PM, and let’s see how things go.

Name
    Henry
    Thanks

These are the greatest looking lovebirds I have ever seen in my life! I actually refuse to ever get or add another one under any circumstance now unless it comes from you!

There was a white one when I went to get mine, but Sony and I made the connection I felt it was right.

I loved Tolkien and the names you choose too, and I don't mean the movies.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

I am so sorry your lost Ellessar What a beautiful bird he was and I think I remember when he was born because Helen here always said he looked lots like her Sammy does and boy does he. He is stunning as a adult and no wonder Celeborn is so dang handsome. If he wasn't blue he would look almost just like Ellessar. I am and have always been in love with your lovebirds Tim and I actually talked to the hubby about them and told hi how beautiful they were and that one day I will get one. He was interested but told me to get Carissa to get one so we could bird sit them like we do Tikki. Who knows what the future may have in store for our future but no doubt if I ever get a bird it will be one or maybe two of yours. I am very happy others here are interested in them as well from here. It would be sort of like keeping them in the family, or tailfeathers family that is.

My daughter is a huge Tolkien fan and has read all the books over and over again since 5th grade. As I told Tim but not everyone else she actually had a "Lord of the Rings" themed wedding up in the mountains close to our house.
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Thanks

Henry, Laila and Jen, nice meeting all of you on here. Thanks for allowing me to share some of my birds with you!
    I appreciate all of your nice feedback.

However, Iíve decided to leave the bird forums. Iíve been coming here for 8 years now and just feel I need to move on.

All the best to you and your FIDS!

Name
    Jen
    Thanks

I’m really sorry to see this Tim. You have so much knowledge to share. I don’t know if you will see this but it was really nice meeting you here and I hope you reconsider. Jen

Name
    Laila
    Thanks

Aw, I'm sorry to hear it too, I was definitely looking forward to reading and seeing more on your aviaries, and hope you will reconsider again down the track, and also I do thank you for your input last year when I was posting about my little Asha and her flight feather. I also do wish you and your fids the very best in health and happiness too.

Remove Ads